• Please log in to reply
575 replies to this topic

#461 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:29 PM

Saw a video about that a while back that they can indeed transfer dreams to a hard drive and watch them. To me that is truly frightening

It's a long way's away from actualization I think though. Correct me if I am wrong but, I just read one article in japan about them being around 60 percent accurate. Like they might be able to tell you were dreaming about a chair, but actually re creating the scene that chair was in.

No way

[Direct Link]

Edited by flashingrooster, 12 December 2019 - 07:30 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#462 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,325 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:44 PM

Nice description Flash.

I find it interesting, and somehow significant, how many of us occasionally have dreams of some kind of large complex, well guarded, and with some form of " non-human" , armed characters in the dream.

I personally have had at least 20 or more over a period of years. I know Coop has shared some of these here as well.

It seems we all have some kind of mission or objective, demanding we go into these warehouse complexes. I have had quite a few where I was with captives inside, and trying to get them out.

I also see a correlation often with these dreams and some periods of lucidity.

I would be curious to know how many dreamers out there encounter some form of this what seems like a secret or guarded complex of large, warehouse type buildings, and what they find there in their dreams?

• Coopdog and flashingrooster like this

#463 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 14,981 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:52 AM

For me, it's always old derelict, usually wood framed, structures.  Dangerous to get around because they are falling apart.  But I could never resist places like that in the waking state. 

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and flashingrooster like this

#464 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 02:54 AM

Skywatcher I am so glad you saw this post too. I was just going to say the same thing to Rooster here about all of the similarities of that dream to many we have shared here. That was the entire reason you started this thread and look at all of them that have been posted in here. A while back I started at the beginning one weekend and re-read this entire thread, and it was fascinating to me how much recall I had of ALL of the dreams I wrote about, like real life attention to detail, and even minor things I did not bother with in the original dream. 

Alderlogs man I also dream about derelict places like that, because I grew up in a very old town, with lots of abandoned places and boarded up buildings that were not so tightly boarded up. I have climbed up staircases that were over half collapsed many times, and walked across floors that were in such bad shape that one wrong step would land you on the floor below, and the same thing with rooftops. I always had a thing for rooftops and put myself in a lot of bad situations to find my way up to them.

I once climbed up some deteriorating limestone kilns that were at least 40 feet tall, and the back side had collapsed leaving big pieces of rebar sticking out of the crumbling concrete that we thought would make good handles. I have a scar on my forehead where a large 6-7 inch piece of concrete came loose from the bit piece of rebar I was climbing and hit me hard in the head, make me bleed pretty bad. I thought the guy above me did it on purpose, and jumped back down to the ground, and started peppering him with rocks while he was at the top 35-40 feet above me I ended up hitting the collapsing base of a concrete wall he was hiding behind with one good size rock which made a chunk of concrete that he was hiding behind that was 8 feet long x 3-4 ft tall by nearly a foot thick fall down and nearly took the place he was standing on with it. I was furious that he had hit me in the head until he tearfully explained that he didn't do it, that the rebar itself had fractured it and it had nearly hit him as well. When I realized I was wrong I felt terrible for being so angry, but man it hurt like hell and I was a bloody mess lol. Those kilns were like climbing on castles when we were kids. 

Flashingrooster, man that was a good addition to the thread. You should glance back through the thread for Sky and my posts, as we have both posted similar dreams. The point of this whole thread was to see what similarities we all share in common in the dream world. I think you would find it interesting. Thanks for sharing and you too Alder. I always love your posts and they always bring out some sort of deep memories or deep thought one way or the other in me. Thank you all for being there. 

(Edit to spelling only.......... :biggrin:  )

Edited by Skywatcher, 13 December 2019 - 10:49 PM.

• Skywatcher and flashingrooster like this

#465 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:46 AM

Its funny you should say that, after sky posted I did start to read the thread from the beginning and it was his second post he started talking about the "complex"

Edited by flashingrooster, 13 December 2019 - 11:47 AM.

