• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 736 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:25 PM

Does anyone have knowledge of shadow people?
  • whirledpeas likes this

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,773 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

I'm in the dark on that one.

• Spooner and MsBehavin420 like this

#3 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 2,752 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:50 PM

Where does your shadow go, when you turn out the lights.

Shadow people are things like ghosts, but dark.  In either case they are apparent by their absence of material.

I have several friends who are conspicuous by their absence, but they  do not manifest by creating anomalies in the anticipated photons of my enviironment.

• Skywatcher and MsBehavin420 like this

#4 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:25 PM

The last time I went manic and psychotic I literally SAW shadow people. Of course I preferred to call them "Schattengeist" or "Shadow ghosts". This was when I made the mistake of going off of my bipolar medications. It was my own fault. It's quite a jarring experience to literally see things like this and then go back on the medications and realize: WOW. I really do have this medical condition and I need to stay on my medications.

So long as I've actually stayed on my medications I've always had zero symptoms. For 8 years I had not even the slightest symptom. Then I began to doubt: Do I REALLY have this? I can think of so many things in my life that might have explained everything else, but then when I REALLY SAW something like that when I wasn't using ANY DRUGS AT ALL, just when I wasn't taking my medications, I came to realize the truth.

I will never, ever go off my meds or avoid treatment ever again.

Of course this wasn't drug-induced, so this is a bit of an oddball story. I'll keep it brief, but I haven't posted on here in ages so I figure I owe you all a story.

So I went off of my medications several years ago. You see, due to a broken marriage, alcoholic emotionally abuse and, at least to me, a physically abusive drunk ass father literally fighting me in my teenage years, I figured this wasn't "mental illness" it was just shitty life, teenage angst, and a shit father. My father got better over time, and at the time I went off of my medications I was much older. It's just that I had so much stuff in my mind that could PLAUSIBLY, at least to me, explain all of the teenage trips of mental hospitals because of my past younger days of uncontrollable, impulsive, anger outbursts and moods.

When you're told for most of your life that you're mentally ill it's so heavily stigmatized of COURSE you want to find what you think is a logical explanation.

The first time I really truly went manic was in 2008. Back then I'd been heavily abusing psychedelics and other such things. I figured it was because of the drugs. Then I went to a mental hospital, got on meds that worked, and had no issues for nearly a decade.

But still, that "Is this REALLY my situation in life?" wore on me.

So one day I stopped taking my meds.

After enough time I started to have some delusions. For those that don't know, delusions are false beliefs, often outlandish or grandeur in nature, that you actually believe as truth. You accept them as being absolutely true, the same as what your first and last name are, your birthday, and more. To you they ARE TRUE, but they really aren't.

Then I began to hear people calling my name. I figured they were just people calling my name in public. Makes no sense since I'd never seen those people, but it got worse.

I ended up abusing alcohol. I could drink a TON because, while manic, I had so much energy and didn't feel tired at all, but I used the alcohol to "bring me down". So no illegal drugs, but definitely alcohol, which could have made things a bit worse.

Then, one evening, I went for a walk. I went to go get a sandwich at a local place and bought a bottle of wine.

Walking back home I kept hearing things. Maybe I just heard things from the TV or radio coming through open windows of houses I passed, but the way I interpreted them was all askew.

As I got close to home, I I started to see things lurking in the shadows. I saw vague outlines of people moving. They seemed humanoid, but would transition abruptly from one movement to another and often appeared to have multiple arms or legs. They moved rapidly and unpredictably. I tried to rush from the safety of being bathed in one streetlight to the next attempting to avoid the Schattengeist as much as possible.

I LITERALLY saw these forms, almost immaterial, nearly translucent, but certainly there maniacally thrashing about attempting to reach me.

The Schattengeist were fucking FAST. They would suddenly appear somewhere a few feet away from where they were and then I'd see after-images catching up to them. Scary!

At times I actually felt their hands on me. It LITERALLY felt as though something material was touching me, and I could see these ghostly forms reaching out to grasp me. I'd gasp in fear when this happened and would continue to hurry along. It got worse the close I got to home.

I did drink that entire bottle of wine that night. Thank goodness those days are years in the past now. I don't drink like that anymore.

But fuck, man. That was jarring and frightening. In my mind those things actually existed and were trying to get me. I felt them touch me. I felt them push and pull me.

For a while now I've been back on the meds and I've had zero symptoms. I plan to stay on these meds until the day I die. There's recent research that shows the more often a bipolar person cycles into mania permanent brain damage happens and the more often you stay off meds and go manic the worse it gets over time. It can get so bad that you can't EVER GET BETTER, have a ridiculously high risk of suffering dementia and even brain mass loss over time. I'm so fortunate to respond so well to treatment and after having to go through something like that I have NO DOUBT that I have to take my condition seriously and stay in treatment.

I'm sorry that it took something like this for me to realize that this was real, but since I wasn't using any "drugs" apart from alcohol while off my meds I knew that I couldn't blame it on something else or reason it away any more.

