• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Somniferos

Somniferos

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

Excellent, mine did not grow so large vegetatively competitively they're one organism, I did not prune them well, I've sown them dense. its allowed me select strong individuals and they're still flowering.

sml_gallery_154951_2_2131530.jpg

Edited by Somniferos, 05 August 2018 - 12:53 PM.

• Cryptowonder90 likes this

#42 Cryptowonder90

Cryptowonder90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:57 PM

Somniferos, that's awesome man. Indoors I can control the environment a lot more so than outside. However, you cant beat the suns power lol. These would be relatively small in comparison to the ones grown outdoors.

I like I sorta because I can play around with things year round to perfect my outdoor grow. The area I'm growing in is about the same as what you have outdoors. All seems well now. I haven't given them any flowering nutes yet. Do you think I should ? A diluted dose shouldn't hurt I would imagine.

They are growing surprisingly well without any HID lights. I think the pod size will tell that story

Attached Thumbnails

• 08E5F7EC-7A30-4926-8BE8-1674CD0A07C1.jpeg
  • 25748A67-9C98-44C7-AF4A-B676088A26DF.jpeg

#43 Cryptowonder90

Cryptowonder90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:29 PM

So I woke up this morning to this. I'm honestly excited about. It took a while, but they are finally reaching their destination.

I do have a question, what happens to the green flower "shell" that the flower is contained in after opening? Does it fall off? I can't seem to locate it anywhere.

Many more flowers to come. Thanks for all the advice. And zero flowering nutes were used. I didn't fertilize after I flushed. They have a decent amount of budsites per planet tho even without them.

Attached Thumbnails

• 85A0B879-2F5F-4426-813E-DBEA0A116FBE.jpeg
  • 171AAD6F-C536-4176-89D1-BFA5E9A4401F.jpeg
  • 028E63C8-FEBE-45CB-A346-A7343C2531D7.jpeg

• Skywatcher likes this

#44 Cryptowonder90

Cryptowonder90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:56 AM

More pics

Attached Thumbnails

• 3916215F-90AA-4803-81EB-20E3EAF80D5C.jpeg
  • B977FA7D-21E3-4A48-9DFA-A3C6E3430B28.jpeg

• Skywatcher likes this

#45 Cryptowonder90

Cryptowonder90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 09:08 AM

And you can tell the pods will be small. I know they will swell some, but comparative to outside grow they are small. I know with the addition of hid lights they will be bigger. I'm wondering if a extraction on the whole poppy straw would be sufficient. I mainly want seed. For this upcoming outdoor season here in the south east.

#46 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,039 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:58 PM

Very nice Crypto !

I would definitely hit the flowering nutes, just don't overdo. They have just started the bloom, so you will still benefit with bigger flowers/pods, and more seeds per pod by feeding them the fuel they need when all the energy goes to flower production.

The green outer shell just falls off as the petals swell. They are around them somewhere. Once you have dried and shake the seed out, the pods and the upper straw can be used to make tea or an extraction. Watch when the fan at the top starts to flair, as they can start dropping seeds when it opens. This is more an outdoor issue as you have no wind indoors to sway the pods around, but even a good bump can drop quite a bit of seed.

#47 Cryptowonder90

Cryptowonder90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:41 AM

Thanks skywalker.

This is a culmination of a lot of research lol. No matter how much research one does, there simply is no replacement for experience.

I was thinking that they would be ok if I gave them some nutes. How much should I dilute it? Follow the directions or half strength? Really I was just being cautious due to whatever happened to them lol. I've narrowed it down to either too much N or some sort of blight.

And you are right. When the star starts to open, them seeds love to come out. I'm sure I will have an unexpected patch this year in the field lol.

So far I still think it's worth it. However, I haven't finished the process yet. But just by judging what I've seen and the mistakes I've made corrected, with the addition of a HID light it would be totally worth it.

I don't even notice the difference on the power bill. I'm sure I will once I add an HId light to the mix, but as of now it's only 4 bucks a month more.

This one was the control batch. The next one will really determine the outcome. I had to fiddle around with things and I definitely know where improvement needs to go. Biggest thing, direct sow into their final pots. Not because of transplant problems, they transplanted perfect...even with leaving a couple on bare concrete over night roots exposed at all. Lol. Absolutely no problems transplanting this strain. But rather direct sow to give the plants all the room they need with no interruptions.

