• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:16 AM

Parasitism is a type of symbiotic relationship, or long-term relationship between two species, where one member, the parasite, gains benefits that come at the expense of the host member. The word parasite comes from the Latin form of the Greek word παράσιτος (parasitos), meaning “one who eats at the table of another”.

Now, What is a Liberal/Democrat/Leftist/Maoist compared to a parasite and parasite mindset?

Lets take a look.

[Direct Link]

These people with this mindset of "benefit me, fuck you" are exiting Cali and moving to other states in mass droves because they've fucked their state into unconsciousness. Now they are coming to a town near you to cause the same economical/political destruction they've caused in Cali.

I see it happening here in AZ now.  6 years ago, as an illegal in AZ you should have been scared of being deported. Now, the sheriff openly says that he doesn't care about illegals and won't be deporting them.....that's just one example.

Or the 15% sales tax that exists in this "liberal" part of AZ.

Or the fact that Flagstaff, AZ is now the most "liberal" city in the country.

Or lets talk about laziness and the MJ industry and "liberals". NorCal, predominately conservative, or at least it was when i was there (they were attempting to secede from "liberal" SoCal).  NorCal produces almost all of Cali's MJ.....Its all shipped and sold to SoCal.  Perhaps a correlation between the right and left mindset.  Producers and consumers.  hard workers and mooches.....

In fact, California/leftist mentality is sooo fucked up, I bet it was the gov't that set blazes to NorCal last year just to #1 kill off a large conservative population, #2 collect that federal disaster fund money.....

[Direct Link]

Edited by illigitimateJester, 22 May 2018 - 09:36 AM.

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,305 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

So, if we envision that some people are our enemies, based on an affiliation with a political party or philosophy, the best direction of approach would be to apply adjectives that suggest they are less than human, or have inhuman traits?   Just wondering.   How long will these threads be able to continue if such becomes the tone of discussion?  

We have a guidelines thread stickied in the spirituality threads; thank you for making it clear we need one in God and Country as well.  The dehumanization tactic will be the first thing to go, if I have a say.

• onediadem, Nsnail, Cuboid and 1 other like this

#3 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

who says what defines "human" traits in the first place?

Last time I checked, humans have several different traits and several different mindsets.  So comparing the acts of a parasitic mindset to human actions that resemble this mindset is dehumanizing?  How very queer....We attach human traits to animals all the time.....is that deanimalizing?(in a liberal world it would be...LMAO)

So a leech attaches to it's host and sucks the life juices out.  One leech, not so much a problem....a thousand leeches on one host, kind of a problem.....How is this any different from what is taking place in Cali and appears to be the liberal/democratic mindset? 

Actions speak louder than words and liberal actions/policies are comparable to a parasitic lifestyle, no?

Hold on, my non-binary gendered, BLM pet rock is hyperventilating and needs a safe space, I'll be back after it redistributes it's wealth amongst it's welfare recipients....Hooray for communism.

Edited by illigitimateJester, 22 May 2018 - 10:38 AM.

#4 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,350 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

Preaching hate, and laying blame offers no path to follow, nor will it solve any problems.

Neither of the two big political parties give a shit about you or me. Being upset at one does not make the other your friend.

[Direct Link]

• onediadem, Myc, coorsmikey and 5 others like this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,305 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

MA-43222---Skinhead-for-Peace_large.png?

Edited by Alder Logs, 22 May 2018 - 02:41 PM.

• onediadem, Skywatcher and whirledpeas like this

#6 whirledpeas

whirledpeas

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:59 PM

i am so tired of politics.. and race and class fighting. But whatever, seems there are cycles of this...

I am not sure about this parasite thing. Everyone at sometime could have been considered a "parasite" by that definition. As at some time in life everyone has needed some help. Unless you were never born, and came fully raised and ready to work.

But anyway :) I wish things could be like the jesus commune we lived on when i was in 2nd grade (1973-4).    Many people lived there.. most of them had traditional "jobs" (nursing, laborer, pet store) But there were a couple who could not work. One guy was kinda old.. but everyone did have a "job" and everyone was seen as important. The two who did not "work" (traditional job) dropped kids off, maintained the property (small maintenance issues, paint,vacuum,  etc) and pet animals, and got the food ready to be cooked at night (largely grew our own).  Everyone cooked together.  It was very scheduled... singing before meals etc.  Was a great life while it lasted.

We lived on another before that... but it was in the city of San Francisco.. not as fun so much as so many of us in a warehouse downtown. Many kids. But everyone was nice.. it was laid back, a lot of music and like a big family. I did not like that it was us kids who had to go out during the day (for a short time), and "pan handle".  My mom said that is because the public was more sympathetic to the kids than adults of course.   But we were there just a few months before we moved on. 

