972 replies to this topic

#941 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2021 - 08:40 AM

I'm driving along a shoreline road at dusk.
I never dream of my Mom's bit she's in the passenger seat. She tries to give me a kiss on the cheap and I get angry because I don't like public affection like that. O start blowing up.
Suddenly see all kinds of people hurrying along the side of the road coming towards us.
I instinctively 180 degree turn the car and talk to the people.
Something big is coming.
I drive the car to an elevated piece of land where there's some maritime museum.
I'm in the carpark and look at the ocean.
Large waves are rolling in.
Three waves come each bigger than the other.
The last almost swamping the carpark.
People are running into the building.
We go inside but I lose sight of my Mom's.
For some reason I feel I need to go back to the car.
I can't find my way out.
The stairs are like a maze
I try to take a shortcut and slide under a glass cabinet but it's too narrow a space and I get stuck under it laying on my back. I can't get out.
Wake up.
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#942 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2021 - 12:17 PM

No one else dreaming lately either?
  • Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#943 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,027 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2021 - 10:08 AM

I have been dreaming a ton lately, just can't seem to remember. More traveling, I have images of flights and hotels. Feels like returning to some dreams I have had before

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#944 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 965 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2021 - 12:26 PM

Like Rooster, I’ve been dreaming a lot, but they fade too fast to write down upon waking.

I’ve got a couple dreams that took place last month that were very abnormal for me. Both dreams ended in violence, one with me as the attacker and the other I was the victim. I was a little unsure about posting here, but some time has gone by and I’d be ok with it, just need some time to type them up.
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#945 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2021 - 03:08 PM

I have indeed been dreaming, but very mundane things, like a day at work in another dimension, or dealing with difficult people where I really work. Seems to be a huge part of the job there, and I joke to the new people that the reason we make good money is that half is for work, and half is for putting up with the assholes and not killing them. Had a very involved bad dream about this vaccination and problems it caused but can't remember enough of it to even have anything to write. I'm still here, but I think I am dealing with some clinical depression due to the unexpected painful turns my life keeps on tossing at me. Right now I am just trying to keep putting one foot in front of the other waiting for something good to happen. 

• Skywatcher, ElPirana and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#946 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 965 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2021 - 08:05 PM

Like Rooster, I’ve been dreaming a lot, but they fade too fast to write down upon waking.

I’ve got a couple dreams that took place last month that were very abnormal for me. Both dreams ended in violence, one with me as the attacker and the other I was the victim. I was a little unsure about posting here, but some time has gone by and I’d be ok with it, just need some time to type them up.

ok, so again, these are very abnormal dreams for me:

12 Oct 2021

I am outside with a group of people.  It feels “Walking Dead”-like, but without the zombies; sort of an end-of-the-world feel.

I was with our leader at a bench outside.  She was middle-aged, orange color hair, very serious.  She made some kind of threatening gesture and I pulled out two knives to defend myself, holding an all-black knife in one hand and a stainless steel (handle too) in the other hand in a defensive posture.  She stopped and continued an explanation of what our plan was.

I gave the knives back to the leader, they belonged to her.

She was sending me and three other people out on a mission.  We went to this building, modern looking with some glass walls.  We went down a stairway.  Then four strangers appeared with guns.  They looked young, late teen or early twenties, one of them was just a kid, middle school age.  They all had guns.

My cohorts pulled out their guns and pointed them at the intruders.  I pulled out the stainless steel knife.  I didn’t have the black knife, the leader must not have given it back to me.  The knife was thinner, but still big enough.

I made the move.  I stabbed the first person.  I moved to the second person, tried stabbing them in the back but hesitated, then stabbed three times in the center of the back.  Another one pointed a gun at me.  I got close, realizing they would not shoot.  I finished stabbing all of them.

I didn’t like it much, but it felt necessary.  Then I saw none of them was dying.  I didn’t want them to suffer.  I went up to the first one and stabbed him in the neck so that he could bleed out quickly.  It seemed like it should work.  I did the same to the other three.  I was especially concerned about the young one.

Now, it turns out they still did not die.  So they tagged along with us.  We broke into a room and stole something.  Then we went outside.  There was a van or a truck.  It was armored. I started pouring a liquid (that we must’ve stolen) onto the back window and it froze immediately.  The window could be smashed when it was frozen like that.  We continued until we could access what was inside and take it.

