#961 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,344 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2021 - 03:01 PM

I meant to say Shenandoah Iowa. I wish the edit function would stay up longer on here. I hate having typos recorded for posterity lol

Last night I dreamed of swimming through several big tankline buildings in some old crumbling old factory. The water was obviously contaminated. The first one I jumped into there were some mean women there, bitching about all my clothes floating around and I was swimming around trying to gather my laundry into a wet cardboard box I was trying to hold onto as I swam, Never did get it all together, then I got out and went through a door into one where there was a big complicated looking machine in the tank, like the water was cooling it. There were two guys I know swimming laps in it, and all of them were about 25-30 yards long. The next one was about 50 feet square and again was cooling some kind of big complicated looking machine. Two guys were target shooting in there and the noise was very loud. 

I attempted to go back and gather my laundry again, but inadvertantly got into the wrong tank and this water was either acidic or alkaline and started burning my skin immediately, but when I went to get out the way I came in was just a wall. I realized it was cardboard and tried to reach high enough to grab the edge of a piece and make a hole to get out of but it was tough, and by now my skin was on fire. This dark crumbling industrial factory setting plays out in my dreams one heck of a lot. 

Strange dreams and not sure what to make of them lol My brain comes up with some of the strangest stuff to amuse itself when I am sleeping. 

Edited by Coopdog, 12 November 2021 - 03:03 PM.

• Skywatcher, Justintime and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#962 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,137 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2021 - 12:21 PM

I have been remembering in my dreams more lately, like memories of past dreams, in the current dream if that makes any sense. Like Coop I seem to be visiting these certain places often. It is pretty trippy to think about having memories that may or may not be real. How does my mind truly know the difference? A memory is a memory no? I guess not all memories are created equal

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 15 November 2021 - 12:22 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Justintime and 1 other like this

#963 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,344 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2021 - 11:27 PM

Today I have been trying to figure out how to articulate my dreams last night. I was in a Northern coastal village, near a marina with old school boats tied up. (Picture something like Newfoundland or Eastern Canada.) The house had two warm rooms heated by a central hearth. The rest had few windows and was open to the cold. Heavy weather, rainy and near freezing. There was an older woman, she was sad, and forlorn, and an old man who was very harsh, and a guy about my age who seemed like a spirit sometimes, and at other times as solid as anyone else. 

I wandered around outside, we were a ways from the actual big water, but in front was a large deep clear water pool, like it was built to gather drinking water. I looked down into it but it seemed to be just that, a pool of water about 15 feet deep and 40x20 feet or so and was full of fresh water, even this near the ocean. The house was mostly open to the elements, and everything was wet and cold, the wind was blowing pretty good. I had found an old book to read, just like me to find myself a book. I found it in the open room behind the house and it was hidden behind some things leaning against the wall. It was hand bound, and two inches thick or so, and seemed to have very thick pages made of woven thread like linen. I read the book and it seemed like it was hinting at something, but wasn't making much sense, and I was frustrated in not making sense of it. 

I went back out front and dove into the clear cold water, and it was fine, not too cold at all. Dove down deep and found myself with the guy my age, and he told me the book had a whole other level to it, but you had to unravel the woven fabric to read it. I came back up and discussed this with the sad lady, and she thought I had seen her son, and just shook her head when I told her about the book, like I was wasting my time. That was where I had the impression I was speaking with a spirit rather than a real person under the water. 

I took out the book, and was concerned that my hands were wet, but I went to the back page, and found a loose thread. I pulled on it and realized that everywhere the thread had unraveled that there was writing. I couldn't understand it though. Then I turned the book upside down, and the back was the front, and as the pages unravelled, there was writing there, describing the end of life as we know it, and Gods or demons coming down from the sky destroying everything. I took the book to the old lady, and she was shocked to read what I showed her, and called her husband, who smacked the book out of my hands. I was shocked as it seemed to be something completely precious in my eyes, and I wanted badly to finish reading it, but when I picked it up the writing had gotten wet, and I could no longer discern it. 

I was mortified as it seemed to be some secret message that we were supposed to share or at least read. I jumped back in the pool trying to find the guy who told me about it, but he was not there no matter how deep I tried to go. I searched in vain for the place where I had found him, but he was not there. When I went back up and into the house, he was in the same room with his mother, but was just so sad, and would not answer me or my questions, and the book had just sort of fallen apart. He was lost and so was I. I was so damn upset that I had not gotten to read it, and that the man had knocked it out of my hands. It was a message I was supposed to read... 

