5 replies to this topic

#1 whirledpeas

whirledpeas

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:33 PM

It is so hot and humid here... It's just not my thing. Some days i think leaving is some pipe dream that i am just telling myself.

But we been places before and felt stuck... but once things started moving, they moved very fast.

I am grateful for my job, i am grateful i am employable in an area that gives a decent life... but i am sick of traditional healthcare. I am just burned out on complaints of illness and just throwing medicine at it then moving on fast and always being behind because the complaints are endless and chronically understaffed.

Feel like i am stepping way too far out on a limb in the training i am doing. Stepping off a cliff, into an unknown and wondering if i am just too old for that now. Going to keep going on with it cause i really just want to see it through because I believe in it.   All i am risking is falling flat on my face and not able to pick myself up one more time.

I don't mind small towns but this is flat and no water around here..just wet heat.   And the house is one thing gets fixed and two things break and i may end up selling it as is just to get away from it before it sucks the life out of our dreams. 

Thank you for reading if you got this far as i said its just a vent..... probably due to having to make a very long and unexpected drive to south to Omaha today with the sun just swamping in everywhere non stop. 

Edited by whirledpeas, 25 May 2018 - 07:36 PM.

• onediadem, Juthro and av8or like this

#2 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,286 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:56 PM

Some days just suck, and then something beautiful happens.

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher and whirledpeas like this

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,413 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:03 PM

Yeah I’ve been in a rut Myself. I do see things turning around though. Life seems to dish out peaks and valleys, good time and rough times. I am betting your are just going through this as something more satisfying is coming your way soon!
  • onediadem, MsBehavin420 and whirledpeas like this

#4 whirledpeas

whirledpeas

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

Some days just suck, and then something beautiful happens.

Thank you and i do hope 

Yeah I’ve been in a rut Myself. I do see things turning around though. Life seems to dish out peaks and valleys, good time and rough times. I am betting your are just going through this as something more satisfying is coming your way soon!

Sorry you're in a rut too but also glad to remember this happens in life.  And i hope so too. Just some days... things get to me.

And i can't let others around me know when i doubt myself, or how are they suppose to not doubt I am off my rocker too? So always having to be confident in my day to day life and sometimes i just get tired. So the vent.

• onediadem, coorsmikey and MsBehavin420 like this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,593 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

Wherever we try to plant a foot in identity, seeing ourselves as our circumstance, is it possible then to see ourselves seeing ourselves this way?   Isn't it an 'I,' watching a 'me?'   Which has the greater actuality, the more truth?  And if we can see in such a way, what would this greater seeing be?   What is its claim to 'what is?'  Does it have an identity?   Did it come into being, or is it just being itself, before identity?    Again, which is the more true, our current experiential knowing of what is, or our stories of it, seen to be at an actual remove? 

We invest in identity, as our personal stories of doing and attainment, as we have been conditioned to do.   But these are seen, from identity's perspective, in a dualistic framework of idea requiring they stand separate from non-attainment and failure.   What is seen can be our identities in their struggles to be their ideas of what to be, or as a something to be seen as.   From the standpoint of the ever present impersonal seeing in which the personal identity has arisen, all is seen as happening.  

The question can be put, are we what is seen, or what is seeing?   This is a great inquiry, for it can reveal what truth and power really is, and our natural part in it.

• whirledpeas and av8or like this

#6 av8or

av8or

Bump Master

• Free Member
  • 77 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:51 PM

I understand the distain for traditional medicine. I have been dealing with them unsuccessfully for over 20 years now. That is how I have ended up here. Trying to find a better way....one that works.

• Cuboid and whirledpeas like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!