10 replies to this topic

#1 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

Greetings Myco Family,  

Having so many benefits from micro-dosing mushrooms (primarily through concentrated tinctures of either cubes or mexicanae) ... and after hearing of Ska Pastora ... I'd like to experiment with micro-dosing Salvia.

I've read it best to start with smoking plain leaf.

Had a couple questions:

- Has anyone smoked plain leaf as a mental/emotional/spiritual tonic?   (not interested in break through, only sub)

- Is the effect of smoke plain leaf energetic and mental clarity inducing like mushrooms?  (not really looking for sleepy or foggy)

• coorsmikey likes this

#2 JanSteen

JanSteen

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

I have microdosed salvia divonorum for quite some time; two leafs per day for about a year. One in the morning, one in the afternoon. Smoking dried leafs had no effect to me, not even two bowls from a bong, not even in a joint made purely from salvia. From the people that did mention effect, I keep hearing it's heavy and short lived. Not really something micro-dosable. Chewing leafs did cause me to have some more energy, and I noticed a light antidepressant activity (not being angry as much in public transport as I usually am). Though the effects were very light.
  • explorer7 likes this

#3 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:55 PM

No more salvia smokers?

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,867 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

Apparently not.

Back in the day it was considered common knowledge that the way to do Salvia without going temporarily insane was to roll up a leaf and sticking it between cheek and gum and chewing very slowly and swallowing as you go.

That was said to be energetic and uplifting

That's all I got

#5 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 811 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

I’ve no experience microdosing but my gut tells me that chewing a quid like pharmer suggested would be the way to go for such a thing. I wish I’d given it a try back when I had some plants going but I was still a little weirded out from my smoking experiences at the time.
If you don’t have access to fresh leaves a sublingual tincture is said to be the next best thing.
For all things salvia here’s the guy to look into:
http://www.sagewisdo...ielsiebert.html
Hope that helps. Let us know how it goes.

#6 outoforder

outoforder

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

I have induced salvia in some ways... joints are not effective... the most effective way is by bong.
However i think microdosing salvia is not effective.
It is one of the hardest drugs I ever used... well salvinorin A is the strongest known natural hallucinogen.
It virtually kicks to somewhere else... not really in a pleasent way.
The only drug I would compare in intesitivity is dmt but dmt is much much smoother.
Salvia divinorum is I would say like cutting itself inside of you and then is making a completely different thing out of you. One time it made a orange wall out of me! really cazy!
And there are always growing cristals on you you and they are going teeth to theeth with your souroundings-quite a lot people I talked to felt similar.
If you are using it- get a sitter... one time my neighbour went over to me and got some salvia with him... As I am- I smoked two big bowls out of a bong... As fast as possible...
I took the first bowl in one hit, breathed out, took the second bowl instantly without breathing between(this is the way I would recommend consuming)... Then they told me I stood up asked inthe round "who I am, where I am" and then I fell.... an amazig trip... quite hard. Later he told me that this was an 30xextract... I thought it was straight leaves... well then something was clear to me. Extracts are really potent! Salvia is really nothing to play with! But if you are ready and not afraid of loosing yourself you could try it. For many people its a one time try. Anyway its quite some experience. If you are not familiar with other hallucinogenic or dissociative drugs like lsd, 2cb, ketamin, mushrooms, mescalin, then I guess salvia divinorum is a hard way to get into it... hope I could pass some information- best greetings outoforder
  • explorer7 likes this

#7 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 303 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:17 AM

I have induced salvia in some ways... joints are not effective... the most effective way is by bong.
It is one of the hardest drugs I ever used... well salvinorin A is the strongest known natural hallucinogen.
The only drug I would compare in intesitivity is dmt but dmt is much much smoother.
Salvia divinorum is I would say like cutting itself inside of you and then is making a completely different thing out of you. One time it made a orange wall out of me! really cazy!
And there are always growing cristals on you you and they are going teeth to theeth with your souroundings-quite a lot people I talked to felt similar.
If you are using it- get a sitter... one time my neighbour went over to me and got some salvia with him... As I am- I smoked two big bowls out of a bong... As fast as possible...
I took the first bowl in one hit, breathed out, took the second bowl instantly without breathing between(this is the way I would recommend consuming)... Then they told me I stood up asked inthe round "who I am, where I am" and then I fell.... an amazig trip... quite hard. Later he told me that this was an 30xextract... I thought it was straight leaves... well then something was clear to me. Extracts are really potent! Salvia is really nothing to play with! But if you are ready and not afraid of loosing yourself you could try it. For many people its a one time try. Anyway its quite some experience. If you are not familiar with other hallucinogenic or dissociative drugs like lsd, 2cb, ketamin, mushrooms, mescalin, then I guess salvia divinorum is a hard way to get into it... hope I could pass some information- best greetings outoforder

OOO, brother thanks for this most comprehensive advice.