Everything changed abruptly in 1975 or 6.  In a horrible way. As a kid you don't know what the hell  is going on.. but looking back now it wasn't politics, but the influx of cocaine. And it just ruined everything. 

Whatever.. i had to move in with my grandparents for a little while and they had me go work because they were scared to death I'd be like my mom. I was 14   So I been working somewhere, in many jobs ever since (just picked up another as i hated unemployment benefits,I'd personally rather have control over what comes in). But i don't get mad at people who can't work. I don't mind paying taxes at all.  We have a high bottom here in the USA. And after living in a place that does not have that.... i really appreciate it.  It was nice coming home to the US and not seeing 10 year olds out working hard for little pay because their parents became disabled or left them alone caring for younger siblings.

I appreciate the USA because we do have the freedom to reinvent ourselves at any time.. with effort. And i also appreciate that we have this high bottom so we don't have to deal with the desperation in society daily that some others societies have to.  I don't believe those taking advantage of this system are the rule, most people crave to reach their potential and have meaning. Not just existence. 

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 3 others like this

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,305 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:23 PM

Generally, what sits on the conservative side of any isle I have seen in houses of government would be a pot calling a kettle black when calling the other side of the isle parasitic.    While my philosophical bent would be to see us as our brothers' keepers, just for the rightness of it.   I could have gone for a Dennis Kucinich/Ron Paul ticket (except for Paul's insistence that a government belongs policing the activities of any woman's uterus).    So, I often see conservatives and progressives meeting on many issues.   As Juthro said, don't look for political satisfaction in either establishment party, if human values are what drives you.

Those are not your typical liberals stealing $21 trillion via the Pentagon and Security State, and they aren't looking to help any country's poor and dispossessed.   It's clear that the Waltons, or Bezos, alone could solve both US homelessness and world hunger and still have large percentages of their private fortunes left over, still keeping them among the world's richest.  But I don't suppose these types could be compared to parasites, while many of their workers are on some form of tax payer relief.   

I followed the links from the two videos and found these sources:

http://conservativeammo.com/videos/

https://rationalwiki...Hunter_Avallone

• Skywatcher and whirledpeas like this

#8 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,029 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

~Yawn. Be the change you want to see. I am sick of political and social divisions, and anything that lacks compassion. Odd topic, and curious what you thought the outcome would be? What are you doing to make the world a better place?

• Myc, coorsmikey, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#9 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,390 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

:thumbs_down: 

• whirledpeas likes this

#10 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,652 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

I am not too sure of the objective of this topic................?

I'm not finding much positive, or enlightening, or fact based in the opening post.

Perhaps a polite discussion and dialogue was not the intended reason to start this? 

I prefer to spend my time here reading more positive or informative subjects...............................  

• onediadem, Alder Logs and HooKworm like this

#11 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,451 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:59 PM

Government grew under Reagan more than any administration before. Same with Bush. Then Bush again. The same will be the case when Trump leaves. There are your "conservative" standard-bearers.

Tying productivity or parasitism to politics is a fools errand. But it's not my place to disrupt anyone's false dichotomy.

And,

Liberal/Democrat/Leftist/Maoist...communism.

Are these terms synonymous for you?

Edited by August West, 22 May 2018 - 08:52 PM.

• Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#12 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,029 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:32 PM

The irony in a system with no compassion is lost on a lot of people until they themselves find the need for it. Funny how viewpoints change then.

• Skywatcher and whirledpeas like this

#13 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,120 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:01 PM

It seems to me that the topic is fueled by hatred. I don’t see anything positive coming from this. I also dont see how the name Mycotopia or anything we cultivate here as a community would inspire one to post hateful topics. I can only imagine that it is a hateful topic carefully worded to appear as if its not obvious disrespect. Someone please explain to me the benefit of posting this type of content here vs let’s say Facebook? If the OP desires to stir up arguments, then wouldn’t Facebook be a more appropriate setting? Really I don’t appreciate Mycotopia being used for anything hateful or disruptive. I can understand maybe a single post venting ones frustrations, but c’mon a dedicated thread for a hate message? Or maybe it a deliberate troll play directed at at people with different views.

What ever it is I am shutting down until someone can enlighten me to how anything good can come from such a topic. Hell i would like to hear a good reason why Mycotopia is a fit for such content? How does this help anyone “Grow”? Anyone that wants to discuss my actions here, please PM me. But this thread is no longer open for comment.

Edited by coorsmikey, 24 May 2018 - 03:11 PM.

• onediadem, Sidestreet, PsyBearknot and 3 others like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!