25 Oct 2021

I was with my wife.  (early part of the dream is hard to remember, this picks up in the middle)  We were on our way home, walking.  We were coming down the hill, on the street but still walking.  I had a hard time keeping up.  There was a lot of snow on the ground.  I was stepping through deep snow, out in the road while my wife was over on the sidewalk.

There’s an abandoned vehicle on the side of the street.  It’s a white pickup, maybe a dually.  As I came upon it, I started going around the back of it in the snow.

Back behind me on the sidewalk, I could see there were people coming down the hill quickly.  They must be running.  They seemed young, a little out of control.

I ran toward the sidewalk hoping to find my wife before the other people got there.  But they arrived just as I got to the sidewalk.  I was then running with them, still heading the same direction, toward home.

We got to our apartment building, but they were going down to the bottom apartment while I headed up the stairs to my apartment on the third floor.  I noticed my wife had made it home OK ahead of me.

She must have gone back to the bedroom to change clothes.  So I went into another room where my closet was.  I took off my button shirt so that I could hang it up.  I noticed the plaid design, I guess typical of my shirts, but it looked interesting with some purple lines running through it.  I begin buttoning it so I can hang it up and I see some dirt on the side.

My wife stormed into the room.  She was very upset, yelling at me, asking me something like Why had I left her?!?

She grabbed my arms, pinning them back.  She was glaring at me so angry.  Then she started kicking at my head, not hitting it but so close that I could hear the air coming from her foot into my left ear.  She was screaming “Why? Why? Why?” and kicking with each “Why?” quickly, the sound and feeling in my ear each time.  I cowered, defending myself…

And then I woke up, heart racing, still hearing the kicks in my ear.

#947 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,995 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2021 - 09:42 PM

I have to say ElPirana, my like is a thank you for sharing, not an enjoyment of what is an obviously disturbing dream.

• Coopdog and ElPirana like this

#948 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 965 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2021 - 05:51 PM

I have to say ElPirana, my like is a thank you for sharing, not an enjoyment of what is an obviously disturbing dream.

Thanks Skye.  Even as uncomfortable as the dreams are, it is interesting to reflect on them.  One thing I find fascinating is that unlike normal waking life, in these dreams (and others) there's no hesitation.  It's like there's a path I'm following and I'm not doubting or questioning myself as I go about acting it out, even when it's completely different than how I normally act.  I wonder why there's such diversity in these dreams, is a part of my mind trying to work things out, or does my mind just like to play other roles from time to time?

#949 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:04 PM

Growing up where I did, violence was just part of the culture. Here after having been in the Pacific NW for 36 years, where people simply do not fight like that, I think I blow off steam in my dreams that I can't take care of in real life here. I have some gnarly bloody violent dreams sometimes, not as often as I used to, but it's still there and comes out from time to time. Glad it's only in my dreams nowadays. I rarely discuss those though, because there is just no point in it for me, and I would prefer to just not even put myself into that mindset even to relate them when it serves nothing, just like it didn't serve when I was a kid. 

• Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#950 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:16 PM

Sorry to stray off topic here, but I was curious if anyone's done or tried things to increase either dream frequency or intensity.

I rarely have/remember dreams, in fact, when I was on the nicotine patch I enjoyed sleeping with it on as it provided for some vivid dreaming. Usually a bit odd, but I was happy to have them.

I had searched a little on lucid dreaming, but figured I'd ask here after seeing this thread.

Edit: For some reason a reoccurring dream I had as a youth popped to mind. It's vague, so bear with me, but I was on some kind of platform, like a ladder but horizontal, crawling to the end which was a silo or some kind of round structure. I felt a grave fear of falling, and then the platform would give way and I'd wake just as I'd start falling but have the falling feeling of weightlessness. Waking, I'd always feel very disoriented and scared, but only lasted a few seconds.

Edited by Micogi, 10 November 2021 - 03:22 PM.

• Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#951 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,995 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2021 - 03:45 PM

Sorry to stray off topic here, but I was curious if anyone's done or tried things to increase either dream frequency or intensity.

I realize this thread has become immense, with way too much content to browse through in any reasonable span of time, but the subject of improving dream frequency and increasing the recall has been talked about quite a few times.

There are herbs that increase your dreaming, such as mugwort , and blue lotus to name a few, with many more out there.

