555 replies to this topic

#541 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 01:59 AM

Wimzers. Get hold of a book called Numerology and the Divine triangle. Check your numbers for your real name and decide if those sound more like you.
  • Wimzers likes this

#542 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 936 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 02:55 AM

Numbers don't mean anything to me.

Makes me think of something.

I have a nephew who converted the names of the meds that were prescribed to him into numbers and did a calculation with them. If he didn't like the outcome he would draw the conclusion that he wouldn't take the meds because they were bad. Of course he didn't like the numbers every time, which caused him more trouble than it is worth seeing his condition.

-

@wimzers: Maybe all you need is to remember where you came from, if you think changing your name back to the original one.. I'm not sure it is necessary. You'll figure it out. :wink: I recognize this incertainty about knowing who I am without certain habits I had been stuck in for the better part of my life. I identified very much with those habits and wasn't sure who I was going to be without them. This fear of not knowing who I was without those habits made me return to those habits loads of times, because at least I could then identify with an acquaintant self.

Now those habits are gone I realize this identification was an illusion and I had been myself all the time, nothing really changed even when I hadn't been sober for that period of time - just my perception of my identity had changed. I am still me, like I have always been.

Cheers

Edited by Skywatcher, 23 January 2020 - 10:13 AM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Wimzers like this

#543 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 964 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:26 AM

I was brought up to be incredibly "realistic" which often meant that I rejected people without knowing it. My mother was included in that. Some relationships, etc. Now, I don't have much of an opinion. I spent enough time falling in love with people that I might have called crazy before. And I like not caring or questioning. I've known enough people that were totally excellent and told me some magical things and had magical experiences. 

• Coopdog, Justintime, Wimzers and 1 other like this

#544 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 936 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:36 AM

Not rejecting anyone here Guy1298 and I appreciate the magical insights, I just don't think it's necessary or helpful all the time. I'll keep it at that. Let's not take this discussion off road here, I don't want that.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 23 January 2020 - 04:36 AM.

• Coopdog and Guy1298 like this

#545 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,085 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:33 AM

I seem to need to redirect the conversations in this thread back to the subject of dreams.

Let me reiterate that all opinions are welcome, but it is imperative that these be stated as your own. Keep them in context.

Form your replies with the perimeters of letting each form their own conclusions. I am not going to allow squabbling. Remember to not make disagreements personal.

I have gone through and cleaned up or deleted any posts that were right on the edge or a bit over of becoming personal and possibly interpreted as disrespectful.

Each persons thoughts and comments are welcome here, and none will carry more weight than another.................

Edited by Skywatcher, 23 January 2020 - 10:36 AM.

• Coopdog, Alder Logs and RainbowCatepillar like this

#546 Wimzers

Wimzers

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:55 AM

Wimzers. Get hold of a book called Numerology and the Divine triangle. Check your numbers for your real name and decide if those sound more like you.

My mother was deep into numerology, tarot, and rune casting at one point in her life and shared them with me. Oddly enough the numbers didn't change with my adopted name. This book might be different in how it calculates the end result. I remember my life path being a 7. I can't recall the others right now. I'm not against numerology. or anything that gives a person a righteous path. Right now I'm learning about Hinduism and meditation. I've read about meditation in the past, but I wasn't able to focus because of hangovers and depression/anxiety. Thank you for the advice. 

@wimzers: Maybe all you need is to remember where you came from, if you think changing your name back to the original one.. I'm not sure it is necessary. You'll figure it out. :wink: I recognize this incertainty about knowing who I am without certain habits I had been stuck in for the better part of my life. I identified very much with those habits and wasn't sure who I was going to be without them. This fear of not knowing who I was without those habits made me return to those habits loads of times, because at least I could then identify with an acquaintant self.

Now those habits are gone I realize this identification was an illusion and I had been myself all the time, nothing really changed even when I hadn't been sober for that period of time - just my perception of my identity had changed. I am still me, like I have always been.

I know parts of myself that I don't think will change. The part of caring for others has always been consistent deep down. I wrote "deep down" because rage has showed it's ugly head a few times brought on by the sauce and I know that isn't me. 

Identification is a word I've ran across in Hinduism and didn't realize the impact it had. Stopping the sauce has cleared the table for me and I need to see what's out there that I identify with now. 

I know I identify with Mycotopia because some of you are nuts and that makes me feel at home. Thank you for taking the time. 

Edited by Wimzers, 23 January 2020 - 11:04 AM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Moonless like this

#547 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:42 AM

I would usually wake up doing wing Chun moves as if I were fighting in the Aluna. But recently I have a staff instead and am using that. I have no idea of what i get up to there. I voiced my intention a long time ago that I didn't want to know about it. I bash demons gleefully as far as I can tell. I'm different there.
  • Coopdog likes this

#548 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 964 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:14 PM

I had a couple dreams last night. 

