19 replies to this topic

#1 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,993 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:00 AM

I know how shatter is made (heat and pressure) but I do not like smoking outa machines or hot knives etc making shatter go into a dube is sticky / tricky aspecially with kids I dont wanna keep my shatter in the fridge....

I seen this crumble stuff and we tried it in a dube after smoking other dubes and some shatter etc well we couldnt finish the other dube with the crumble in it I was sleepy and outa pain :) for a bit anyway :)

I can handel my weed smoking a few or a few more threw out the day for my pain and other issues but these concentrates can save my weed a bit more cuz its stronger ...... I ike the idea of crumble in a joint better then dealing with shatter in the heat ;)

now crumble looks like a good hashish .... ive seen hashish being made in India or somewhere near there I think ..... they take the pot plant and just bang it over a screen collecting all the pollen not the bud or leaf .... then press and press till its a brick of hashish :) yum yum :)
is this the same as keif? and is crumble made the same way as this hashish? is it like using the crystal outa my buster?

thanks for helping :) XOXOX

#2 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,069 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:48 AM

This is a fair description...

https://internationa...hat-is-crumble/

• wildedibles likes this

#3 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,993 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:29 AM

Thanks roc :) XOXOX
That explains alot cuz it was actually called budder but talking to the kids as they know thier dabs .....thier generation not mine lol they said crumble..now I know there is both haha :)....what I seen thoe is a mixture of budder and crumble ...... not creamy but dry and I could easily dig a bit out with my fingernail
.....1 gram = 4 or 5 grams of weed very concentrated u dont need much just a dab lol

now thst I know its made from butane and a vacume oven I have heard people doing this so I understand aot more now thanks :)
  • roc likes this

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:26 AM

Chemical extractions are a lot like baking or making candy. 

Minor alterations in the process can greatly effect the outcome. The various extracts are held under vacuum and temperature. Fluctuations in temperature and vacuum during the process can alter the consistency of the final product. 

Ever seen peanut brittle come out all gummy and taffy-like? (Instead of crunchy/glassy?)

I suspect that this is the reasoning behind all of the variations in finished product when it comes to extracts. 

It's all hash - the oil from the plant which is contained within the trichome body. 

• roc, wildedibles and CatsAndBats like this

#5 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

Minor alterations in the process can greatly effect the outcome. The various extracts are held under vacuum and temperature. Fluctuations in temperature and vacuum during the process can alter the consistency of the final product. 

Ever seen peanut brittle come out all gummy and taffy-like? (Instead of crunchy/glassy?)

I suspect that this is the reasoning behind all of the variations in finished product when it comes to extracts. 

It's all hash - the oil from the plant which is contained within the trichome body. 

Hash isn't anywhere near as potent as oil. No way! The very best hash is only about 30% THC. Oil can be up into the 90% range. Oil is the extraction of the delta-9 THC in it's purest form. There aren't any plant parts at all in oil. No resin gland sacs. Calling it hash oil is a misnomer. It's not hash at all.

While it may get you high to smoke oil, it's meant to be vaporized. Not burned. Burning oil doesn't do it justice. It tastes like shit! I've put it on rolling papers before too, but it doesn't really enhance the flavor of the joint at all. Back in the early 70's we used to use a glass oil pipe. It's the same thing they use to smoke meth, or crack in nowadays. A glass dick! A hollow glass stem with a glass bulb with a hole in it on the end. We thought we were smoking oil back then, but with no direct contact with the flame, we were vaporizing it. I don't like the funny looks I get when I buy one of these contraptions. I'd recommend using one of those though. It's easily concealable from the kids, if that's an issue, and they're relatively cheap. 

• roc, wildedibles and Juthro like this

#6 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:03 PM

Hash isn't anywhere near as potent as oil. No way! The very best hash is only about 30% THC. Oil can be up into the 90% range. Oil is the extraction of the delta-9 THC in it's purest form. There aren't any plant parts at all in oil. No resin gland sacs. Calling it hash oil is a misnomer. It's not hash at all.

While it may get you high to smoke oil, it's meant to be vaporized. Not burned. Burning oil doesn't do it justice. It tastes like shit! I've put it on rolling papers before too, but it doesn't really enhance the flavor of the joint at all. Back in the early 70's we used to use a glass oil pipe. It's the same thing they use to smoke meth, or crack in nowadays. A glass dick! A hollow glass stem with a glass bulb with a hole in it on the end. We thought we were smoking oil back then, but with no direct contact with the flame, we were vaporizing it. I don't like the funny looks I get when I buy one of these contraptions. I'd recommend using one of those though. It's easily concealable from the kids, if that's an issue, and they're relatively cheap. 

