458 replies to this topic

#441 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,954 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2019 - 09:53 AM

I truly want to manifest and cement a connection to my dream world. Where I can see all those amazing and beautiful things, and be able to reliably connect to that when I go to sleep. Much preferred to worrying about work and things I can NOT control. A compliant dreamscape is a huge improvement on all of that. I sort of believe that gaining control of that one would indeed help me gain control of this one. What do you think? 

As enjoyable as it would be to have control and set the direction for dreams, I am not personally any sort of confident that my waking mind knows what my deep core being needs, as well as the subconscious collective does.

I have had so many dreams that I would have never chosen, which after the fact became very valuable releases of pent up emotions, fears, experiences, and self understanding.

Left to my own I would have missed that.

I don't really believe that is what you are striving for however Coop. If I understand it is control over how you deal with the dream experience more efficiently that you would seek?

• flashingrooster likes this

#442 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:06 PM

I would have to agree that most heavy dreaming for me goes on in the last few hours before you wake up. That seems to be  the times I usually realize it's a dream.  The only form of control i seem to have..

It's got me thinking about the function of waking up in the experience of dreaming

Something found interesting on the net was, that if you want to remember more of your dreams. You have to wake up. So they advised to drink a bunch of water before bed so you get up and pee a few times during the night. I think I would have to support this idea, I feel like a very frequent dreamer these days. It may be due to this unintentional process I do. I neglect drinking enough fluids at work, so when I get home get stoned and pound down the h2O. I does not bother me much as I have to ability to fall back asleep instantly, it's like zombie peeing. Going to place the dream journal by my desk tonight, maybe I will remember to record

#443 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,732 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:00 AM

Skywatcher, my intent would be to return to the place where I am filled with wonder at the depth and detail of my dreams. I also have learning dreams and would not trade them for anything. It's the stress and violence dreams I wish I could get away from. I don't seem to have much control in those ones except for the ability to wake myself when they get bad enough. That usually works reliably for me, but as I have said before you never know when your subconscious will throw you a curveball and sneak one in on you for sure. I really just want to steer the dream enough to explore my dreamscape like I did in the one above there. That was amazing and I took my time and sort of like a video game, I changed direction to go see what I could see, and indeed my conscious assembled some amazing sights for me to see. I love the dreams where I am looking down into clear water. No doubt in my mind they are created from my childhood climbing around on the cliffs at the Limestone Quarry I grew up swimming and fishing in. I always see so much detail in the strata and bottom landscape that is similar to what I could see through the crystal clear water in my childhood. 

• Skywatcher likes this

#444 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:18 AM

I know I had more than one dream last night but all I can remember clearly is a moment where I was shaking a LC jar and noticed my lid had somehow come loose. Culture was on my hands. There is a whole other large dream just out of reach of memory. It feels so close to being able to recall it

I have two jars on the go right now and I think one is contaminated...   Pretty easy to decode that little dream

• Coopdog likes this

#445 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,894 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:29 AM

As usual, I know I did plenty of dreaming, enjoying it at the time, but as soon as I move in the mornings, gonzo. 

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#446 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:46 AM

I woke up as per usual around five times last night. The four am one I can remember thinking, Oh wow I can remember almost the entire dream it's going to be a good one to write down. Went back to sleep and now three hour later when I woke up it is all but gone

• Skywatcher likes this

#447 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,894 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:00 AM

I woke up as per usual around five times last night. The four am one I can remember thinking, Oh wow I can remember almost the entire dream it's going to be a good one to write down. Went back to sleep and now three hour later when I woke up it is all but gone

Sounds like me.  My prostate all but guarantees I will forget my dreams, because when I wake up, it's straight to the toilet.  Moving around takes you away from the dream state so fast it seems.

• Skywatcher likes this

#448 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,732 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:57 PM

Had a similar morning dreaming as the other day, very lucid dreams, but they were all about moving about my house, which was the same house but in better shape and much bigger. The odd thing was that I still had those amazing visual perceptions everywhere I went. The lucidity was in intentionally wandering here and there and taking in the visuals of my dream reality. I went through the house and there was a large central room that was sunken about 4 feet down, and my daughters were doing something to a big elaborate aquarium. I kept floating back and forth between wakefulness and the dream again which was very confusing, and I wondered if I was losing my mind because I could not really tell what one was the dream and what one was real. It was the oddest sensation to think that either one could be. 

I looked out my bedroom window and there were these rusted chain sculptures of some sort. The links were very heavy, about 4 inches long and two wide, and as thick as my finger, and they were welded into specific shapes and I was very concerned that I did not know how they had gotten there under my bedroom window, and I did not know who had done that, nor what they were or the purpose of them. I climbed out my window and examined them but they were a mystery to me. At that point I wandered around the house admiring the rich colors in my dreamscape, like seeing the world on DMT with the rich color scheme that DMT brings when you just dabble with it and don't do enough  to totally black out. 

I stayed with it for as long as I could, but eventually rose to wakefulness and could not get back to sleep. Very interesting not being able to tell what was real and what was not. I love the fact that my dreams are getting richer and more detailed and almost like reality, but with some amazing highlights thrown in. 