I have purchased plain leaf, also a water bong, and really want to try .25g of plain leaf at the beginning.  

Frankly not interested in KABOOM experiences ... smoking dmt felt scary as shit, the come up is so intense, and the fast come down.  I didn't get anything from that experience except a high, no real transformation or revelation.  On the other hand,  mushroom ... sacred transformation, deep revelation.  I make tinctures and can micro dose fairly well with mushrooms however I must say there is a little of a biological tax to be paid.  

LSD, i micro dose, find it very energizing, but not heartful or revelatory as mushrooms.

BTW, the combo in microdose is amazing, ecstatic.  

Something calls me to Salvia, but only in the micro version.

Wondering if you have felt that "factory reset" from Salvia (in low dose PLAIN LEAF) that other psychedelic medicines offer?  

Any feeling of well being from smoking low dose PLAIN LEAF?

We are taking in so many impressions, visually, auditory, mental ... our system gets easily congested, twisted.

I find micro dosing to be a perfect anti-dote to a culture out of wack, and all the impressions of living in a big city.

Thoughts

#8 JanSteen

JanSteen

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 204 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:06 PM

Man, I wish I could talk about experiences with salvia, but that stuff just never did to me what is described above. Every brain is different so it seems..

#9 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,225 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:27 AM

I tried Salvia once when it first hit the scene. 

I don't remember if I made this up or someone else, but here's my take on smoking Salvia:

If watching paint dry is boring, smoking Salvia is like being the paint.

I'd take a bong toke, then sorta mentally fish out - it made me flush and sweat profusely, made me feel ... I don't know how ... but there's a reason it's still legal.

If you have any success with small doses share ... using a sublingual extraction may be good for small doses?  Shit is weird.

:)

soliver

#10 Somniferos

Somniferos

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:27 AM

My dudes.. You should know Salvinorin (with potent affinity) affects the kappa opioid receptors, Its a dynorphin so to speak it kind of does the opposite from endorphins like morphine. Its supposed to help with physical addiction and depression. Something to do with anxiety and sensory stimuli buffers, the receptors are dense in the ventral striatum (supposedly like the director rod of consciousness) among Dopamine receptors.

You can read scientific articles about it. Salvinorin has also been found to be anti-inflammatory. I find the experience to be extremely unpleasant, honestly extracts with the right dose will rip your ego out of your skull and show it to your face before you can begin to count but i think small doses have practical application, its about letting go. Whatever the case i believe dynorphin/endorphin seems to regulate each other, they are in fact involved with the brain reward system.

Menthol from peppermint also has (weak) affinity for the kappa opioid receptors.

Salvinorin is not active and becomes broken down in the gut! It has to be absorbed orally.

I find chewing fresh leaves or brewing a tea works well, your put into a meditative state where reality flows freely. Alcohol tinctures don't work so well because they both have depressant activity through mutually exclusive mechanisms, dried leaves taste nasty. I want to try it sometime with miracle fruit, its supposed to make bitter flavors palatable.

A family member of mine was using.. and he found mint to be a stimulant, Salvia is a part of the mint family.

Edited by Somniferos, 20 June 2018 - 01:10 AM.

• explorer7 likes this

#11 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:43 AM

My dudes.. You should know Salvinorin (with potent affinity) affects the kappa opioid receptors, Its a dynorphin so to speak it kind of does the opposite from endorphins like morphine. Its supposed to help with physical addiction and depression. Something to do with anxiety and sensory stimuli buffers, the receptors are dense in the ventral striatum (supposedly like the director rod of consciousness) among Dopamine receptors.

You can read scientific articles about it. Salvinorin has also been found to be anti-inflammatory. I find the experience to be extremely unpleasant, honestly extracts with the right dose will rip your ego out of your skull and show it to your face before you can begin to count but i think small doses have practical application, its about letting go. Whatever the case i believe dynorphin/endorphin seems to regulate each other, they are in fact involved with the brain reward system.

Menthol from peppermint also has (weak) affinity for the kappa opioid receptors.

Salvinorin is not active and becomes broken down in the gut! It has to be absorbed orally.

I find chewing fresh leaves or brewing a tea works well, your put into a meditative state where reality flows freely. Alcohol tinctures don't work so well because they both have depressant activity through mutually exclusive mechanisms, dried leaves taste nasty. I want to try it sometime with miracle fruit, its supposed to make bitter flavors palatable.

A family member of mine was using.. and he found mint to be a stimulant, Salvia is a part of the mint family.

Thanks for the response!

Have you tried smoking small amounts of dried leaf?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!