#321 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

Weird Question - is the sleep issue by any chance due to "enlarged prostate" because if you get up 1 or 2 times during the night to take a piss, that may be the issue there.  Just figured I cover the bases here.  Don't ask how I know.

If so, I found that Stinging Nettle Root does a world of good here.  There is of course pharmaceuticals for this as well (Typically "FlowMax").

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#322 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,941 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

Only one or two times?  Maybe four, eh?  Don't trust the Flomax, the body builds tolerance and then you are back to square one, but addicted. 

• Coopdog and SteampunkScientist like this

#323 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:31 PM

Yeah... Precisely why I use Nettles.

• Coopdog likes this

#324 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,445 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:08 PM

No problem with the bathroom runs. I wake up around 4AM, hit the bathroom and then go right back to sleep these days. One trip to the bathroom a night. Physically I feel worlds better and am sleeping about 7 hours a night. Anxiety attacks have disappeared and I wake alert and ready to go for the day.

Coop, you have summed up my frustration. I started learning to analyse my own dreams when I was 16. My entire life since has involved my dream states as much as my awake states. I have honed my dreamwork skills well, so to know I am dreaming and only retaining a micro portion of that makes me feel stripped of a valuable tool of self balance and understanding. Not to mention the simple enjoyment of that other world. It's quite weird as I feel like once I enter the dream state, I am fully experiencing it, releasing what needs out and delving off in action like scenarios. I have however not had any incidents of lucidity, and I can't seem to bring the dreams into full wake state.

I am experimenting with skipped nights now, and would like to get the benefits of both a well rested mind, and not loosing my dreamwork, but I greatly fear going back to that state I was in when I only got 4 to 5 hours and just got up at around 3 because it was pointless to lay in bed any longer. After months of that I became delusional and manic/ depressed to the point that I had very few hours a day that were productive.

I am thinking I may try some dream enhancing herbs to see if I can break this barrier down, between the two states .......

What are the thoughts on mugwort, and are there others?

• Coopdog and SteampunkScientist like this

#325 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:50 PM

St. Johns Wort, which is no doubt related to mugwort. I've had some weird dreams on it.
  • Skywatcher likes this

#326 WolfWhiz

WolfWhiz

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:23 AM

Anyone had a Nyquill dream or after sedation for surgery where it feels like your fighting to wake up?

#327 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,512 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:43 AM

I found Mugwort to be very enhancing to my dreams, but it seemed like my dreams took on an uneasy anxiety kind of aspect.  My old teacher friend told me I was using WAY too much of it, and rather than slowing it down I just stopped it altogether. I have most of a kilo if it if you would like to try some. My ups and downs at night are due to the fact that I come home and have a few beers most nights and I also drink TONS of water every day. It is what it is for me...

• Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#328 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:52 PM

I've tried mugwort before crazy kind of stuff, found it to be pretty strong last time I used it I couldn't get to sleep at all, been looking for a dreamer tea that mugwort is mixed in, starting to use herbs again and getting a handle on what's what might just mix my own.

#329 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,512 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:59 AM

Try Catnip, with spearmint and peppermint and lemon balm. It's an interesting experience in tea...

• Skywatcher and Pan1 like this

#330 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:13 AM

I've been doing peppermint lemon balm, if I'm going to bed put in some Valerian. Need some mugwort. Also working on a smoking blend right now.

But I think the witching hour is over.

Edited by Pan1, 01 March 2019 - 08:19 AM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#331 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,512 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:29 PM

Pan1 if I remember correctly, you are not in the US? If you are I would gladly share some mugwort with you as well. Not had much luck mailing things like that to other countries though. Apparently they (Customs) don't know the difference between non drug herbs and drug herbs lol Tried mailing sage a couple of times that did not get there, but that was to Austrailia and UK.

#332 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 517 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:01 AM

Yeah it would cost you more to send it than I bought it for Coop. plus the manager at the store I shop at put a bunch of old stock on clearance, got a few bars of nag Champa soap I had been eyeing up for next to nothing to cover the cost of the mugwort.

But thanks anyways

Edited by Pan1, 02 March 2019 - 08:21 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#333 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,512 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:41 PM

Wow woke up this morning dreaming I was a kid on the streets of some European city with canals. In the dream I was about 15 years old, and we spoke english with an English accent so I don't think it was Italy. It was so real and detailed it was very strange. We were standing there beside a bridge and my friend was pissing down into the water, when a police boat came popping out from under the bridge and my friend pissed on the "Bobby's" who blew a very loud whistle bringing more cops with sticks from every direction, and we ran through little alleys and warrens and down side streets until we breathlessly managed to get away, laughing all the while.  Later we were standing on a roof, looking up at the stars, and talking about becoming "Bobby's" ourselves so we could prowl around in a kingdom boat and thump on pissy kids when we felt like it. In the dream I had a lip full of snuff, and I was spitting it like I had done it all my life and I have never in my life been a user of that crap. I even remember what my grimey hat smelled like and felt like on my head and how think and raggedy my clothes were. So strange how you can adopt an entirely different personality in a dream. I don't remember ever being anyone but myself in a dream before. That was an awesome dream!

• Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#334 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2019 - 07:56 PM

Or perhaps a memory...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!