555 replies to this topic

#421 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,086 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2019 - 06:25 PM

I have remembered a dream from last night. There was a young man moving around in my yard. I assumed in the dream that he was a worker from next door, but he was not doing anything so I kicked him out of my yard and stepped back inside. I remember the yard landscape and house seemed all off somehow. I went back out, and was just looking around when I saw all of my cactus was gone, with only spots on the concrete where the pots had been. I felt a crushing emotional pain from the theft. I saw the same young man still milling around, and realized he had stolen all of my cactus specimens. I was infuriated. He was just walking around like he did not care that I was there, and had no concern about my seeing him. I got in his face and told him you can not steal my plants and that I want them back , now.

He did not speak, he was totally indifferent, and I realized he had assistants which were other young thug looking guys hanging around. I got so angry I pinned him in a choke-hold, and demanded he return my cactus plants. I finally let him go because he was suffocating, and I was getting no answers.

From this point on in the dream It was night, and I was searching for my cactus because i knew they could not be very far yet. I found a few in a window shelf where people were just sitting around at a house a few doors away. I took them back and kept looking. While going along paths in yards around I would find one or two of mine, mixed in with many other plants of all types. The two other guys approached me, and led me to believe they would take me to where the rest of my cactus were. I followed, but it kept getting darker, and I was going down a very steep hill. It was hard to go because of the incline, but the two were staying far ahead of me. I remember the view was expansive, and from pretty high. The light was so dark I was beginning to have trouble seeing where to step and for a ways it was like walking with eyes closed.

Somehow I got to the bottom of the hill, but the two guys were gone, and there was no sign of any of my plants. Things faded out  like a dream ending, and I then found myself back on the street and still searching. I saw the original young man several more times in the dream. He never spoke, nor did I find anymore of my stolen plants. It was very upsetting to me, yet I had forgotten the dream on awakening.

I was outside, having my morning coffee, as is my habit, and when I got over by the cactus area, all of this came back to me. I don't know what it means, but to recall a dream is reminding me how much I need to be able to................

• Coopdog, Moonless and RainbowCatepillar like this

#422 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,774 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:35 AM

WOW, some of the worst dreams can be about people taking or harming our precious things. Like you I have bonded with these things, and I would be devastated to lose them. When they got frostbit a couple of years ago I felt such an emotional reaction that I actually wondered at it myself, like questioning my own actual sanity. I am interested in your own diagnosis of this dream brother. 

• Skywatcher likes this

#423 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 14,227 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2019 - 01:40 PM

It looks like it points to attachments. 

I don't remember much in my dreams, but I know I have had lots of them that are here in this canyon/valley, but it's always so different in the dreams, more remote, steeper ground, greater elevations differences, big boulders where there are none, dryer and more desert like.  Often I am in a defensive mode with invader types about.  There are some old wood framed buildings at times, big, some multistory, and most all falling apart, run down and dangerous (places I could never avoid going into to poke around).  I know I am here where I physically am, but the landscape is always so different, with so much added that's not, nor ever was here. 

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#424 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:55 PM

For sure our fears manifest in our dreams, like alder said it is attachment and then fear of losing that attachment. I often have reoccurring dreams about drug smuggling. It's the same theme, I am somewhere foreign , scored some awesome drugs, and must make the decision to foolishly try to smuggle or just abandon it. I usually decide to just ditch it and go on my way. This is caused by actual events that happened in my past, it was a stressful event and I believe forever etched into my psyche

#425 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,086 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2019 - 10:31 PM

This will be a real time example of my analysis processes. The dream has been eating at me, and needs to be understood. Forgive the format, as this is just the steps of breakdown, free association, and re-assembly I need to go through....

1. Symbols:
House/Yard

Seems all off, disrupted, violated,
my safe place, home is where the heart is, my stability and partner

Young man (Thief)

Is he the thief?I never saw him take or in possession of my cactus.  is he perhaps an aspect or part of myself?
thief is- Stealing something sacred and loved, my energy, ideas, time,
He is speechless- silent, I'm not sure of intent, unheard, trying to understand him, whats not being said...

My Cactus

missing or gone
teacher, sacred, guide, spiritual, a living being- 

invested time/work, security, long time companion,

what has given the direction to my life path.

Very Steep hill (descending)
From a very high point, things are going downhill, not going my way, fast decline, not in control or struggling to keep control.

I can't see my way well.

