#301 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,400 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:36 PM

I strive to not put labels on it all. I suppose my own consciousness feels a need to retain the illusion of control, despite it's own obvious helplessness. Your mindset is a rare one my friend and not an easy one to maintain I would think. I always value your input and it makes me see things from a different and interesting perspective, for indeed we are but watchers of it all unfolding. Who are we to judge? 

• Skywatcher, Alder Logs and Guy1298 like this

#302 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,417 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:41 PM

Actually, we are the unfolders. We would be judging ourself.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 01 November 2018 - 06:42 PM.

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#303 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,524 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:54 PM

Like Leadbelly said about playing the 12 string guitar: "It's so easy when you know how."    Actually, getting out of person and being isn't hard.   It's only being honest about what we, as whatever we are, can be verified as true.   If one really looks at how we have habitually identified, we see it's never been stable.   So, honestly, could we be that?   In reality, the being has never not been.  We only papered over it with our ever changing stories. 

Do some of us see it when those few grams blow all our bullshit away?   Then, something we think about ourselves, something we are comfortable with, steps back in and pretends to tell us what happened, and it has us back there, no longer here.   The knower has to know.   But, can it, really?    So, what if we look at and question what is known, versus what is believed, and take a stand, right now, in everyday waking consciousness?    Ask, "who and what am I?"   Take any answer the mind can come up with and test it.  Do I know this, or do I merely believe?   Am I original being, or a story of about being?  

What is true doesn't go away or fail.  That is what we always are, believing something else, until we don't.   The more we get with the being we are, the more blatantly false the facsimile becomes.   

Spiritual awakening is an accident.

Spiritual practices can make us accident prone.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#304 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,524 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:57 PM

Actually, we are the unfolders. We would be judging ourself.

Is it okay if I make that noun into a verb: unfolding?  If there were no noun there, what would there be to do an activity of judgment? 

#305 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,417 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2018 - 07:01 PM

That would be our slight difference of opinion, I must admit. You seem to want to let the plane fly, and I want to see what hell it can do. You want to see through illusion. I want to make my own illusions.

One gets bored with being...

#306 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,400 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:44 AM

Steampunk man that is awesome. I tend to (attempt) to fly my own illusion as well, but as I move more and more towards my Elder status I relate more and more to the just BE philosophy as well. That control thing is a hard one for me. Even when my ego has been blown out by a big dose of mushies or DMT, there I am hurtling through the void, going wtf and how did (I) get here? WTF am I now? I also tend to think more of the impression that we are all the same I and I am only a small leaf on that tree of cosciousness. It is mind boggling and I never get tired of looking at the wonder of what WE BE.

• Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#307 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,524 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:06 AM

Can we compare the being with a be-er?   Which is the true?   The thing arose in what is.  The thing's reality is claimed as thing, identifying not as all of it, but the imagining of something separate.  

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.
The name that can be named is not the eternal name.
The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth.
The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.
Ever desiring, one sees the manifestations.
These two spring from the same source but differ in name; this appears as darkness.
Darkness within darkness.
The gate to all mystery.

#308 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,524 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:11 AM

Do we really think being is the end?   A void in which all ceases to exist... a flatline?   Ha ha!   What is this "boring" of which you speak?

#309 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,400 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:27 PM

I recently bought 7 of Carlos Castanedas's books. Not being sure what order they were in I started with Tales of Power, after that I am halfway through The Second Ring of Power. I read all of his books when I was young, but did not get much out of them. I found them hard to read and even at times annoying when I was a kid. Now it is as if my soul is reading them and devouring them with enthusiasm. They have had a profound impact on my dreams and I have had several that related to things I read in the books that resonated with me. 

He ofted speaks of "Dreaming" but there are times he seems to be doing it in his waking world, and times he seems to be living in his dreamworld. There was a time when he survived an encounter with what was called one of his teacher's "Allies" by simply laying back and blinking and waiting. Soon after reading that, I hac a life threatening situation in a dream where I was nailed down with automatic gunfire from above, and the gun flashes were only twenty feet away or more. In the dream I was like ok I will die here, and simply relaxed into it with a smile on my face while my eyes were blinking with the gunfire, and I was totally at peace despite the circumstances. After realizing I survived, I rolled out of my ineffective cover and ran up a hill totally exposed, but I knew I was going to survive because I had acted that way when death was right on top of me so to speak. I was even in the dream relating this to the book. 

I noticed last night that the book I am reading now, the twists and turns and sudden changes in the plots, are VERY much like my dreams in a lot of ways. I find that fascinating, and I wonder if these books were a product of his recording his lucid dreams, or if he actually went through this sorcery training, which also seems more realistic to me than his simply imagining all of this incredible imagery and the characters involved in it from scratch. 

Anyone else read his writing and retained enough of it to connect with any of that? I am finding it a fascinating read indeed.