There are also ways to "train" your subconscious dreaming mind to be more accessible to the waking mind, improving recall and awareness of your dream life. We all dream, every night. Even those who swear they never dream, can learn to find that they do dream, and start to access these valuable windows to our core being, and the communications and processing of our true feelings and mental states.

Some of these techniques float around the edges of shamanism, but several good starter methods are to keep writing material by the bed, and try to not force yourself to not immediately fully awaken quickly. Being awakened from a sound sleep will usually have some residual memory of what you were dreaming, which can fade really fast.

The training of the subconscious mind requires to some extent, acceptance of what are not always "logical" methods.

The desire to become more in touch with your dreaming mind is in itself a very helpful first step.

Edited by Skywatcher, 10 November 2021 - 06:11 PM.

• Coopdog, ElPirana and Micogi like this

#952 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 04:05 PM

Thanks, and apologies, I'll skim through the thread as it is something I've wanted to "develop".

As well you've given me a couple pointers to refine and expand upon research wise.

• Coopdog likes this

#953 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,995 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2021 - 04:42 PM

I have had a progressing series of dreams over the last year involving my Koi pond, in a much more elaborate series of pools, water courses, and waterfalls than in actuality. Up until last night, there were catastrophic leaks, breakdowns of filtration , and ongoing construction going very wrong with collapses in these dreams. I was panicked and upset, trying to repair things but unable to do so. Some of my favorite Koi at times were being harmed of swept away in floods from wall breaks pouring out downhill. There were several dreams where I swam under one of the waterfalls to find large wide chambers , hidden from view. These have been disturbing dreams in that my mind when awake, has considered the pond and waterfall a source of calm and tranquility for me, and these dreams are about its destruction and failure...

Just writing this out is clarifying some of the symbolism to me.

Last night was very different. I was very high up on a mountain, overlooking a river and riverbed. I was talking to someone, but have no recollection of there being anyone there. I feel like this place was still my home, but it was forested and rock outcroppings, and the impression was that my house was behind, but not visible. The area to my right side was a creek bed that had eroded a sizable channel that ran down to a Lagoon like pool area in the edge of the river. I could see an amazing amount of detail, with sandbars, deep-water channels, and small island like areas covered in cattail and grasses.

The river was not fast moving, more meandering, and the water was clear and a beautiful aqua color.

I was aware that the broken remains of my Koi pond was at the end of the creek beside me. Now broken apart and empty. I was more surprised in a happy way to see that my Koi were living happily in the Lagoon area of the river below. I was telling the unseen person beside me that it was cool that the fish were uninterested in leaving the Lagoon, seeming to want to stay in the area were they were raised and lived their lives, even though they were unrestricted from leaving to swim down the river if they wanted.

The dream gave me a peaceful feeling, acceptance like. I am not positive what the koi and the pond with the river all symbolize, but it very much feels like I have reached a point where I am accepting that I can't fix this, but have not really lost it either.

Edited by Skywatcher, 12 November 2021 - 09:49 AM.

• Coopdog, ElPirana, Salty117 and 1 other like this

#954 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,027 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2021 - 05:58 PM

I think it could be a very beautiful dream you had there Sky. It might have been your subconscious working out something that you have been grappling with deeply. Your descriptions of that dream sound really nice to me, about acceptance, letting go of fear, and a feeling of something like, what we think is the end is not that, it actually continues on.

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 10 November 2021 - 05:58 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#955 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,995 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2021 - 06:22 PM

Thanks, and apologies, I'll skim through the thread as it is something I've wanted to "develop".

As well you've given me a couple pointers to refine and expand upon research wise.

No apologies needed. It's always a good question. We will try to help you with this. You have already discovered that a stimulant like nicotine makes you sleep more in a lighter sleep than a deep sleep, and the lighter sleep stage is where the REM state occurs, where dreaming happens.

Are you more interested in dream enhancing herbs or mind conditioning? Mind training is not an overnight occurance, but will give you more control over the tools that help you experience a more active dream life.