Night/ Dark
unseen obsticals, not clear, hidden from sight,
dark- subconscious, death or fear of unknown

2. Emotions in the dream:

Directed at or about the young man:

Anger
frustration with self? expressing something suppressed in myself
an emotion not expressed often, I am not a violent man, need to vent or get angry to make changes.

frustration
unexpressed, inability to get what I want, difficulties coping with the unclear

About Cactus loss:

devastation,

shock,
pain/loss 

taken away,
disbelief

All of these are about , and a reaction to,  fear of loosing something precious to me

About Hill/ Dark:

Fear
out of my control, danger, difficulty I can't fix, a waking difficulty?, stressful,
a suppressed fear that needs release......

a nervousness about being unsure how to go.

Re-assembly, conclusions.

The house and yard is the setting, it seems disrupted. I can't help but feel that this is about my life and my partner.

I think the young man is an aspect of myself. (Not understood, unable or unwilling to speak,) If he is me, he is also loosing something precious.

I believe the cactus is representative of the values I attribute to it, and not really about the cactus, and I realized while writing this that all I feel about it, is also what my partner is to me.

The descent down the hill from on top in the darkness, is really what is happening to us. My partner is physically and even mentally failing, and loosing his ability's a piece at a time. Doctors aren't supplying much help, and I do feel that most of my time is spent caring for, and trying to help him. I don't feel I can talk about this with him, as he feels cheated by the conditions that are reality now, and I spend much time trying to elevate his mood, and alleviate his pain.

I have to admit I am frustrated, and feel somewhat robbed of what we thought our life and dreams would be at this point.

So to me it seems this dream (as most) is actually quite simple. I needed to vent out anger, frustration, and loss. My fear of what life would be without him needed to be faced, and maybe accepted.

The ability I have to talk about this here, turns out to also be an additional way to release what has been suppressed within myself.

I find it interesting how the deep levels of our mind, seemingly weave elaborate stories with layers of symbolism to express a simple and strait forward goal, to make us face things we need to, and let out emotions we feel we can't when awake.

Edited by Skywatcher, 20 November 2019 - 12:37 AM.

• Coopdog, Moonless and flashingrooster like this

#426 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,774 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:38 AM

Wow brother, big hug for you. So sorry you are going through this with your partner, and makes me realize how long it's been since I have had any real interaction with you. Just so you know, you have friends here, and feel free to write me anytime. I apologize for being distant myself but life has been a heavy burden lately for me, and I really don't understand why. Actually I do, but not a damn thing to be done about any of it, so... you know. 

Your breakdown expressed a lot. Not sure if you would think the same way, but it seems to me that you need to reconnect with your Cactus spirit, and get that connection back. That is one that is there for you in real life. Hang in there brother. Life never seems to turn out like we want, and God seems to abhor plans and the best intentions sometimes. Maybe it's a lesson, and it always is really, but it sure is hard sometimes. I feel you out there brother more than you know. Feel free to write me if you want or even call me anytime. My numbers never change. 

• Skywatcher likes this

#427 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,086 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:59 AM

Thank you Coop.

#428 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:43 PM

For a long time I just assumed dreams were nothing more than the organisation of your memories As you sleep your mind has time to sort through all the information and file it accordingly. Put this in the important folder and this in the recycle bin. While this may be true on a functionary level i have come to believe there is more going on than just that. When my brother died I used to have frequent dreams about massive dark black tornado's. I think they represented the blackness and destruction that I felt inside from the pain of loss. It represented something that was massive and totally out of my control, wreaking destruction on my life.

Although, I did have one not to long ago and I was unsure of what to make of that..... come to think of it.. it may have been a very specific day of the year and I overlooked the significance of that dream... I did not even put the pieces together until now

I think that was a great analysis of your dream Sky. Even theoretically,  if your dream was about nothing.  It sure seems like it allowed you to sort through your feelings. I don't think that is the case, i totally agree with you. But let's just say that it was, I would say the end result is really all that matters. If dream analysis helps us with things in our real life. Does it really matter if that was the dream trying to tell us something. Or is it just us trying to bake a dream cake out of what is in our minds? Just talking about our problems is a big step towards dealing with them.  I like the idea that the guy who cant speak represents you. Your inability to speak because you perhaps do not know what to say at this time

