• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 804 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:50 PM

Cleaning out a closet, I came across an abandoned and forgotten morning glory extraction.
100g heavenly blues were ground, washed with naphtha, dried, and soaked twice in 250ml ethanol.
I refiltered the first soak and pulled the second from the seed mash, filtered it, and added it to the first. I figure on drying the lot down and seeing what remains.
I suppose I could just cap the residue and eat it, but was thinking of messing around with further purification. Maybe an A/B or a precipitation?
Welcoming any ideas or suggestions.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:13 PM

Good to see you Norman !

Would love to see what comes of this thread. Have always been interested in morning glory’s but never had any success with them.

I’d vote in seeing the cleanup or a/b

#3 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

Hi Norman.  I recently obtained some HBW seeds and plan to do the extraction using one of the teks on DMT Nexus.  They have detailed instructions there.

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:01 PM

I did this a couple times back in the day and learned that a super fine grind of the seeds and multiple naptha washes made for a less body loaded adventure.

LSA without the body load is a pleasant experiment.

• Sidestreet, coorsmikey, CatsAndBats and 1 other like this

#5 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 631 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:49 AM

Back in 70's  i took  a bunch of heavenly blue 2 to 4 oz ? ? i ground them fine soaked in ever clear . filtered that then soaked again in ever clear ,filtered.

i took these two pulls and  evaporated on a cookie sheet

i rolled up the residue and stuffed it in about a dozen capsules

then i took all of them OMG ! no no  never again ha

i mean oh ya did i trip !

lots of like walls breathing wood grain wiggling as i simultaneously had projectile diarrhea and projectile vomiting AWESOME ! NOT !

then i lay miserable the dark for hours of crazy geometric patterns    

crazy  experiments of youth .

#6 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 804 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:54 PM

That’s why you wash them with NP solvent first. That sounds like a huge dose too, since Erowids dosing guidelines consider a heavy dose to begin at ten grams.

An evaporation followed by an A/B is sounding pretty good. I could wash the polar solution with NP for good measure since I’m not altogether sure how thoroughly the seed powder was washed initially and I hate to deal with the MG body load. Then I guess salt it back out of the NP with tartaric acid and dry it down.
I’d like to figure out a way to precipitate the alks as well. Maybe try something side by side with the A/B.

#7 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

seeds can be had fairly cheap by the pound from seed supply houses. might be a good investment if doing multiple runs

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!