#956 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 965 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2021 - 07:01 AM

I have had a progressing series of dreams over the last year involving my Koi pond, in a much more elaborate series of pools, water courses, and waterfalls than in actuality. Up until last night, there were catastrophic leaks, breakdowns of filtration , and ongoing construction going very wrong with collapses in these dreams. I was panicked and upset, trying to repair things but unable to do so. Some of my favorite Koi at times were being harmed of swept away in floods from wall breaks pouring out downhill. There were several dreams where I swam under one of the waterfalls to find large wide chambers , hidden from view. These have been disturbing dreams in that my mind when awake, has considered the pond and waterfall a source of calm and tranquility for me, and these dreams are about its destruction and failure...

Just writing this out is clarifying some of the symbolism to me.

Last night was very different. I was very high up on a mountain, overlooking a river and riverbed. I was talking to someone, but have no recollection of there being anyone there. I feel like this place was still my home, but it was forested and rock outcroppings, and the impression was that my house was behind, but not visible. The area to my right side was a creek bed that had eroded a sizable channel that ran down to a Lagune like pool area in the edge of the river. I could see an amazing amount of detail, with sandbars, deep-water channels, and small island like areas covered in cattail and grasses.

The river was not fast moving, more meandering, and the water was clear and a beautiful aqua color.

I was aware that the broken remains of my Koi pond was at the end of the creek beside me. Now broken apart and empty. I was more surprised in a happy way to see that my Koi were living happily in the Lagune area of the river below. I was telling the unseen person beside me that it was cool that the fish were uninterested in leaving the Lagune, seeming to want to stay in the area were they were raised and lived their lives, even though they were unrestricted from leaving to swim down the river if they wanted.

The dream gave me a peaceful feeling, acceptance like. I am not positive what the koi and the pond with the river all symbolize, but it very much feels like I have reached a point where I am accepting that I can't fix this, but have not really lost it either.

Skye, I hope you don't mind if I share what immediately came to mind when I was reading about your series of dreams.

For some time I have seen your comments occasionally that your partner has been dealing with a number of health issues which have been progressively getting worse.  The koi could represent your partner, the leaks & breakdowns in filtration can represent health issues.  In your dreams you are panicked and upset, unable to repair things, this could be a deep feeling of helplessness in helping your partner.

In your latest dream, it may represent that a part of you has found acceptance and come to peace with your situation.

#957 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,995 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2021 - 10:13 AM

Thank you ElPirana. I also have drawn the same or similar conclusions. The health issues are defiantly part of it. The pond also symbolizes what we have built together, and the Koi our creations of beauty we have made over many years. This home we have grown comfortable into.

There has been a improvement for now, with the addition of oxygen, in the breathing issues. But we have recently decided we will need to sell this home as we have burned through a substantial amount of savings with years of medical bills, and those aren't going to stop. Hopefully we can find something smaller and less expensive...........

I had hoped to stay here and love this home, but I think I have finally accepted that we need to move on. It's a massive undertaking I will be tackling on my own. Not looking forward to it, but it's necessary......

#958 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2021 - 10:31 AM

Dreamed of my Grandmother this morning. In the dream she was very disturbed and was busily cleaning and getting her house in order. She took me aside and we sat on the edge of her bed, and she painfully confessed to me that her and my grandfather had planted a bunch of pot out in the country by the dump years ago, and that she had put aside a lot of money from that. Not sure why that was so painful for her to tell me, but then she said she had a twin brother named Harold and that she wished I would try to find him before time got away from us. Next thing I knew I was taking off on a quest to Shenandoah Idaho to see if I could find her brother. Very odd dream. Disturbingly real

Edited by Skywatcher, 12 November 2021 - 05:12 PM.

#959 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,027 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2021 - 01:09 PM

Hugs brother Sky

• Skywatcher likes this

#960 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,303 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2021 - 11:35 PM

Sky, man we have shared many similar dream imaging, but a constant for me is a world under the water that just opens up and is endlessly beautiful. Even if you find it by catastrophic means, try to explore it. The surface of the water seems to me to be a portal to a whole other reality, and my Shaman teacher taught me that very often that is a gateway worth exploring, and a door to a whole other world. This is often the path a shaman takes to find another world, whether it is up in vibration or down seems to be subjective. I have found amazing things under the water that I have done my best to describe in this thread. You are right it has become very deep, but I am glad it is still all in one place, just speaking for myself. I would hate for it to become lost in the archives. I have gotten so much enjoyment out of reading it again from time to time. Explore under the water, when the world under the surface opens up, for me at least it gets amazingly beautiful and interesting. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!