It took me a very long time to be able to talk about my brother. The biggest issue I had was I have a very different outlook on life from most people. It can come off as callous or brutally honest. When your perspective get's changed like that, you forget that people can't see what you see. At the very start of it all I ended up saying things that people could not understand. It would come off poorly leaving me frustrated, I was unable to properly express my feelings. So I eventually just stopped talking about it. It took me a long time to find my voice. Listening to others talk about their loss, I would start to pick up bits and pieces of things that fit into how I felt. Having imaginary conversations in my head of things I wanted to say. Then in reality the moments presented themselves and I was able to say what I had always truly felt. In those moments there is a form of release for sure, a weight sort of feels lifted. Psychedelics definitely helped me in that regard, they would pull down the wall's I had erected and allow me to sort through my feelings. 

So in the spirit of that, can I ask what health condition your partner has? Forgive me if it is to personal and you don't want to talk about it I completely understand that feeling. 

But sometimes it is easier to talk to someone you barely know than the important people in our lives. What is that about?

I always like the imagery of this line  "Life is but a shipwreck of our aspirations".... thinking Gilligan's island style not so much cast away

To lose someone you love is so unfair it makes life seem like one big joke. 

Edited by flashingrooster, 20 November 2019 - 07:07 PM.

• Skywatcher and Moonless like this

#429 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 825 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:01 AM

I had a mushroom dream last night. I had left five or six jars and forgotten about them assuming they were dead. Opened up the bin to find all the jars were completely colonized. Too bad it was a dream as I have not yet successfully cultivated grain spawn

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Moonless like this

#430 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,774 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:40 PM

When lucid dreaming fails you! :

This morning I dreamed I was going through an old rundown abandoned building. I was hiding from someone outside. I came in to a big space with windows all around, like a broken down store space of some sort in the corner of the building, and it was dark outside. Came around a corner and there were two stripper types acting silly, one of them topless. I cracked some joke, and they laughed and I thought WOW this might be an interesting night! Then I realized they had a huge pile of freshly picked Cyans, and some of them were HUGE but definitely Cyans. I suddenly KNEW this was going to be an interesting night, and went to take a big bite.... and woke up!!! I was like Dammit man, no way, and tried to get back to my magic dreamspace lol, but no go. Oh well I never could manage a sexy dream it seems. :) Had potential to be awesome though! lol I think I need sex and mushrooms lol or so my subconscious told me this morning :)

• Skywatcher and flashingrooster like this

#431 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,774 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:41 PM

Flashingrooster, I have one hell of a hard time successfully colonizing spawn too.You are not alone in that one. Part of living in the wet Pacific NW in a moldy old house.

• flashingrooster likes this

#432 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 936 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:47 AM

I dreamt I did a masterful runout in a pool game. Haven't pooled in ages but has been on my mind lately that I want to pick it up as a serious hobby.

I sometimes dream similar stuff about old hobbies like skateboarding and basketball.

@coopdog: sexy dreams are tricky!

Edited by RutgerHauer, 24 November 2019 - 07:52 AM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#433 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 14,227 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:46 AM

I was out riding on my old '64 BSA that I had fifty years ago when I woke up this morning.  There was a little snow on the ground and I was off road just north of Los Angeles going up the Grapevine and I accidentally rode into a shallow creek. I had to keep going and get across it, and I made it just before I woke up.  I wanted to stay in the dream and enjoy that ride. 

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and RutgerHauer like this

#434 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,774 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:41 PM

Had a long, detailed and amazing dream this morning. It started out in a very cool old house. There are many homes like this where I am from, square brown stone structure, big porch that wraps around the front with a 2nd story that usually only has 1-2 rooms up above with peaked ceilings. We were doing some work inside and had it torn up in one room re-doing the floor and baseboards. I went out onto the front porch and sat on the stoop (as people often also do back home) A Black man went walking by on the sidewalk, and he glanced up at me, and I nodded and said "How's it going Man?" He smiled and came and sat down, introducing himself as Luthor, and we seemed well met and liked one another immediately. He sat and I rolled a fat one and we smoked that delicious joint, and just enjoyed the evening. 

I suddenly realized a vast water world had opened in front of me across the street as if I could see down into the depths of a beautiful ocean. The top had rolling waves, but as I looked I saw more and more. I saw a huge whale, and other living things, and pointed it out to my new friend, and it was crystal clear almost like the movie Aquaman in a way. We marvelled over the sight of it as we smoked and it was so deep and detailed and super crisp and clear like having God's eyes. 

