• Deleena24 and PJammer24 like this

#22 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,338 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:56 PM

5l Slow Cooker. (I bought it specifically for pasteurising, it was the cheapest one I could lay my hands on at $20.) Can be put anywhere, even out in a shed (if you have power there). Put on low overnight and then you have 5 litres of pasteurised sub in the morning.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF6633.JPG

• Deleena24, coorsmikey and Cuboid like this

#23 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,338 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:37 PM

Right, I have a 4lb bag of oats, beautifully colonised. I am going to use a sub. of 50% pea straw, 20% mushroom compost, 20% 'normal' compost, 10%moopoo. Well, that's the plan. I'll sprinkle gypsum over it as its pasteurising.

I'll see how that goes...

That sub. ratio seems to be right. I spawned to bulk on 30/11, spawn ratio 1:1.5 (or so) and it's already fully, completely colonised. Now, all i have to do is wait. For a long time, from what I've read.

#24 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 721 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:58 PM

How does one's dog shake a grain jar? I can barely get my dog to wake up from a nap to go to bed. :tongue:

He bumped it off a shelf lol. He tries to kill every single flying insect that comes into his house. Being a AmStaff Rotty cross he's like an oversized bowling ball...

He will be a valuable member of the team when you are attempting to fight off fungal gnats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,338 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:17 PM

How does one's dog shake a grain jar? I can barely get my dog to wake up from a nap to go to bed. :tongue:

He bumped it off a shelf lol. He tries to kill every single flying insect that comes into his house. Being a AmStaff Rotty cross he's like an oversized bowling ball...

He will be a valuable member of the team when you are attempting to fight off fungal gnats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is any fungus left when he finishes. There is hope though, he's now 3 and calming down. Sort of...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!