• Skywatcher likes this

#310 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 667 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

A lot of my dreams are not G Rated...  :blush:  I called one of my best friends the other day to let her know that I totally had one of these X Rated dreams with her as the co-star... It was an interesting conversation... She finally reached the conclusion that I had suppressed that dream for the last 20ish years since she was actually co-starring with me in a surprisingly similar drama...

On a more G Rated note!! I totally had a dream about Bridgessi Cactus last night!! Before any of you jump to conclusions... This dream was COMPLETELY Asexual in nature... Damn, just the thought is painful!!

• Coopdog likes this

#311 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,400 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:35 PM

That's funny lol. I got cheated out of that somehow. Even with my lucid dreaming ability pretty well cemented into place, I can't seem to go there very well lol. I figured as lucid dreaming got easier that I would be able to indulge in some good lurid stuff, but it rarely happens and when it does it is never a comfortable fantasy thing lol. By the way I think that is FUCKED lol because I could use a good outlet for my extra testosterone lol but alas it is not to be I think

#312 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,400 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:40 PM

Like I said before, the Castaneda books have been having a deep down effect on my psyche for some odd reason. I struggle with telling the whole content of last nights dreams, but my intent was to dream effectively last night. In my dreams, I worked with special needs people, an angry lady with no hearing, a teenage boy with autism who would act out violently. I restrained the boy with compassion and distracted him with toning, and calmed him with loving intent. The woman broke down in tears when I approached her with compassion in my heart for her anger at her condition. I found myself in a church group in a poor church being caught up in sheer joy at the beautiful singing from that odd group of characters. At one point I was running from someone even in this awesome scene, and had to go down a very dangerous and broken down long flight of stairs grown over with blackberries with no choice but to let them tear at me to get down, and at the bottom I found a pool of alligators that had to be negotiated. There was much detail, but it was mostly heartfelt interaction and was not meant to be shared. 

One of the goals I had in my dreams last night was to find my hands. Did that immediately with no problem. The goal after that was to not wake up and to wander through that dream world with intent and to fulfill that intent. Also accomplished and very interestingly so indeed. The lucid dreaming was even on the coast to coast show last night and reinforced my intentions for my dreams. I wonder if I can take on the aspect of two lives lived as they discussed on the radio show. I love it that I am getting lessons even though my teacher is no longer in my life. 

Strange night of dreams indeed. 

• Skywatcher likes this

#313 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:26 PM

Do you have pet ferrets? We had one that just ran into our lives one day in a friends garage, my friend thought it was a rat at first and was looking for a shovel to whack it with, but I picked it up and it was a half grown female ferret who had just been fixed and still had the surgery wound on her belly. She lived for a good 10-12 years and when she finally passed I took it pretty hard. Never had such an enjoyable pet it my life. Lots of good belly laughs at the highjinks that thing pulled off all the time. I found she had passed and cried my eyes out. I guess I never realized just how much sheer enjoyment I was receiving from her.

This morning I had another one of the post apocalyptic dreams, in it I was a teenager, and a few guys I was with were bullying a younger kid pretty badly. (I grew up with some real psychos and was forever calling them off of some poor soul when I was young) At any rate I realized it was a girl dressed like a boy, and stood up for the kid, and ended up giving her my bicycle so she could get away. We ended up in a food line, and when we got to the food, I asked for a couple of pieces of chicken, and realized my .45 was gone. I waited and waited for my chicken, and when they brought out the pan of it and they were dishing up my chicken, I noticed they had breaded and fried my gun and it was laying on top of the chicken. I said hey that's my .45! pointing to the gun. The lady said, but it's breaded! I told her I like breading and she gave it back to me, and I proceeded to pull the chicken skin and breading off of it, wondering if it was ruined or not.

The buildings were all destroyed like no mans land in the movies.

Alderlogs I agree with you 100% that this world is going to take a big turn here soon and it is not gonna be fore the better. My dreams reflect how much I dwell on that I think.

Peace...

Hey! Ive just now noticed this! Ferrets are the freaking best. I have 2. Ill have another before this time next year.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
  • Coopdog likes this

#314 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 746 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:34 PM

That would be our slight difference of opinion, I must admit. You seem to want to let the plane fly, and I want to see what hell it can do. You want to see through illusion. I want to make my own illusions.

One gets bored with being...

Boredom is a story that's been made up as well. There's no reason that this moment shouldn't be ultimately satisfying or ultimately satisfying in the sense of having nothing to satisfy. All the need for a story dropped, nothing. The mind talking about what it is and will be, nonsense. 

Edited by Guy1298, 09 November 2018 - 02:38 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#315 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,417 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:35 PM

Yup.
  • Guy1298 likes this

#316 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,045 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:10 AM

Yes. I decided to die in a dream also. Just laid down and chose to die. Just to see what would happen. Immediately dematerialised and appeared in a world of gold light.
Everything was made of that light. Just like the green number codes make up everything in the Matrix movies.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!