I'm sure that people on stimulant binges with severe lack of sleep experience something similar. From what I understand stimulant-induced psychosis looks exactly like actual mental illness psychosis and the only way to know the difference is to see if there are drugs in someone's system or if it goes away on its own without medication treatment.

It's frightening as fuck when you BELIEVE and FEEL and HEAR and SEE stuff happening around you or to you. In your world, and in your mind, whether it's mental illness or drugs it is REAL TO YOU.

Be safe, use in moderation and use responsibly, and take care of any health issues that you may have! There's some stuff we really are better off just not using, and if we have a mental health diagnosis we should learn more about it and try to take it seriously. Living a balanced live has really helped me to move forward in life. I'm just sorry that, because of the stigmatization, it took something as horrifying as this to wake me up to the truth. Maybe if we didn't stigmatize and demonize mental health issues so much it would be easier for people to accept their conditions and take proper care of themselves.

Edited by niemandgeist, 01 May 2018 - 10:34 PM.

• coorsmikey, Alder Logs and MsBehavin420 like this

#5 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,357 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:38 PM

There were some good discussions of Shadow people or beings a ways back here:

https://mycotopia.ne...by-shadow-hags/

I can say there are IMO several kinds.

Some seem lost in a perpetual repeating loop, not really aware of this time or state, usually stuck or trapped in the same places, and unawareor uncaring about us

These could also be explained as energy residuals from a past event.

Some are definitely aware, reactive to our attention, and peripheral more often than not.

There are some much more ominous, but with no details I am not sure what you are defining as shadow people.

There is actually a lot of information, but I tend not to give much credence to that which comes from sources that have not personally seen or experienced these "Beings?"

Edited by Skywatcher, 01 May 2018 - 10:55 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,773 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:59 PM

Where does your shadow go, when you turn out the lights[?]

I'm guessing, inside the refrigerator. 

• Juthro and Spooner like this

#7 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:14 AM

Where does your shadow go, when you turn out the lights[?]

I'm guessing, inside the refrigerator.
Hanging with Harry?

#8 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:24 AM

There were some good discussions of Shadow people or beings a ways back here:
https://mycotopia.ne...by-shadow-hags/

I can say there are IMO several kinds.
Some seem lost in a perpetual repeating loop, not really aware of this time or state, usually stuck or trapped in the same places, and unawareor uncaring about us
These could also be explained as energy residuals from a past event.

Some are definitely aware, reactive to our attention, and peripheral more often than not.

There are some much more ominous, but with no details I am not sure what you are defining as shadow people.

There is actually a lot of information, but I tend not to give much credence to that which comes from sources that have not personally seen or experienced these "Beings?"

Yep these guys!
not so much Hatman (bee bop bah bada bop) but more like that. A friend and her younger brother see these 'beings'. Negative home. Emotional stuff. But she's not crazy. Neither is her brother..
I've had experiences seeing shadow cats. More specifically, one of them was a shadow of My Cat, Oil(pronounced Earl) at our last residence. They didn't come with us to the new home, and no more have appeared even though we lost 2 fur babies here.
I had A weird visual at that house where I was accompanied by another friend also having the same "vision" walking in behind me. She had 3 prophetic dreams while living there as well. 2 deaths and one hospitalization. But thats for a different day..
these shadow people are also apparently often confused with demons which I think is what niemandgeist, above was speaking about with the touching part.
Idk I read they can't touch us.
But how the fuck can we deny this type of existence when we believe in the beings when smoking dmt.....

Edited by MsBehavin420, 02 May 2018 - 09:25 AM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#9 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,357 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

Shadow people are interesting for the variety of types and possible explanations. From my own experience, I have encountered quite a few over many years.

In our last house, we brought one home unwittingly with an antique chair. For several nights, I could hear the chair bang against the wall. I blamed the dog. On the third night it started banging and i yelled at the dog to knock it off, realizing as he woke from the side of the bed that he was not even in the hall with the chair.....

After that, both myself and my partner started to see the shadow go down the hall. It was never direct sight, always as a glimpse of someone walking past a doorway or going through the wall. Just a silhouette in black. 

At first it was just a curiosity, as neither of us is a stranger to presences in homes or places. Then the dogs started getting upset. The oldest male would sit, staring at nothing I could perceive visually, and bark. I could not see anything, but you could feel it. An oppressive kind of uncomfortableness, at times, a rising of the hair on your neck.

We associated it with this chair, and my partner decided to refinish the chair. He took it outside and worked about an hour, stripping off the old finish and came inside for a break. When he went back out, he came right back in a told me "You have to see this.

I went out with him and looked, and the chair finish was back again, and there were totally visible fabric prints on the seat and the back, just like someone sat in the chair with a fresh finish applied...............

We talked to it. We told it you do not belong here anymore. We promise we will love this chair, as you must have at one time, and we are bringing it back to its previous beauty, but you need to move on. You don't need the chair anymore and your ties to it are severed now. He finished the stripping again, and I put a new finish on immediately. It seemed clear, but we did not bring the chair in the house for a week. There was no more barking, noise, or feeling from then on....