All true statements. With one exception.....

Show me where I called this "hash oil" - as stated in your dissertation - and made the blanket comparisons you are refuting. 
I said, "It's all hash - the oil from the plant blah blah blah

Your concentrated delta-9 comes from this material. 

I made no other statements about usage, quality, concentration, percentage - or any other aspect other than consistency of a concentrate and where it comes from. 

Man.......

Try to keep it simple and sometimes........whew. Rock on. 

Edited by Myc, 16 June 2018 - 01:07 PM.

• roc, phlegmbae, wildedibles and 1 other like this

#7 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,993 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

I think they have heard hash oil before not in here cuz I havent read it here either

I have a little glass pot for my vape but I cant find it now grr

I have tried the shatter outa a glass pipe (one that can handle the heat for shatter) but I dontlike smoking outa contraptions I would much rather a dube ..... I love oil and weed together even if the taste can suck I remember that taste and enjoy what its gonna do for me :) taste memory :) ....oil and tobacco is just disgusting tho but I smoke it too if I have no weed to mix with it but I woud rether even use leaf then tobacco ;)

gotta find that pot for my vape I still dont like smking it from that but ah it works and is easier then lighting the blowtorch ;)

Edited by wildedibles, 16 June 2018 - 01:43 PM.

#8 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

I think they have heard hash oil before not in here cuz I havent read it here either

I have tried the shatter outa a glass pipe (one that can handle the heat for shatter) but I dontlike smoking outa contraptions I would much rather a dube ..... I love oil and weed together even if the taste can suck I remember that taste and enjoy what its gonna do for me :) taste memory :) ....oil and tobacco is just disgusting tho but I smoke it too if I have no weed to mix with it but I woud rether even use leaf then tobacco ;)

gotta find that pot for my vape I still dont like smking it from that but ah it works and is easier then lighting the blowtorch ;)

So get the crumble?

• phlegmbae and wildedibles like this

#9 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

All true statements. With one exception.....

Show me where I called this "hash oil" - as stated in your dissertation - and made the blanket comparisons you are refuting. 
I said, "It's all hash - the oil from the plant blah blah blah

Your concentrated delta-9 comes from this material. 

I made no other statements about usage, quality, concentration, percentage - or any other aspect other than consistency of a concentrate and where it comes from. 

Man.......

Try to keep it simple and sometimes........whew. Rock on. 

Lol! Dissertation? Yeah, I guess I do get carried away...... a lot! I reckon I'll just STFU now! One thing lead to another, and....... yeah..... I'm done!

#10 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,993 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:14 PM

So get the crumble?
:) Dont mind if I do lol ya I wanna try it .....hubby did find my vape pot :)

Edited by wildedibles, 16 June 2018 - 05:30 PM.

#11 TrippyHippyPunk

TrippyHippyPunk

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:03 PM

I'm pretty sure hash can see numbers of up to 60% and higher. But that's bubble hash and full melt which require alot of work filter down to the trichomes them selves. Think they use 5-8 screens at different microns. To make it worth while you'd need to have lots of plant material. So if you grow it yourself, could be worth trying.

I cant get concentrates in my city right now, our summers are always dry as can be, shit I can't even find bud, I have to drive 30 minutes away just to pick up for the week. One of these days I'll just move to a legal/medical state.

Concentrates are my favorite, they have great therapuetic value to my lungs. If you ever sand blast in your lifetime, Shatter is what will relieve your coughing until it barely noticeable:)

#12 oldmushmellow

oldmushmellow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:59 PM

My son and daughter are connoisseurs when it comes to that stuff. I've tried all of those things and dabs (wax) really messes me up so bad that I can't drive sometimes. My son in law had to give it up for a while because it was no longer working for him.

I will say that the original flavors of the bud is what I like when I smoke so that is what I stick with. BUDS RULE FOREVER!

It took 50 years of my life to see it become legal. I am very happy.  :smoking-hookah:

• wildedibles and Juthro like this

#13 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,993 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:46 PM

I agree with you bud is great :) I think next month it be in every corner store ....change is a comming :)
  • Juthro likes this

#14 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,579 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:50 AM

I'm still waiting for that here. It will seem really odd to see it too.

#15 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:45 AM

That stuff literally causes me to go in circles. I can't remember what I'm looking for or doing, much less hold a coherent conversation. I can drive on it quite easily, except I get lost in places I've known all my life! I waste too much time when I use concentrates. Even a good bubble hash will do it to me.

• wildedibles, Juthro, TrippyHippyPunk and 1 other like this

#16 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,854 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:37 PM

That stuff literally causes me to go in circles. I can't remember what I'm looking for or doing, much less hold a coherent conversation. I can drive on it quite easily, except I get lost in places I've known all my life! I waste too much time when I use concentrates. Even a good bubble hash will do it to me.