One: I met with an old friend. And we were friendly again. I've had this happen a number of times. Friends that have disappeared or are not friends anymore seem to pop up in my dreams from time to time showing me that they are indeed still friends. Often it provides dream-like closure that transfers into waking life. 

Two: I found myself in a house that was lived in by a lot of dark-skinned people. I remember going from room to room, seeing everyone. Eventually, I sat in the middle of the house. And I felt that there was a familial connection between the people there. A warmth not in my usual homely life. Then I woke. 

@Rutger: Yeah, there's a reason why I'm careful to speak from my own experience and personal observations. The scenario just made me consider that I have rejected people on those grounds. Actually, I woke up out of dead-sleep, looked at this thread, wrote that statement spontaneously and fell back to sleep. 

Edited by Guy1298, 23 January 2020 - 06:14 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Justintime like this

#549 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:56 PM

Wimzers you are you and there is nobody else out there like you.. Your identity is something that is always changing, so just think of it as you are in a transition and looking for something new. I think ton's of people struggle with a sense of identity at different points in their life. One can feel secure with an identity for years and have it pulled out from under them in an instant.  This is where Alder would chime in and tell you it's not important to even have an identity. That you are just an observer, and these things we think and see are not you.

I can associate with not feeling comfortable with one's name. Although mine were for more selfish reason's of just wishing it was cooler. An insecurity thing it looks to be

• Skywatcher and Wimzers like this

#550 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,774 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:22 AM

Numerology has never made a good impression on me whatsoever. It's like astrology, (to me anyhow) nothing substantial that relates to anything in my life and I mean no disrespect to anyone who follows it in any way. We all have our own madness :) Carry on whatever you all believe in. I support your right to believe whatever helps you through the day. :)

• Skywatcher, Guy1298, SteampunkScientist and 5 others like this

#551 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,041 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:09 PM

Looking for patterns in the randomness is what our sensory systems do. You see a face in the bark of a tree. Is it a face?

Patterns in series of numbers, these can be the same thing... Mathematics studies these things.

But sometimes, many times those patterns may have no significant meaning to our lives.

It's an interesting problem to consider the boundary between when patterns matter, and when they don't. It's not a hard line, but quite fuzzy.
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher and RutgerHauer like this

#552 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,774 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:40 AM

That is for sure, and no argument from me on that. I thought about this and came to the conclusion that I believe my entire aversion to numerologe is the Numbers lady on Coast to Coast. She spouts numbers so fast and so randomly that I fail to see how any of it connects in any way but in her mind, and her methods are vague and have no continuity to them to me at least. I have actually seen a astrologer who was amazingly psychic, whether or not it had to do with the stars... well either way she was amazingly psychic. :)

• Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#553 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 825 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:38 PM

Had a vivid trippy dream last night. I can't recall what the dream was about, there was one specific moment that remains in my memory. We were in some sort of competition with an antagonist. This person morphed into a giant liquid metallic being that encapsulated us and created a sort of trap. The inside of it being dark and shiny at the same time, like a bunch of alternating lights. However the shine was actually the object constantly moving around us. It's hard to describe such a thing,  It was so strange I feel like my mind had to remember it

Edited by flashingrooster, 11 February 2020 - 03:39 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Moonless like this

#554 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,774 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:47 AM

I have had a similar thing in a dream of some metallic being that morphed around us and would take us to different worlds. I think it came from a show I saw that said some of the UFO's were living things. 

Just changed to a new shift, (Very early dayshift) so having weird stress dreams, last night is the first night of lucid dreaming since I changed time schedules. Dreamed I was some sort of scammer or con artist in an old abandoned mountain town. People were trying to rebuild parts of it, but as in a lot of my dreams there were places to go underground and several times i sort of strarted sliding into the holes but managed to get back out. We had some sort of scam going on where we would put on a sort of show, and while it was going on we were making bets in the audience and at the same time taking small items from the people we were fleecing. Really weird dream because I had a tiny razor sharp hook knife that I used for wallets by slashing the pocket and they would practically fall into my hand and we were quite adept at it. I had a dark skinned lady companion, like native american, plain and undistinguished looking but who looked kind enough that you took no notice of her as she walked by you taking your stuff. Really weird dream, but it was nice to have my lucidity back and I woke up feeling the best that I have felt since starting this backwards schedule. The clock seems like an alien creature to me. It never reads the right time lol

• Skywatcher, Justintime and flashingrooster like this

#555 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 2,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:01 AM

I wasn't interested in dreams anymore really.

But this one seemed important.

Simple dream.

I was atop of a shopping produce shelving. Really tall and long. Full of items. It had wheels and I was riding it out of a supermarket.
People were angry, in a fray. A few of them were trying to stop me. The place was a mess. End

That was a few weeks ago.

I think I'll go buy a few sacks of rice and torch batteries.

https://www.nzherald...jectid=12305122

#556 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 825 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 03:25 PM

"I had a sex dream, I  had a sex dream, I had a sex dream, hey hey hey..."

[Direct Link]

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!