#682 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,984 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2021 - 10:16 PM

Surgery went well, and I regained a small amount of movement immediately, which is a very good sign for long term recovery. However they told me the 2nd and 3rd day I was in for some significant discomfort, as they had to shove my Trachea and Esophagus and associated muscles out of the way. They were certainly not lying and I have had one hell of a rough day today. Can barely talk and that comes with a lot of pain. They also really messed up my larynx with the ventilator they shoved down into my lungs. It is swollen and extremely uncomfortable. Been sucking on ice chips most of the day since to ease the discomfort of that and try to get the swelling down. 

Been eating pain pills every four hours with Promethazine so I can keep them down. They said after tomorrow I should start to turn the corner and get better, and I can't wait. Thank you all for thinking about me. Rough surgery, but if it helps me regain my music and get back to my job, it will indeed be worth it. 

Much love and thank you!

• Skywatcher, Juthro, OldBear and 2 others like this

#683 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,114 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2021 - 10:29 PM

Wishing you nothing but love, and wellness, Coop.  May you heal fast and well my brother.

• coorsmikey, Coopdog and ElPirana like this

#684 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,018 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:06 PM

Dreaming has been a blissful escape lately. To be able to live all these different lives and have these out of this world experiences is amazing, even if you only remember fragments of the good one's its worth it. A couple of nights ago I just started dating a new woman who was a semi famous rock star, that one was a blast.

I have been thinking about my reoccurring anxiety dreams and as someone who procrastinates I think its a manifestation from a build up of the to do list piling up in my mind. As well it may come from the grander scheme as a single man without children one's mind can't help but wonder if I have wasted to much time to recover, the feeling of not being where I should be, or am expected to be, or where I want to be I can't be sure.

In these dreams I am often trying to accomplish a task and for whatever various reason's it's delayed and I fail to get it done. The most frequent one involves a scenario where I am moving back home from the city and expect everything to fit into the back of a pickup truck so I only have to make one trip. It never works out that way, one coming to mind while typing this was a camping trip. Only this time I had two vehicles and only one driver to get them home. I should really try to document when I am having them and take a notice if it's due to work stress built up or just general laziness that allows the organization of my house to get out of control.

After I got my sleep apnia machine I started to take more notice of the quality of sleep I was getting, before I relied purely on what time I went to bed versus what time I had to get up. Just counting the time my body was in the bed. Now focusing on trying to improve sleep quality by practicing what they like to call sleep hygiene. Things we have been told to do but decide not to for whatever reasons. Like trying not to take to many of those temping afternoon naps, I find too much of that leads to trouble falling asleep come 10:00. No caffeine past the late afternoon.

Alcohol of course is a crap shoot, while it does make me fall asleep quickly there is a backlash come 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning when I wake up sweating and thirsty, tossing and turning trying to fall back asleep. To hot then then too cold, this is the thing I found effects my sleep quality the most.

Slowing the mind down is important, if I am doing active engaging things right before I hop into bed it takes too long for my mind to unwind, good ol commercial free television quickly lulls me to sleep, I think its the audio component that does it for me. Instrumental music at a low volume also works for me. Yoda's theme come on, frigging beauty in simplicity and a magical child like nostalgia washes over me that is irreplaceable

Those nights when the mind is racing are the worst for being able to fall asleep quickly.

Then there is a bad habbit I need to break of drinking coffee all morning and scarcely a sip of water until it's too late and you realize how thirsty you are. Slamming all that water after 6:00 pm is not good for a small bladder like mine, my mind is so conditioned from constantly getting up to pee I often get up when I really didn't need to.

Undecided on eating late, as long as it's not a huge meal it seems to be okay for now, but I am suspecting that big sugar injections that late are causing poor sleep quality due to the drop in blood sugar that would come later on. Somewhat similar to the alcohol problem. Those day's when I didn't eat properly can be disastrous, come 9:30 a raging stoner can down massive amounts of the sugary goodness. So I clear my cabinets of the snacks but eventually the always seem to find their way back.

That will be the focus for the next little while. Just trying to limit the damn sugar all together but easier said than done, I do have quite a sweet tooth at times.

My hope is that this will also increase the dream quality, but it's a bit of a mixed bag in the sense that the more you wake up during the night the more you will remember your dreams.

Congratulations if you made it to the end of that rant, thanks for letting me throw my brain up on the wall guys

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 22 January 2021 - 05:20 PM.

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#685 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,984 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:15 PM

I have been on narcotics for the last 8 days. Only taking them at night for the last three. That has squashed my dreamscape for now,  but I am hoping it will come back as the narcotics go away. Got up and went into town today and ran a few errands, should have listened to the doc and my wife, as now my neck is pretty aggravated. Still gonna tough it out until bedtime for pain meds though. 

As for making necessary changes in my life, I find totalitarian decisions to be completely against my personality traits lol. I don't eat a lot of sweets but every now and then I buy a XL Hershey's bar and eat it in a couple days. I am limited on late night food by my acid reflux, which is no joke and is a big enough deterrent to keep me from eating past 3-4 hours before bedtime. I still struggle with my weight, especially since I have been hurt and stuck with a more or less sedentary life for now. Hoping as this surgery heals I will be able to get back to moving around a lot more. 

Edited by Coopdog, 22 January 2021 - 05:16 PM.

• Skywatcher and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#686 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,984 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 02:00 PM

The last three days I only took my pain meds at night. Going without during the day has resulted in some of the most vivid dream imagery I have ever seen. I dreamed I was at work, and walking past one of the big bay doors out back when I noticed what I at first thought was an immense concrete black wall stretching nearly as far as I could see. As I walked outside I realized this was a gigantic block of stacked concrete blocks, and thought to myself, "Wow, they are going to build one hell of a building with all those!" The dream was so real I thought I was at work, I could even smell the wet rainy night as I walked outside. When I came back in though, my familiar dreamscape of the industrial facility is what I came in to. 

There were IMMENSE earth moving machines and they had made holes half a mile across, moving enought Earth in one load to cover a city block. Gigantic diesel powered machines. It appeared they were looking for gold, as the earth went into giant vibrating machines that broke it down and grinded it up. The noise was unbelievably loud. I was traversing this huge worksite, moving nimbly from machine to machine. Most I did not even know what they were, but some it was obvious were huge shovels that would take cavernous bites and move it somewhere else. At some point in this I became lucid and did some flying around, swooping down into the huge holes and up over the top of the lumbering machines. 

Of course there was a water feature in my dream, there almost always is. I could see colorful fish flashing here and there under the water. Then I became aware my wife and family were staying at a sort of add on Thai style resort thing with bamboo structure and palm frond roof right in the middle of this noisy industrial muddy mess. I invited my wife to come down to the water, and I went into the water and was catching small Betta style fish with my hands, in a beautiful array of colors and showing them to my wife. I caught what I thought was a black and white clownfish, but it turned out to be some kind of small monkey with 6 legs. My daughter, who was just a toddler was also splashing around in the water trying to catch fish, and I kept having to put her back closer to the edge as she kept moving out until the water was up to her neck, but then a guy came and told us to get out of the water in what I took to be Thai or Philippine language. 

There was so much more to this dream that I wish I could portray. It was so real and vivid. Glad to see my dreamscape again. 

• Skywatcher and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#687 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,018 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 04:17 PM

The other night all that remains was this moment where my cat was outside and I was looking at it from inside, later noticing two cat's and eventually three that all had similar color patterns to the point I was confused which one was V

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!