LOL, I've been there....  Looked for my pipe one time for about 5min before my wife said "Whats that in your hand?".  That was with some good bud topped with kief. 

Concentrates on the other hand are fairly new to me.  I remember hash, or honey oil from back in the day.  But I've never done a dab, and have only tried vaping in the last month or so with a vape pen.  I do find that helps a lot with my back pain, and quickly too.  And I haven't noticed it making me as stupid as the bud and kief combo's of my past.  I also really appreciate the stealth and ease of the vape pen, it has made my life easier. 

• wildedibles likes this

#17 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,033 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:09 PM

While it is not as potent as oils, hash can have THC levels that are in excess of 30%. It can get up into or near the 60-70% range. This may not be they typical range for hash but it is obtainable depending on procedure and raw materials.

Take full melt for example... Full melt hashish has THC percentages of well over 30%.

There are strains, that if grown properly, produce flowers with THC levels approaching 30%.

PJ  :biggrin:

• wildedibles, TrippyHippyPunk and oldmushmellow like this

#18 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,993 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:03 PM

The vape I got is ok but heavy I need a pen it be easie rto carry for me when i go out.....and where is the roaches ;) I still like my dube ;)

I like that budder or budda or crumble better then the shatter cuz you dont need a torch :) its hot and forest fire warnings everywhere im not smoking with a torch in my attic or outsie .....never iked hot knives .... I will put it in a dube

shatter or udder in my vape pot just turns to liquid when its done so its messy to clean even with 99% alcohol

the concentrates and bud we are smoking says its 50% thc but I have read that that high % are not absorbable in the body .... some thc in the plant is not absorable for us so the actual % should be lower ....just some companys are saying its that high to get it sold??
even the day time makes you feel cloudy but man its great fo helping me concentrate on things i tend to be late for other things :) lol and ya I hid our weed one bag and hubby had the other one well he asked for the one i hid..... ? that was a few days ago hum.... you should ask me whe I first hide things then I will remember where I put it..... I thihnk you get into that zone and put something away then your not in that zone anymore and not thinking on that zone so you cant remember ....get high again and you will find it lol 50% of the time lol had to say it that way :)

#19 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,033 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:34 PM

The vape I got is ok but heavy I need a pen it be easie rto carry for me when i go out.....and where is the roaches ;) I still like my dube ;)

I like that budder or budda or crumble better then the shatter cuz you dont need a torch :) its hot and forest fire warnings everywhere im not smoking with a torch in my attic or outsie .....never iked hot knives .... I will put it in a dube

shatter or udder in my vape pot just turns to liquid when its done so its messy to clean even with 99% alcohol

the concentrates and bud we are smoking says its 50% thc but I have read that that high % are not absorbable in the body .... some thc in the plant is not absorable for us so the actual % should be lower ....just some companys are saying its that high to get it sold??
even the day time makes you feel cloudy but man its great fo helping me concentrate on things i tend to be late for other things :) lol and ya I hid our weed one bag and hubby had the other one well he asked for the one i hid..... ? that was a few days ago hum.... you should ask me whe I first hide things then I will remember where I put it..... I thihnk you get into that zone and put something away then your not in that zone anymore and not thinking on that zone so you cant remember ....get high again and you will find it lol 50% of the time lol had to say it that way :)

I would imagine it is similar to the gas mileage rating for cars. You never get the mileage the sticker says you will get.I have seen strains that advertise THC levels of 30-35% but that is only if they are grown under absolute peak conditions in a professional grow room where all impacting factors are accounted for. My guess would be, and its only a guess, that the advertised 50% THC level is intended as a sales tactic for those who would never question the dispensary who only highers "expert" sales associates.

I imagine it could be enhanced in some way, rolled in kief or something along those lines to reach 50%.

THC levels of 50% are really high but who am I to say its not possible through continued breeding. It's amazing how quickly THC levels have increased over the last decade so only time will tell...

Of course I could be completely wrong. There may be a 50% THC strain out there already that I am not aware of but I find it unlikely.

Sounds yummy though!

PJ   :biggrin:

Edited by PJammer24, 08 August 2018 - 09:07 PM.

• wildedibles likes this

#20 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,993 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:30 AM

straines that have been mentioned to be 50% is Gorrillia glue, Gods green crack, King tutt cant remember anyothers ...
...the concentrates are listed as 50% too but they are also 5grams of weed fitting nicely into 1gram shatter or budder

I dont mind lower % or even some with CBD in it as well 10% and 10% is a good one Warlock was that I believe

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!