• Skywatcher and flashingrooster like this

#449 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:24 PM

I wonder if they always are detailed and its just a matter of memory? This seems to be the case with any I can personally remember. I don't know how to describe it in any other way than second life or reality 

• Skywatcher likes this

#450 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:47 PM

If only we could somehow see another person's dream on a television... But a dream is more than just visuals i suppose, there are feelings and thoughts that go with it

• Skywatcher likes this

#451 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,732 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:28 AM

Saw a video about that a while back that they can indeed transfer dreams to a hard drive and watch them. To me that is truly frightening

• Skywatcher and flashingrooster like this

#452 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 04:31 AM

I just remembered this and you guys are gonna shake your heads, I did, am lol

Few months ago I had a dream in which L Ron Hubbard visited me, he was kinda young reddish complexion. He was kind we talked a moment, and then he suggested I read his book,.. what’s the name? Dianetics? I’ve had some strange dreams but I am chalking it up as I had seen a few things recently at the time about his little cult, which sounds like crap how people are being hurt or whatnot.

I had seen an interview of the head CEO’s father David miscavidge or Paul, on Joe Rogans podcast,. He said he had to Escape! F that. Weird dream though, uncanny.
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher and flashingrooster like this

#453 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,208 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:39 PM

Walked into my house in dream.

Who took my table and put it in my bedroom?
Where's my sunshine yellow Triumph (car) gone? Sold it over ten years ago.
But I think I had it still.
Leonardo effing di Caprio has taken over my house!

Where's my car Leonardo?

Won't answer me. He's making tinned soup.

His friend says " Ahhh Yeah, the trumpy, we got a few dollars for that"
Wtf! Seriously where's my car?

I'm upset. I love that car still.
  • Coopdog, Alder Logs and flashingrooster like this

#454 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,732 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:25 PM

L. Ron Hubbard was a strange man, who's legend is only surpassed by his reality. Dianetics is an interesting book, but the original is a very rare bird, and todays version is a watered down or possibly even altered version at best. Go look at some videos about him and his practices. He was on to something, so much so that much of his original writings have been spirited away.I dug into this many years ago, and the details are not there for me to recall anymore, but it was an interesting rabbit hold to fall in to for a while. I read his book way back when I was young, but I am not sure if it was the original or the watered down version. I think I am going to go order it now and re-read it. Thanks for the idea. 

#455 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 434 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:53 PM

Totally off topic but you guys made me think of the tenacious d song

"Dianetics cure ya much better than Krishna"

"​Dianetics cures ya much better indeed"

[Direct Link]

Edited by flashingrooster, 10 December 2019 - 05:53 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#456 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 424 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:54 AM

I’m honestly trying to talk myself out of the notion that it was more than sheer coincidence. It shared some of the tale tale signs of being synchronicitous... you usually know the difference and my instincts are usually dead on. The bad things I hear make me want to not like the guy, yet, in person he was quite charming, Confident, and appealing.

Here is what I recall,.

The setting was very calm which is strange for a dream usually, there was nothing going on. He was supposed to be the center of attention for the moment. He was wearing a beige suit and he looked a little younger than most documentaries I see of him. In his prime. I remember being quite captivated by him, honestly. When he spoke it was very entertaining. I can’t tell you exactly what we spoke about,. Only that it had a coherent cadence and at the end almost as if he had lost himself in the rhythm of our musings, he seemed to really enjoy the sound of his voice, he interrupted himself in mid lyrical jaunt as if it just hit him “smack” , ‘oh thats right, Read my book dianetics. That’s all for now I really must be going. I can remember his strange kind of smile as if he knew he was very interesting and he told me only in a passing way to read it, which makes me want to read it more now! he apologized for the sudden departure and disappeared.

Edit: I think the stuff he writes sounds interesting and lines up in places with my bullshitometer but some other things just make my mouth taste sour. Idk what to make of things yet

Edited by DarkNchildlike, Yesterday, 12:58 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#457 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 266 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:17 AM

I had a mushroom dream last night. I had left five or six jars and forgotten about them assuming they were dead. Opened up the bin to find all the jars were completely colonized. Too bad it was a dream as I have not yet successfully cultivated grain spawn

You had me cracking up!!

• flashingrooster likes this

#458 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 266 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:24 AM

I’m honestly trying to talk myself out of the notion that it was more than sheer coincidence. It shared some of the tale tale signs of being synchronicitous... you usually know the difference and my instincts are usually dead on. The bad things I hear make me want to not like the guy, yet, in person he was quite charming, Confident, and appealing.

Here is what I recall,.

The setting was very calm which is strange for a dream usually, there was nothing going on. He was supposed to be the center of attention for the moment. He was wearing a beige suit and he looked a little younger than most documentaries I see of him. In his prime. I remember being quite captivated by him, honestly. When he spoke it was very entertaining. I can’t tell you exactly what we spoke about,. Only that it had a coherent cadence and at the end almost as if he had lost himself in the rhythm of our musings, he seemed to really enjoy the sound of his voice, he interrupted himself in mid lyrical jaunt as if it just hit him “smack” , ‘oh thats right, Read my book dianetics. That’s all for now I really must be going. I can remember his strange kind of smile as if he knew he was very interesting and he told me only in a passing way to read it, which makes me want to read it more now! he apologized for the sudden departure and disappeared.

Edit: I think the stuff he writes sounds interesting and lines up in places with my bullshitometer but some other things just make my mouth taste sour. Idk what to make of things yet

Good book or not, I wanna know what happened with his second wife sarah and their daughter alexis... Thats what I wanna know lol

• Coopdog likes this

#459 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,732 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 02:54 AM

Well regardless if it was a life changing dream or not, I ordered the book as soon as I said I was going to. I wrote a book about consciousness and the effects our thoughts actually have on it, and in hindsight, some of his writings were along a similar vein. This should be an interesting read, because I was very young when I read the old one, (It was my mother's book) and I read it along with all sorts of things that were a little ahead of my age and mentality. Should be an interesting trip down memory lane. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!