I moved to go back into the house, but instead went around the side porch and into another door and my new friend followed. I went into a side door to avoid the construction mess in front, and as I went in I bumped a wall, and a panel moved a little bit. I examined it and to my surprise it came right off. I sat it aside and saw a small entranceway with one door facing me and another one opening to the side, and they looked very old and unused. I was very interested, and opened the one to the side. I went up some very old and dangerous looking stairs, and I had a bad feeling that we were not supposed to find this place. I opened a door at the top of those stairs and heard footsteps running away and another door slam. I went into this room and there was a window that opened into a large enclosed area like a garage, that looked lived in, and there was a fire in the hearth. I stared around the room marvelling that there was another living space that I did not know of in the house. There were many books, a comfortable chair, an old motorcycle and some sort of vehicle under a tarp. I had a very bad feeling so I decided to go back down and explore this another time. 

As we went back outside we walked down to the sidewalk, and I walked half a block or so up the street, looking around as I went at the beautiful worlds that opened up into unexpected depths wherever I looked. It seemed if I just looked, the entire world would assemble itself in the most minute detail as soon as my eyes fell on it. Very interesting effect and I believe this just might be how our own reality works in a way. 

As I got to the end of the block, there was a big dropoff, maybe a hundred feet or more, and I could see very well in the shadowy parts of the lower part. There were three people down there sneaking around, nosing through things and looking very suspicious. I found a rock and threw it WAAAAAYYY down there and it thudded hard into the ground nearly hitting the men down there and startling them. They looked up and began to run towards the hillside coming towards us. Luthor and I began to throw every rock we could find at them, and soon had them running to get away.. 

The most amazing aspects of this dream were that I rolled over several times and went right back to it, which is a rare thing for me, and the way the world would assemble and create vast depths and details which were so beautiful and amazing I can not believe they came from my subconscious mind. Wondrous landscapes, and the vision to see into the shadowy depths of them with perfect clarity that is impossible for me to convey. Simply amazing for me to experience myself, and I am very thankful for my dream world, and my new dream friend, who I instinctively felt was a companion and trustworthy friend. The nearly perfect recall of this dream without taking notes also was a rare and beautiful thing. Almost like it was a gift to myself. I woke up with a smile on my face and a new world to explore...

Edited by Coopdog, 04 December 2019 - 04:46 PM.

#435 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 825 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:17 PM

Jesus, freaky dream last night. I honestly hesitate talking about as you guys might think less of me for it. 

I had a dream I killed a guy last night, it was beyond fucked up. For some reason I felt like it was a justified thing at the time. Like defeating a villain. Then the dream became all about trying to get away with it. The extreme paranoia and panic of the whole situation. 

I woke up and thought I would be able to write this entire story out. The details are way foggier now that its late in the day. I can remember specific things like the idea that it was just a matter of time before the cops came to get me. I often have this sensation in a dream where I can sort of use the save and load function in video games. So when the po po rolled up into my driveway and it was clear the jig was up. Than panic of okay, this can't be real... If shit goes way out of bounds I get this feeling like okay, we are going to need to load that last save, the plane has crashed into the god damn mountain. It's funny that this is how in dreams I come to the conclusion that it is real. When I can't seem to load that save the panic sets in. Holy fuck I am going to go to prison for the rest of my life.  This is reality where we don't get the convenience of a do over. 

I often find myself at my mom's old house in my dreams. You think this too would have been a clue to non reality but it does not click at the time.

Those dreams are so real when i wake up it takes a moment to realize that it was all just a dream.... the amount of thoughts and emotions that go through your head in that brief moment

The instant relief of reality 

#436 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 825 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:20 PM

Sounds like you had a cool dream coop. I love it when you can drop right back into the dreams, except when they are nightmares..

It reminds me of a fantastical dream I had one time. Cascading waterfalls tied to mystical cities, on cliff's and outcroppings. Near the ocean.  Gold and silver everywhere. It was someones big celebration wedding. Just a pure joy dream. That's when you wake up and reality is a little lacking

• Skywatcher likes this

#437 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,774 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:24 PM

I grew up in a violent place and was raised to get my point across with my knuckles right from the start. My Dad was a very violent man, and had a reputation going back to his childhood for that. My first instinct when I have a confrontation or encounter someone else's anger, is to act out like that. However since I was in my 30's or so, I have tried hard to develop a much more spiritual approach to all and any of that and have made huge changes in my life and mindset since then. That doesn't change my internal struggle with that, and it often comes through in my dreams. Not nearly as often now, but most of my life I did violent bloody battle in my dreams, and in gruesome technicolor. I have wondered if I was some sort of warrior in a past life.

