CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

CATS!

Just for you, here's our 5.

We can't leave empty Kleenex boxes around the house or this diabetic dummy gets stuck in them and walks around crying & bumping into things:

attachicon.gifKleenex.jpg

This skeptical boy is so skittish that it's a special day when he comes for some lap time:

attachicon.gifSkeptical.png

These two usually hate each other, but I caught them napping together:

attachicon.gif2 cats.jpg

The newest (and prettiest) addition to our clowder:

attachicon.gifBlue Eyes.png

We have too many cats and not enough house, but I can think of worse problems to have!

Good luck Phin.

Thanks, man.  I'll let ya'll know how it goes in a couple weeks...

OMG, the tissue box cat! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Phineas_Carmichael likes this

#22 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:54 AM

Don't wait for the court date. 

Call the local DA and explain you're currently legal, it was an oversight. 

If it's your first time (in a few years) s/he will usually let it slide and tell you don't sweat the court date.

If you can call ahead and find that person in their office during the day, the outcome is almost 100%.

Poorer counties will oftentimes make you pay some fees, but it's generally better than what happens in front of the judge or not showing up at all.

:)

soliver

I tried to contact the prosecutor several times but didn't manage to catch him in his office.  I can't help but feel that if I had a name like his (O'Shea) it would have been easier for me to get in touch with him.  

In the rural town where I grew up the Andersans, Torkelsons, and Christiansens ran the show, so I understand that even though I'm a white boy I'm not "white enough" for this guy to return my calls in this city...

Thanks, man.  I'll let ya'll know how it goes in a couple weeks...

I appeared in court in my vest & bowtie (yes, I know a vest & bowtie is absolutely ridiculous, but I wanted the judge to think I was an idiot; protective coloration and all that) & explained that I knew my documents were expired and that I work 3rd shift.  I asked the judge if she could imagine trying to renew her driver's license at 3AM after working her 9-5 job, or even trying to stay awake until 3AM on her day off.

I explained that I had passed the written & driving tests and have a new FULL license.  I mentioned that I moved to this state as a college student (and that because I was a student I couldn't "establish residency" so I didn't know I had to get a FULL vs a TEMP license as soon as possible.  I told her that in my home state you just have to go to the DMV and present a valid out-of-state License, and the DMV will issue you a valid FULL driver's license.  I didn't know it was different in this state & that I needed take both the written & driving tests..  

Long story short, I plead ignorance & apologized.  The judge was super-nice & took my ignorance into account.  I pulled the wool over her eyes and got off with a $85 court fee instead of a $356 fine.

• Myc, PsyBearknot, Soliver and 4 others like this

#23 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,069 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

So, it's only right that you send us 10% of the difference.   That's $27 to the Sea Lawyers Fund for Well Intentioned Advice. 

Damn, that's a goddamned expensive mutherfuckin state! 

• Myc likes this

#24 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:10 AM

I'm just glad to hear there's a reasonable ending to this whole story. 

Way to play the poindexter card.

So now you can blow all of that cash you saved on glassware and chemicals. Yay!

#25 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

Super Nice Judge?  Damn.  You must live in Candy-Land ... no such thing in these parts.  Then again, she may have assumed you were a mongoloid and taken pity.  Smart.

Cheers to happy endings outside the bathhouse!

:)

soliver

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!