#1 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:09 PM

Some of you may have noticed the outage we had the other day? Problem temporarily solved, we shut down for about an hour for nonpayment. I was able to take what contributions we have gotten in the last months along with a lil help from one of our Founders. We put together the payment for May and got us back online. Now we are faced with June’s payment, normally not so bad but every six months we have additional fees to pay so that makes it a lil more than the usual monthly payment.
Now I bring this now because normally I am a lot more active in driving funds and traffic to our community. Lately things in my own life have me distracted and occupy most of my time. Normally we have a surplus of funds to cover the slow months or times like this. Plenty of times where the amazing staff here as chipped in to to cover us during these slow times and we have made it for so long. Unfortunately this month I cannot help much financially.
It hurts to even post such a thread and I feel pretty bad to be in this situation. Honestly though I think we are a better than a place that just disappears and we have to much to lose as far as information, community and vibe. I think you all deserve to know what’s going on or at least a warning that we could go offline for lil while. It’s been many many years since we have had to reach out to you all like this for help. When we have asked, the community came together and we made it this far.
Today we have different challenges than we did many years ago. Today we don’t make it easy for you all to just one click and contribute. Well it’s not us actually, most of the card processors that we have available will not work with us because apparently we are not such good people or don’t like what we talk about. Today you all have to get in contact with an Member of staff and ask “ How the heck can I help? It is not as simple as hitting that one button and we totally understand what a PITA that can be.
We have a few people that have been carrying us for the last few months and really don’t want this thread to be directed at those few. If you all are liking what you see and have ever considered helping to support the community. Please think about it now or in the next week or so. $5, $10 every little bit helps. Please contact one of us for details how to help. I am also gonna risk one of our accounts by posting it here temporarily. I do believe this to be a short term rut that we are going through, but if any of you have any long term questions or concerns please Message me.

Edited by coorsmikey, 16 June 2018 - 06:17 PM.

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:24 PM

good time for another auction also./. I will get one started

• coorsmikey, TheObserver and Skywatcher like this

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:27 AM

I will be donating a bunch of stuff to topia in the next few days also. However the staff want to deal with that, I am sure they will let you know in a thread. So, dont buy any hard supplies like glassware, petri's ect. until you see what is available.

Now would be a good time to get those VIP's also.

LONG LIVE TOPIA!

• coorsmikey, PsyBearknot, Skywatcher and 4 others like this

#4 av8or

av8or

Bump Master

• Free Member
  • 78 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:46 AM

:deadhorse:Been waiting for the app to download...………...

#5 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,725 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:17 PM

Tried to donate to the link, no code showed in my email, even the spam folder. No code no pay... :(

EDIT: Got it and done... Not rich this month but hope that helps brother

Edited by Coopdog, 15 June 2018 - 10:23 PM.

• coorsmikey, TheObserver, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#6 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,796 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:30 PM

Maybe we should start printing money.

• roc, Spooner, sparrow95 and 1 other like this

#7 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,949 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:49 PM

Help me Mikey.......................

I can't use apps, PM sent.

:biggrin:

• coorsmikey and whirledpeas like this

#8 whirledpeas

whirledpeas

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

yes, can it be posted how to donate? or is there some rule that prevents it? I am sure it has been explained here around the site but having it here may be exponential :)
  • Skywatcher and av8or like this

#9 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

I was thinking wow this must be a long post. JK but I haven’t gotten a PM from ya Skye, but will send you one with the information I anticipate you were going to ask. It will come in handy when others ask you too.
See how much a PITA this can be with corporations against groups of free thinkers! If my peers have troubles I can only imagine how difficult it is for everyone.
  • Skywatcher likes this

#10 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,949 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

"They" know I am trying to help out, and blocking my PM's and freezing my posts.................

Yeah, that must be it.....

:tinfoil:

• coorsmikey and Furthur1 like this

#11 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

Help me Mikey.......................I can't use apps, PM sent. :biggrin:

yes, can it be posted how to donate? or is there some rule that prevents it? I am sure it has been explained here around the site but having it here may be exponential :)
No rules against posting how. It’s all done privately now as we have many accounts shut down and sometimes they even have seized the money for 6 months. In a nutshell we cannot have a “Pay Now” button or feature because they believe what we talk about is considered “paraphernalia” and against the credit card processors policies. But really it’s just another tactic by somebody higher putting pressure on them. Currently it is the same process as when you went VIP except putting in the order.

Edited by coorsmikey, 16 June 2018 - 08:04 PM.

• Skywatcher and whirledpeas like this

#12 datsun

datsun

Vroom

• OG VIP
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:28 AM

Sounds like we all need to give a bit if we can, this place is such a good resource... I would hate to see it go away. I have donated what I can. And I would implore the rest of you to please give what you can as well. I am not on here as much as I was, but it still feels like home to me. 

Hugs.

-Dats

• onediadem, coorsmikey, Coopdog and 1 other like this

#13 cosmicsistar

cosmicsistar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:15 AM

Done. Happy Father's Day, you guys have helped me birth soooo many babies! xoxxo

• coorsmikey and Skywatcher like this

#14 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

you guys have helped me birth soooo many babies! xoxxo

Its been my pleasure!!! Thank You!

#15 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 752 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

PM Sent

• Skywatcher likes this

#16 Bajurf

Bajurf

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:00 PM

I've no doubt gotten a lot of valuable information from mycotopia. When my paychecks start coming in for my summer job I'll see what I can spare.

• Zen_ likes this

#17 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:56 AM

I want to thank everyone that has helped us maintain through our toughest of times. The golden era of Mycotopia may have passed, but as with all things great and small we are subject to the same wheel of time. Our continued survival is due in no small part to everyone here that believes in the community and the love and knowledge that we spread throughout the world. 

Thank you all again for everything; I know deep down that Hippie3 would be proud of each and every member here for making this community great and helping us to continue to push our chaotic world into a better place.

Our work here is not done, and your faith in us will be rewarded as we continue to grow, continue to evolve, and return once again to a new golden age of love and knowledge. 

post-62591-0-85839700-1558098270.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• yuga-cycle-consciousness.jpg

• Skywatcher, TheDenze and BallinMYLF like this

#18 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,725 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:29 PM

I just sent another $50 to you all. Much love...and thanks for being here still. 

• Zen_ and coorsmikey like this

#19 Nomad64

Nomad64

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:29 PM

New member, retired military helicopter pilot looking for like minded people in Kentucky to help me. Plus I don’t see where/how to make a donation to keep the knowledge flowing about these lbm’s known as “flesh of the gods” to help with my PTSD.
  • Zen_, coorsmikey, sedaeng and 1 other like this

#20 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:26 PM

Welcome to Mycotopia and thank you for your support! I've sent your info over to Coorsmikey who can help you during this interesting time we find ourselves in. You can also try to make a donation here which is managed by Coorsmikey at this time.

• coorsmikey likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!