Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,082 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

Yin is feminine. Yang is masculine.

Everyone has both Yin and Yang.

Males tend to express their Yang side predominantly. Females their Yin.

Did you know that the Japanese Samurai practices flower arrangement among other things in order to balance these internal parts of the self? Its true.
Myself. I see in modern society or at least what is pushed as the status quo, that men should be all Yang and women should behave all Yin.
Funnily enough. I see women doing the hardest jobs. Emotional toughness is often overlooked. Whereas men strong because can lift heavy stuff. Okay so how far can you carry it big fella? Hehe don't mind me, I am a bit of a scallywag.
But seriously. Simple question.

Here is my answer to it. Hope its not too vague.

Being a male I am indeed more Yang than Yin. (not to say a male can't be more Yin than Yang).
So personally I express my Yin in my love of certain music that touches me emotionally. In those songs I find solace. Songs that speak of the human condition honestly and without pretense. Music like Cat Stevens, The Moody Blues, Van Morrison, Kate Bush.

I love romantic poetry. Watching the star filled night, waiting to see a meteorite streak across the sky.

Noticing the wind playing in the long grass. Rescuing tired bees from the ground. Appreciating the beauty. The stillness of the forest path covered in new rain. Sensing the Goddess around me as I walk in silence. And also important. Sensing her within.

And so when I feel the need I will go "There" to that inner maternal place where I might connect and I'll use those tools to "get there" if you catch my drift.

Love to read what you might have to share..

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,356 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:26 PM

I seem to usually fall somewhere in between as my norm. This being a kind of averaging from swinging from one extreme to the opposite throughout the day.

I am a caregiver, and a nurturer, by choice, both very Yin, and this at times becomes quite draining. To balance I need to feel cared for myself.

Because I cannot always count on getting that from people, I rely on nature. Some time spent outside, soaking in some sun and air restores some energy. Playing with my plants, talking to the trees, and enjoying the birds that come to the feeder gives me a reward.  I will feel cared for and fed. Occasionally I need a stronger dose, and will head out to take a long walk in the hills.

I also routinely sit by the falling water by the pond every morning, and bathe in its musical sound, which to me is very restorative. This is where I do my Chakra alignment, meditation, and follow this with a period of Augury, my quiet time to listen to the day and any visitors or messengers that come in a different state of awareness.

To me balance is in all ways, a walk of perpetual adjustment. I swing all day off the line, catch, and compensate. Color therapy also benefits me, and I find myself drawn to color I need with a stone carried in the pocket, or by seeking an area where I am more likely to be appreciating and bathing in the spectrum I crave.

My animal friends and companions also sense my state, and instinctively give what is balancing, or at least a lick on the hand and unconditional love................................

• Justintime likes this

#3 whirledpeas

whirledpeas

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:19 AM

what a great topic <3

• Skywatcher and Justintime like this

#4 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,082 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:10 AM

That was such a good read.

I'm going to go and sit by the running water tommorow.

I once acquired a state of being called Samadhi. A long time ago. I found recently that if I remember the feeling of that time. I can call the feeling back into myself. It's very etherial. So peaceful. Warm.

Perhaps it is the Tao. Oneness with all things. Nature must exist in this state perpetually. Empty mind.
I read about how the deer can lay down to sleep in a glen without a care even though it knows there are things hunting it. Maybe the deer isn't afraid because it "is" the forest.
  • whirledpeas likes this

#5 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,082 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

I am learning from this set of articles written by the late Mystic Stuart Wilde. I should say. He has had a lot to do with my interest in spiritual learning. The rest of his Redeemers Club articles can be found at Quiet Earth.org if you have a little dig. Essential reading. Many of the things spoken of shown to be real at least in my reality. The writings are free to download. Very important tools if your one of those " I want to find the door which leads beyond this matrix of control" Type persons. I thought it would be fitting to post one of the articles here.

