28 replies to this topic

#21 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,636 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:12 AM

Hey Alder, while it may look like I lead an entitled youth - what with bb guns, chemistry sets, etc........

I was really just lucky enough to be the youngest in a long line of men who tamed the Great Plains. 

My entire life has been a hand-me-down life. That being said, I was handed down some "toys" that were considered above the "pay grade" of most children. - ( 16 gauge shotgun, .22 rifle, bb guns, ATVs, horses, wide-open spaces alone as a youth with no supervision whatsoever - we were at least 10 miles from the nearest neighbor )  I didn't have a lot of "toys" but the ones I had were freakin' cool. I learned to ride horses and all-terrain-vehicles before I learned to ride a bicycle. 

Truth be told, I was too dumb for the chemistry set. I did the disappearing ink experiment, made steam distillates, and a few other simple experiments but nothing grand. 

• Soliver and Microbe like this

#22 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,313 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:20 PM

I had a bow and arrows.  I grew up in the LA burbs, two blocks from the LA city line, but I always found the wild places and was drawn to be there, even if it was just an empty lot on a busy boulevard.    I once found a switchblade knife in someone's trash.   As I was to learn later in the navy, "nothing is kid-proof or sailor-proof."

• Myc and Microbe like this

#23 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,372 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:55 PM

Hey Alder, while it may look like I lead an entitled youth - what with bb guns, chemistry sets, etc........
I was really just lucky enough to be the youngest in a long line of men who tamed the Great Plains.
My entire life has been a hand-me-down life. That being said, I was handed down some "toys" that were considered above the "pay grade" of most children. - ( 16 gauge shotgun, .22 rifle, bb guns, ATVs, horses, wide-open spaces alone as a youth with no supervision whatsoever - we were at least 10 miles from the nearest neighbor ) I didn't have a lot of "toys" but the ones I had were freakin' cool. I learned to ride horses and all-terrain-vehicles before I learned to ride a bicycle.
Truth be told, I was too dumb for the chemistry set. I did the disappearing ink experiment, made steam distillates, and a few other simple experiments but nothing grand.

I had a bow and arrows. I grew up in the LA burbs, two blocks from the LA city line, but I always found the wild places and was drawn to be there, even if it was just an empty lot on a busy boulevard. I once found a switchblade knife in someone's trash. As I was to learn later in the navy, "nothing is kid-proof or sailor-proof."

I grew as a city boy when i met my biological father when i was about 10 years old things changed quickly. He is a old time hillbilly who truly depended on and lived of the land.

He introduced to me to my first gun which was a .22 ling rifle semi-automatic. I killed many things that i wasnt supposed and it came at a consequence......not only the rage of a old time mountain ass whoopin but was grounded from all firearms which included no hunting for the season which i hated because i was/am good at it and it came naturally to me almost as if I were born wired to be great at it. I also have memories of all the cold blooded killings of all the poor animals.

Anyway what takes the cake, i was 13 years old and had a small crossbow that by no means was a toy and very leathal but it about arrows the length and diameter of a number 2 pencil.

So im shooting from the kitchen into the dining room about 15 yards where my target was. I was shooting it having a good time including my father but i aimed and the arrow hit a blown out part of the very thin target and it went through and hit a vase and the it deflected upwards and hit there pet crow in the neck and killed it dead as [email protected]*# . My stepmother was so upset and needless to say my father and I were no longer able to shoot anything in the house.

Some toys are just to dangerous!

PS: This crow named Jr was bad ass and it actually talked or mimicked laungage. It had its tounge clipped when it was very young .......crazy thing is this bird was smart. It would solve simple puzzles and recognized colors it was taught. Im not certain but I believe crows are one of the smartest birds....even though they are annoying when that suns comes.
  • Myc likes this

#24 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,636 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:26 PM

I can relate to the "killer" you describe.

My grandad shook his head at me one day and said, "I don't know what makes you want to kill things like that."

That was my ass-whoopin'

I was ashamed because I had no explanation. It was the first time my murderous behavior had been invalidated. I had been taught some cruel things by some under-aged men. When they validated what I did while hunting, I just took the rest of it into the real world and tried to apply it everywhere. Misguided lessons. 

I'll bet your dad (or father figure) likely engaged you in ornery, cruel behavior - with you as the victim or recipient of said action. 

Don't be too hard on yourself for acting the sociopath. A bunch of us did it too. 

I was in my late twenties before I lost my taste for killing. Now, I cry at the thought of slaughtering cattle. If I had to live off the land I would probably be vegan - or at least vegetarian. I cannot bring myself to kill another thing. Hell, I even say a prayer before harvesting cannabis. ;)

Some of you folks have got me carrying bugs outside instead of smashing them. 

• Microbe likes this

#25 MeadMaker

MeadMaker

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 142 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:31 AM

Some of you folks have got me carrying bugs outside instead of smashing them.

I get "why???" when I set the spiders free. Except for a few that just look evil and then I apply the TX law "he needed a killin'." The little jumping spiders I just let be. They're too cute and they find their own way out.
  • Myc and Microbe like this

#26 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,313 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:14 PM

I hate it when I accidentally kill a spider.  

• Microbe likes this

#27 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,372 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:05 PM

I hate it when I accidentally kill a spider.

They are devils but I try not to kill them and have the wife catch it in a cup and release it because if it were not for spiders, i would thousands of other bugs to deal with. But sometimes spiders need smashed if they stalk me.....and i have been stalked by one before and i ended its life quickly.

Squashed one in my garage during a flowhood session and I was throwing shit away into a deck box (flower pot) as its a perfect size that slides up under my cabinet when not in use and I seem what looked like 100's or 1000's of ants and thought i dropped a piece of grain or some shit and after.closer inspection, it was baby spiders running everywhere so my firefighting instinct kicked in and i mixed up a gallon of temprid SC and was back on the scene with 3 minutes and naiked 100's of them but im sure the other thousand that escaped are training in my attic to mentally fuck with me at night while i sleep......im like chuck norris though......i sleep with both eyes open lmao

Edited by Microbe, 03 August 2018 - 08:09 PM.

#28 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,372 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:17 PM

It's all Fun and Games tell someone losses an eye and the ATF uses the RICO Act to disappear you for 100 days of interrogation at the Military Prison in Leavenworth Ks.

No phone call to MOM or bail for You ! HA HA

Someone looses an eye......its still fun and games....... especially now that they can grow corneas on plates now. Shit you can loose a year now and grow another one out on a plate......get that bastard stitched on and take a few anti-rejection meds and BAM fucking new ear......i wish they could seriously figure out this penis enlargement science because i have tried everything from 2 lb weights and non-allergenic twine to pills and it simply doesnt work

Edited by Microbe, 03 August 2018 - 10:17 PM.

• bezevo likes this

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,313 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

[Direct Link]

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!