#466 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 14,981 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:53 AM

I have to admit that I don't read a lot of lengthy posts.  I was really dreaming last night, but it's most all gone now.

#467 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:11 PM

There definitely is something to short and sweet, this is one of the threads I don't mind the long post's

The advice i picked up in this dream thread to write it down sure goes a long way. I woke up for probably the third time at around four am and tried to jot down as much as i could remember. Then again when I woke up at six. When I came home that evening and read it, it instantly refreshed those memories and after some time even more started to surface

• Skywatcher likes this

#468 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:57 PM

I hate it that the "edit" button disappears after a few hours and I wake up the next day and see a post I did not proofread with several typos in it. I type pretty fast but not all that accurate lol so I have to go back and correct my typos. I am usually pretty good for doing that, but was getting ready to play my mandolin when I wrote that post last night and did not. Oh well they are recorded for posterity I suppose :) 

Yeah the "Complex" makes fairly frequent appearances in my dream rotations. The place with big cranes moving large containers is also one that hits me often. I figured it was because I spent a lot of my life as a crane operator, so it's interesting that it appears in yours too. In mine there are lots of cranes over the ceiling of a large industrial type depot or heavy factory type situation. 

I recently answered a question on FB about something and someone said 'GOD!!! Too many words? Who wants to read all of that?" It was maybe two paragraphs and all relevant information to the question asked. Twitter has had  a huge negative effect on the communication today. 20 words or less is all people want to hear. Complex thoughts or real communication is a dying breed I think. I don't mean that as a shot at anyone, but it has come up before, as I tend to be thorough in my answers to questions. I tried to keep that in mind as I wrote my book lol It would have been 4 times thicker if it was published as written. Oh well...

Edited by Coopdog, 13 December 2019 - 04:02 PM.

• Skywatcher and flashingrooster like this

#469 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,325 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:51 PM

I hate it that the "edit" button disappears after a few hours and I wake up the next day and see a post I did not proofread with several typos in it. I type pretty fast but not all that accurate lol so I have to go back and correct my typos. I am usually pretty good for doing that, but was getting ready to play my mandolin when I wrote that post last night and did not. Oh well they are recorded for posterity I suppose :) 

(Got the spelling for you my friend)

• Coopdog likes this

#470 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 14,981 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:53 PM

Look out, Skywatcher is casting spells again!

• Coopdog likes this

#471 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:31 AM

Thank you for that brother, that is more important to me than it ought to be lol. I try hard to be correct in my spelling, even if I do write like I speak, in other words not so grammatically correct, I want my spelling to be good lol. It adds something to the posts in my opinion. 

#472 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:32 AM

Thank you for that brother, that is more important to me than it ought to be lol. I try hard to be correct in my spelling, even if I do write like I speak, in other words not so grammatically correct, I want my spelling to be good lol. It adds something to the posts in my opinion. If i had ore Just glad I am not alone with 

Coop.

Feel ya man, even with my terrible grammar.... I had to let auto correct take care of me on that one 

Just one little mistake in the post make you feel like a simple speaking fool

Edited by flashingrooster, 14 December 2019 - 04:33 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#473 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:35 AM

I once read a book called King rat, recommended to  me by my librarian.. Difficult read, but you realize that is how people talk.  Not so perfect like they want us to think in novels

• Coopdog likes this

#474 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:40 AM

must say, as frustrating as it is to cut off edit times. There is a weird beauty in it

• Coopdog likes this

#475 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 14,981 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:36 PM

I love spell checkers because they save my ass and actually have done a lot to teach me to spell (especially the words I habitually spelled incorrectly -- repeatedly showing my errors until I get it).  I also live next door to an English teacher.  When the lysdexic high school dropout flunky started writing in the mid '80s, she was my proofreader.  She corrects my speech, and explains my grammatical errors in a way that my teachers of old, and my mother who would scold me for bad grammar, never seemed to be able.  Being a convert of sorts, I could easily become the spelling and grammar Nazi (like my mom was).   Being dressed down or scolded doesn't work.  Being guided does. 