I don't write about those dreams. For a year or so I kept a dream journal, and one time reading through it I decided I should burn it because anyone who ever read it would think I was some kind of psycho to have dreams like that. I think it is how I keep my inner demons at bay. I guess I sort of consider it a good release mechanism that lets me get it out of me in a way that doesn't hurt my real life situation. 

Considering my belief that the dream world is indeed another reality, I am thankful that I have much less of these dreams now than I used to have. I think it's important to have your realities all in line, even your inner ones. All of those thoughts count I believe, and I guess it is something I am still working on. Don't let it bother you overmuch man. At least it was just a dream!

#438 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,774 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:43 AM

I truly want to manifest and cement a connection to my dream world. Where I can see all those amazing and beautiful things, and be able to reliably connect to that when I go to sleep. Much preferred to worrying about work and things I can NOT control. A compliant dreamscape is a huge improvement on all of that. I sort of believe that gaining control of that one would indeed help me gain control of this one. What do you think? 

#439 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 825 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:24 PM

Like to be able to pick your dreams? That would be really awesome. This thread has made me come to appreciate and like my dreams just a little bit more lately. Not sure that I have ever really achieved lucid dreaming before, if I have I can't seem to recall. I seem to always wake up as soon as i realize it's not this reality

The idea of it does seem pretty fantastic though. 

As far as control goes in this reality. I think I was forced to give up on that idea a long time ago. The more I try to tighten my grip the faster things seem to slip through.  I try to let the shit winds blow me wherever they may

#440 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,774 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:55 AM

A saying my old Lakota friend used to bring up from time to time, I think he said it was Ojibwa originally, "I sit here in self pity, while all the time, a great wind blows me across the sky..." It always hit me from left field when he said it, and it was always well timed and much needed. The long detailed dream I had up above there, was in a way a lucid dream. Lucid dreaming is an elusive creature and hard to master. I am very pleased to be having even the minor and occasional progress I have had with it. 

A few points of lucidity in that dream, some of which I may not have mentioned...but worth sharing. One of the first things to practice in lucid dreaming is finding your hands and doing something with them. In that dream, I looked down and saw my hands when I was preparing the joint for us to smoke. I literally realized I was looking at my hands, and took close notice. I felt the fine sticky pot I was rolling, and smelled it in real life technicolor. I felt the weed flowers moving in the paper, and aligning and packing just right like I used to do when I was a heavy smoker. (I rolled the most perfect joints, like I used a cigarette roller" and I felt it come out perfect. It was the just right sort of packed that you could draw through and appreciate and that burned even, not like the big cones people roll nowadays that burn all up one side rather than clean like a cigarette. Right then I realized I had lucidity here. 

I made a conscious decision to turn away from the direction of the dream and go in a different direction, like when it was getting spooky in the hidden place. I took the time to move to a place I could see the world outside and made sure to look for a minute and take it in, and that is when all that detail filled in AS I LOOKED. There were many elements I did not manifest like the guy walking by who became an instant friend. That was very cool because in real life I have been definitely lacking in that regard and it was much needed and good for my mind all the way around. I hope to meet up with him again in my dream world, and I have a feeling I just might. I also had a feeling there were levels of reality that were coming in to play in that very respect. 

Please feel free to record your dreams here with no judgement from us. One of the most important and key aspects of learning to dream lucidly, is immediately recording your dreams, whether on paper or on a recorder, to encourage your dream recall. Recognizing you are dreaming and working on one or more of the key behaviours in your dreams is how to find that degree of control. Every little step you make in that direction is very rewarding and in some time you will be like a character in a video game wandering through a world that only exists in your mind... maybe. That is kind of where I have gotten to, although I don't always have control of anything. It seems to work well after a good nights sleep after I wake up early in the morning and go to the bathroom again and I am drifting half in and half out of sleep. My teacher said that while your body needs 8 hours of sleep, your brain only requires four and that your brain can take off and go on fantasy journeys all on it's own when your body is sleeping good. 

Well worth the pursuit it is. Thanks for sharing. 

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!