REDEEMER’S CLUB by Stuart Wilde © 2009  Lesson 7: Om and Ka  In the last lesson I was talking about how you stand inside Gaia and a vast complex with artifacts  of the celestial at every angle around you. Now here is another idea of a vastness you might wish  to consider . . . .but first let me remind you of the legend of Om and Ka.  The Story of Om and Ka  In the beginning there was a vast space. It was very beautiful but it was very dark and cold and  wide. It was feminine and the Higher Gods called her Om. There was also light, and it was  blisteringly hot because it was held in a very confined space. The light was masculine and his  name was given as Ka. Om thought she would die because she was so cold and lonely, and Ka  also thought he was dying because he was so restricted and hot.  He said to Om, "Why don't you let me fly around your vast space? I can warm you up and give  you light and in doing so I can cool myself down because you are so beautiful and wide and  vast." She agreed. So Ka flew around the vast emptiness of Om. She saved him from the heat,  and he in turn saved her from the cold.  Both had a great love for each other and they were both very grateful. From the union of Om and  Ka came their children, which we know as the stars and galaxies high in the firmament above us.  And from the dust of those stars came the grandchildren of Om and Ka, and they came to be  known as humans.  After very many eons had passed Om and Ka were both very, very old. Ka went to Om and said,  "We have trillions of beautiful children but I am old and I have no heat left," and although Om  loved all the children, she also knew she was very tired and could expand no further. So the two  of them went hand-in-hand back to the source whence they came, taking all their children with  them. They knew exactly and precisely where they all were and so not even one was left behind.  Male and female, birth and rebirth, are the teachings of Om and Ka, and that is the message of  the void. We are a microcosm of our celestial parents. Sperm is solidified Ka and a woman’s  womb is the human version of Om, the void.  We are all brothers and sisters here, and we come from the same place. And our celestial parents  are Om and Ka. There is only one woman and one man in the entire universe. Our separation is  an illusion. We are not billions of different men or different women; we are all parts of the same  man and the same woman. We are each inside an epic evolution, a digital–fractal formula that  describes the vastness of the Celestial Man and the Celestial Woman.  We belong as an integer inside a complex blueprint, which is either male or female. Imagine the  entire universe as one person (Om), and that person has one more person inside her, which is  light (Ka). These are evolving spirits like you and me. 
The earth is a spirit (Gaia) which is one cell rotating inside that female body. And you also are a  spirit operating as one cell on the surface of that earth. It is just the same as a cell in your  kneecap that is not really a separate entity, in that it is a part of a larger being, namely you. To  that cell you are the universe, and one day you will evolve and become a universe yourself, or  the light of a universe.  But through egocentricity you come to believe you are the only man, or the only woman, and  that cuts you off from the greater whole. It cuts you from the light and it strips you of your  powerbase, disallowing your entry (access denied) into the greater mathematics of belonging to  the immeasurable celestial formula that describes the soul of the one man and the one woman. So  it cuts you off from vitality and information.  Try this: as you walk down the street, breathe love into the hearts of your brothers and sisters. Do  six people, then rest and do six more. Make it a daily discipline, forever breathing love to people  you don’t know. At the same time, say to yourself several times a day,  "Life is beautiful. People are beautiful." Sometimes you can mentally place flowers in people's  hearts as you pass them. Doing these things, your resonance changes, for now you are a  powerhouse of light and beauty rather than the other alternatives. And now you are thinking  about others rather than only about yourself. It's your offer of a celestial communion, one that  also carries you from the tragedy of life as a single unit to your rightful place inside the vastness  of everything.  As a part of delivering your soul to a spiritual redemption, you will also deliver others, and they  will become your passport to the hidden doorway I've spoken of. You become the gatekeeper for  them like Merlin's friend Nimue who crossed back and forth for him. They become your karmic  passport through the portal by the very fact that you have rescued them. It's all in the feelings of  your humanity, and in the expression of it—how large and wide your heart can become—that  you will come to see the transdimensional threshold that lies within.  To get to this fantastic world I speak of, you have to travel across a dark and demonic world of  discarnate entities and ghouls, and remnants of the human shadow, while all manner of  deviousness will try to stop you. Having a good resonance and a perception of beauty helps you  enormously as it cloaks you in a protection.  And being inside a greater whole doesn't diminish you in any way. In fact it grants you a  wideness you may not previously have been aware of. There is information in that celestial entity  that can help you along. It accesses you to a vastness that will teach you how to stand straddled  across the universe rather than being just a little human on earth.  Knowing It  Just as I said last time, Gaia is more than a local intelligence—the spirit of the earth, say. It is a  multidimensional awareness, and so are you. The first act of comprehending the vastness of Om 
and Ka is knowing about it. The second act is to drop your involvement and possible obsession  in petty things. And the third act is one of bravery—will you step to the unknown or not? The  Stuie Wilde Department of Unusual Experiences takes a bit of courage, but all it involves is trust.  Once you can let go and step forward, you are free. To stay where you are is a bit deadly boring .  . . yawnsome.  The next understanding is that if you are inside Om and Ka, then what it potentially says is: (1)  that you are Om or Ka and you can act as Om or Ka in another universe, just as those who started  this one acted for us, and (2) that you must have, in essence, a spiritual mathematics that  pre-existed this universe. Humans are very old.  The universe is thought to be a hologram and so every part of the universe is inside you and you  are inside all of it—every cell, every cloud, every quasar, every black hole, every helix, every  vortex. The Milky Way is in your hand.  Do this: think of a tall building you know and see yourself standing next to it as a very tall being,  with your hand on its roof, looking down at it. Try to feel the presence of the concrete or asphalt  of the roof on the skin of your fingers or the palm of your hand. If you can feel the roof, then you  are actually there in the Morph, above the building—taller.  Pick a tree, and slide inside it with your mind/energy and move up the trunk. See if you can feel  the moisture of capillary uplift coming with you up the trunk of the tree. Go out on a limb and  stop on a small branch. Look down and see how far the ground is below. If a little bird sits on the  same branch, see if you can feel its arrival and departure.  Then see yourself very tall, so that you are tall enough to lean over a wide ocean, like, say,  leaning from New York to Grasse (the city of flowers) in southern France. And see yourself  looking down at the flowers and watch and see if your legs, that are back in New York, scrunch  up towards your head like a concertina closes, or the way a child's wire Slinky toy might  proceed.  If you can do that, you can fly in the Morph by leaning towards where you want to go, and then  closing up your legs/body behind you. Once you can fly a bit, you can on certain occasions, go  look at people and things and situations that you would not normally be able to see.  So Om and Ka is a sweet story, but like all these things, there is more to the Om and Ka principle  than initially meets the eye.  Bye for now . . . Stuart Wild
  • whirledpeas likes this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,773 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:40 AM