I also have this anal dedication to craftsmanship, and whether in the shop, or at the keyboard, the perfectionist tries to win out.   I appreciate what that personality trait does, so I let it be and accept it.   While I'm here, he gets a pass and a thank you. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 14 December 2019 - 12:37 PM.

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#476 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,740 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

Had a dream last night that Snoop Dogg was courting my Mother. He was at her house hanging around. He seemed genuinely into her. I said "This had better not be a passing phase, I don't want her getting hurt by this". He stood his ground and was sincere that his intention was honourable.

He wasn't his public persona, just a humble dude.
I told my Mom about it and she choked herself laughing so hard she nearly passed out.
I met a group of young lads in that dream too who had an older guy with them as a guide. I showed them how to get out of a headlock and into an arm lock of sorts and we shook hands. Dream end
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher and flashingrooster like this

#477 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,740 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:39 PM

Dream today.

Went to buy some smoke from someone. Thought it was twenty five but turned out to be fifty. Paid for it. His courtyard was beautiful. A deck with very high brick wall with plants on it, very serene.
Then I'm on a bus with some tour group.
I met an asian lady up the back and we're flirting.
We arrive at a resort. Nice place. Like Balinese, lots of decking and tropical plants. We're in my room but she has to leave for some reason. She left her phone.
I wonder what's on dream phones. Take a peek. Pictures of whatever she's into, art, dj equipment. That's enough poking around. I take the phone and go find her.
She is talking to another asian lady on the decking, sitting on small chairs. I bow and hold her phone up to her with both hands.
She takes it and smiles.
I say hello to the other lady and take my leave.
I decided to walk on my hands which I hadn't tried before. It feels really real. I can feel my back arch over to keep balance as I take each hand step.

Another Red haired woman finds me amusing and starts talking to me. We like each other and she comes with me.
We decide to sneak into the shower block together.
As we're walking in a few young arab men are getting rude and sleazy towards her. We push past.
We're in a shower cubicle. A crowd of arab and african men have gathered outside the door and trying to push their way in to get to her. I'm holding the door shut but there's a gap they can see through.

One of the Arab guys are dressed in military greens with a towel on his head. He takes a pot shot at me with his pistol but I duck as he fires and it misses.
Far out! What do you have to do to get some privacy around here?
Somehow this young African guy has gotten in and hiding behind the door. I grab the back of his head and throw him out. Someone else shoots a gun and the bullet ricochets five times around the walls before it stops.
I inspect the bullet. Silver and stubbed just like a spent one after hitting a wall. They're all still trying to get in. I'm not scared, just concerned and a little frustrated heh.
Lady friend is still there. I won't let them get to her.
Wake up.

What a strange dream. I don't have anything against Middle eastern people or Africans.

Edited by Justintime, 16 December 2019 - 02:26 PM.

#478 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

This isn't really a dream, but I was just taking a nap. I momentarily woke up and while laying in bed I had reality as it is revealed to me. I forgot after a few minutes, but for a little bit there, laying in bed, I knew what was up. 

If it's something nice and it's so, do I need to remember? Do I need to claim it, by possessing it as my knowledge here? Or is it okay that I forget? 

It's okay to forget. 

Edited by Guy1298, 18 December 2019 - 07:29 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#479 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 14,981 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:15 PM

It's okay to forget. 

That's great because I'm the champ at that.

What were we talking about?

#480 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,740 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:39 PM

Invited to a Russian disco by some Russians I knew but don't know. I used a 3d maker program to make a jet pack
(those programs are too complicated for me to master in waking state but there I was using one). I make the jet pack and we go to this dance club, walk into the crowd and start dancing. They were wearing that bright colored camo gear.Dream ends.

This had to be some kind of "Being John Malkovich" gig.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!