All in all an overwhelming success. I appreciate all of you guys again. I'm still going to keep this thread alive and post updates. When I start the new batch I'll start a different thread.
  • onediadem and Skywatcher like this

#48 Cryptowonder90

Cryptowonder90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:42 AM

A couple of upclose pics of flower. The pod has already significantly swelled.

Attached Thumbnails

• 045B21E6-157F-4375-84B8-B909D9E29EA1.jpeg
  • AA357CAB-616A-42FD-AA4E-7DCE3DA3A609.jpeg

• Skywatcher likes this

#49 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,039 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:16 AM

On bloom food, I would personally go with something around 3 / 7 / 7 or organic in source, and use it full mix strength, but sparing. I would then water it through with regular waterings a few times before re-feeding.

BTW, you can just call me Skye as my friends do Crypto. The watcher/ walker substitution then does not get mixed up........ :tongue:

#50 Cryptowonder90

Cryptowonder90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

Haha thanks skye. I got something right around that. Couldn't find any organic that would dissolve into water. All had to be mixed into soil. I mixed it at half strength.

I figure this is a test batch for the next round when all learned skills will be applied.

It was nutes designed for veggies and flowers. I figured it would work well for pod development. We will see. Looking great today tho.

Is it safe to switch the lights to 24/7 or leave them at 18/6? Some say it works out great.

Attached Thumbnails

• 00AE1B97-B767-4148-AE84-628B90D4F36C.jpeg
  • D07AE789-9046-4798-9DE5-B33EDD630228.jpeg

• RamenShaman likes this

#51 Cryptowonder90

Cryptowonder90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:27 AM

It is safe to say that all of them are bolting now. Got a good amount lol.

I love this site. It is literally a journal that I can go back and look at LOL.

Attached Thumbnails

• 6AED7EA7-C4B6-4092-9B1B-16E5E636D2B9.jpeg
  • 2130217B-5727-4FD6-A14E-41C100B00C4E.jpeg
  • 2501D282-2737-4BDC-A9E9-41BA172766CF.jpeg

• Skywatcher likes this

#52 Cryptowonder90

Cryptowonder90

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:41 AM

Just another update. The nutes I used had effected all of the plants in a positive way. However, the ones that just started bolting, are responding significantly better than the ones already flowering.

Best time for flowering and pod development nutrients is right on the onset of bolting. Dually noted.

A lot of things will be done differently on the next cycle. This has been an awesome experiment. A successful venture completed. Next cycle will be even better.

If anyone is reading this, I know there is a way to tell when the pod is ripe due to the ring around the stem on base of pod. It looks a certain way when it's ready. Do any of y'all know? I'm sure I can find it on inter web. .

The second picture are the ones I started like a week or two after the first picture. That's why they are a little behind.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3D45D21B-47DB-43CD-AF98-C626554E5C69.jpeg
  • D3EB9EFE-D0DC-4292-A48F-8CA40C5436D0.jpeg

• onediadem and Skywatcher like this

#53 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,310 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 AM

People usually use the crown at the top of the pod to determine "ready" .

When the little fingers of the crown start pointing up and tiny windows appear just below them you know the seeds are dry and ready to be harvested. This is the point at which most outdoor pod harvesters harvest. You get pods and you get soil-ready seeds for replanting.

Before then "ready" is anytime there is sap present. Common knowledge suggests that the longer you wait the more sap is moved up to the top of the plant. I know for sure that even when the stem is dry and hard there is still some sap present most of the way down to the roots and can be simmered out.

How abouts you write up this grow as a "tek" in a separate thread and use that thread as both a tutorial and a comparison to the changes you make for the next grow??? It will keep the information brief and tidy.  Good work so far!

• Skywatcher likes this

#54 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 13,585 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 12:03 PM

Are you scoring them? I was actually surprised at how many seeds I got even with scoring. I thought it had to be one or the other. I was pleasantly surprised. Those look really good. I am actually surprised at how well they have done indoors.

If you are interested in seeds for tea~ http://www.bulkfoods...s-5-pounds.html

They are great quality and make a nice medicinal tea.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!