My weirdest was multiple encounters in the desert, at a site of ancient native petroglyphs and a few stone cairns. I went many times to this location, and always felt watched. It progressed to where I saw shadow beings every time i went. I had some serious experiences there, with something looking through my eyes, from inside.

I felt there were several distinct beings in that location. I had one follow me out of the canyon once, which is a whole story in itself, before i took steps to protect myself when i went there.

I had to return one more time, because i wanted to repair one of the grave cairns that had been torn up and robbed i assume. I had a bizaar experience when that was done, and experienced a gratitude from the "Shaman?"whos grave that was. I told him as I repaired what i could that i was sorry he had been disturbed, and this was as much as I could do for him as I placed the stones back in position. The shadow beings stayed away that time, but I did see him as I was leaving. watching me from one of the many shaman rings in the area as I left down the canyon. I saw him hold his hand up towads me, and a green light flew from his hand to hit me. It felt like a gift, an thank you. I have not been back since.

I have a lot of these encounters. I have at times felt that presences and shadows are attracted somehow to those who are able to perceive them with some ease.

Some additional reading,

I do not subscribe to everything written by this medium, but there is alot here I instinctively relate to, or think is true. 

http://www.nataliaku...ark-beings.html

#10 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:24 PM

I've actually been finding bunches of her stuff and she seems fairly reliable, but idk much about her other than Google searches...

Pretty swell what you did for the Shaman. Kind and thoughtful. He/she probably offers you some protection knowing that you can sense the presence.

My confusion is that they say shadow can't hurt you but a demon can... How do you know. How do you banish it with out making it angry...
understand I grew up a very short drive to Amityville, so this isn't an unusual thing to experience in my parts... Though they will look at you like You're nuts, talking about shadow people and spirits... Yet they attend church on Sunday.... Whomp Whomp Whomp
  • Skywatcher likes this

#11 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,357 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:39 PM

I am far from an expert on Demonology. I have encountered some malicious entities, but as far as Demons I could not say I know for sure. 

I can only say most of the shadow beings I have seen, made no aggressive action towards me. More like they watch, but there have been a few that emanated extreme negative vibrations, a suffocating kind of heaviness with every fiber of my being reacting in a protective kind of fear response. The usual reaction was get out of wherever I was as quickly as possible.

I am not counting sleep encounters with paralysis and forms of psychic attack.

I feel energies as positive, neutral or negative. Higher vibration is perceived as positive. Really low vibration feels negative, draining. 

I have no experience with banishing anything. I can raise or elevate the vibration in a space, which IME makes a positive environment. Negative entities are repelled in this. Energy cannot be destroyed, but it can be altered to a higher vibration. This is positive for moving some beings to let go of the chords that bind them, and move on. It will also make what is truly negative repelled as I do not believe they can, or wish to be ascended or elevated.

#12 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 736 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:48 PM

Where can I find out how to harness the ability to raise vibration. Me needs some.
I keep saying to burn sage. But there is hesitation due to not knowing what kind of thing this is..but that negativitity sure is on point. The place is a negative pit and sucking her under.
crystals are great, I know.
Is there anyone else I should /could be reading up on. I'm hesitant to read just anything bc I dont want to stumble into some lucifarian shit or something worse
  • Skywatcher likes this

#13 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,357 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:45 PM

Your empathy level MsB, tells me you have some traits of a lightworker. Read up on Spiritual "Lightworking", and "Lightworker". I'm going to guess you will find a lot you relate to and see in yourself. Build and grow this in yourself. It brings those around you up as well. Do not be afraid to shine. 

Be aware there are some fringe extreems with this, as with all paths. If you follow your intuition, you will know what feels right.

The positive comes from Source, is based in love. Source is the divine, white light. Anything you do to elevate the vibration in a space should come from your positive intent, be an expression of love, for yourself and all around you.  You can think of Source as the power pack, and let it shine through you. You will soon shine of your own.

This is a list of all positive things to do, to elevate the vibration of a place. It is not a spiritual site, but the sources of the suggestions mostly are. I do most of these things in my own home. I have a strong working relationship with crystals myself, but even those are tools that simply help to amplify, clear, and manifest my intent. Gridding with them is 99% intuitive.

I keep representations of all 5 elements in all rooms, I love salt, white sage, candles, fresh air and natural sunlight. I'm admitedly not too good about "clutter", but I do keep it cleaned...................

All of these are good, but multiples, meaning do several, seems much more noticeably effective.

https://www.homestra...ome-vibrations/

• MsBehavin420 likes this

#14 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 736 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:38 PM

Thank you so much for the compliment, direction and information.

I've been circling round with Wiccan and similar for well over 25 years. Just never confronted it all, even though lightwokers don't always coincide with wiccan but salt, sage, candels of specific Colors and crystals are staples there.

We can't declutter just yet but are working on it every day
  • Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!