Not wanting to attempt reading that with no paragraph breaks, I went to the dot org and found nothing but products for sale.   For a dot org., that site couldn't be much more commercial looking.  I found no articles, and I did "have a little dig."   I am not much of a reader to start with, as in this form, I am lysdexic, so I was happy to see a link for MP3s.   All products for sale.   Looking around the site, it's all about "Brands."   I could find no free content at all.  

Nope, here it is; a zip file.   I decided not to download it and came back to try to read that block of text here first.  

==============================================

My path and tendency is one of simplicity.   I don't feel that here.  I feel unneeded complexity, and a calling to be that.   I don't need that at all.  

==============================================

How do I balance "my" yin and yang?   Who would I be to do this?   Is such a balance in time?  Yin now, and yang at some other time?   In timelessness, are not all things in the natural balance of Tao?   Do we find the simplicity of all that is by way of a study of the complexity of the imagined parts?   Is there any contentedness to be known in a struggle for a balance, a balance that is ultimately all that can be, only held as a belief that it isn't, that what is lacks balance?  

I spent 67 years swimming in a belief of imbalance.   My body might be too yin, as my Chinese medicine practitioner tells me, but I am not this body.   My mental habits might be too yang, but I am not what I think, either.   I am not form, expressing as all form.   Do I need know all form to know myself as the formless?   If I were this limited expression of a body/mind, sitting at a computer, logged in as Alder Logs, then would not my only quest be to see those limitations as illusory and know myself as the What Is?  My seeing of this expression from beyond body/mind limitation will not stop expressions of What Is that come from such limitation seeing me in their temporary way, and believing what they so see.  

Fathoming all complexity may well be a path to simplicity, ultimately, but it could be one long swim through time.   Since we are all the What Is, and can be nothing other, we must/will decide when to give up our notions of some sea of complexity and abandon identity as a drop of its water, to be the sea itself.   To be lost to the whole of life is a great fear for the imagined parts.   All is balance.  It can be not else.

• Justintime, whirledpeas and av8or like this

#7 whirledpeas

whirledpeas

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:32 PM

I like to read and all.. i just have to change it up and then go back to it. I get bored easy :/ 

• Spooner and Justintime like this

#8 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,082 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

I like to read and all.. i just have to change it up and then go back to it. I get bored easy :/

I learned a lot from this. You'll get it promise ;)

[Direct Link]

• whirledpeas likes this

#9 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,082 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:35 PM

[Direct Link]

Edited by Justintime, 11 June 2018 - 08:37 PM.

• whirledpeas likes this

#10 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,773 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:30 PM

Way too yin.

• whirledpeas likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!