Woke up so caught up in the dream, but it was not there for me when I fell back to sleep. :( Man the stuff my brain comes up with to amuse itself sometimes. Makes me wonder very often if it is all real or not. This was just as real as sitting here in my bed describing it to you. SMH

EDIT: A whole other world under the surface of clear water is a constant in my dream world...

Edited by Coopdog, 16 November 2021 - 11:28 PM.

• Skywatcher, Justintime, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#964 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,137 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2021 - 08:10 PM

I had this bizarre dream that involved hallucinogenic slugs. The only part I can remember is feeling them on the bags under my eyes, and having to pull hard enough that I was worried they would take skin with them. Then starting to trip really hard on them and being worried about drug testing at work. The testing part makes sense because we had an incident at work and I was concerned I might have to pee. That fear based thought was rattling around in my brain all week

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Justintime and 3 others like this

#965 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,072 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2021 - 11:35 PM

Been taking chantix for smoking cessation and been having some wild dreams.
Can't really recall them completely, but they wake me up in a sweaty panic. Few sleep paralysis episodes too. You'd think after years of experiencing them you'd learn to embrace the experience for a free trip or alien abduction.
One dream that stands out. I was hosting thanksgiving for the family and I snuck out for a post meal bowl. Whole family blew up at me for smoking. I told them all off and cut them out of my life as they can't respect my home my rules. 

#966 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 02:07 PM

Startled awake from a very vivid dream of a plane crash about 40 minutes ago.. My father and I were in first class, it was nice, he was in the row behind me. I don't recall getting on the flight, just that I was there suddenly. I first recall peering out a window from the isle seat to see the tops of the clouds and the sky above. It was daytime (possibly early morning, wherever this was) It was such a beautiful sight. It was shortly after appreciating the sight that the plane began to veer right....more and more until it began descending rapidly. I can remember thinking when we first began leaning pretty hard that we were just hitting some turbulence and it would smooth out. Then the door to the cockpit flung open and I could see through the pilot's windshield that we were pointed nearly straight down. Faster and faster, I remember feeling the pressure building in my ear drums as we descended rapidly. My adrenaline was pumping, I was in the isle gripping the chairs on either side of me, hysteria ensued in the rest of the plane. Through the cockpit windshield I was able to see a suburban neighborhood getting larger and larger. The last thing I remember thinking is "This is it, this is how it ends."

I don't know if it was upon impact, or the singular moment before, but that is when I woke. Hyperventilating with my heart pounding out of my chest. Needless to say, I'm rather thankful that I woke up next to my cat rather than found myself to be in such a situation.

Edited by Salty117, 20 November 2021 - 02:08 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Justintime and 2 others like this

#967 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 02:24 PM

Vivid dreams last night. For once I can remember enough of one to write about.

There was a storm, mainly wind, very gusty. Majestic, huge, ancient tree knocked down /uprooted and appears to land in my garden. I'm sad the tree is ruined but relieved it miraculously landed without damaging any property. Then I go down the garden to get a closer look, worried about how much work it's going to be to chop up and remove but also 'happy' we'll have literally tonnes of Firewood once it's processed and seasoned. Or maybe lumber to build nice things. As I get closer I see its actually the other side of the fence. No free wood for us. But also not my problem to clear up.

WTF was that all about?

#968 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,344 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:01 PM

Salty, just a few pages back I dreamed of witnessing a very similar crash from very close. It was so damn vivid I woke in shock still. Wow. 

Cuboid last Christmas eve, a HUGE Douglas Fir fell from my front of my property over a very picky neighbors yard, crushing the fence. It was literally caught on the top of a few pieces of heavy duty dog kennel panels that were sticking out behind a shed, and it was supporting the fallen tree about 12 inches above the bed of their pickup truck! Where it was above the truck it was still a foot thick, so thank god for those chain link panels with steel pipe frames! I called the guy who helps with my property sometimes and he came down on Christmas eve and helped me cut it into sections and get it out of their yard and away from their truck which was completely untouched btw, and then helped me clean up the branches in their yard and fix the fence. In two hours you could not tell it hardly ever happened except for the saw chips in the yard. I gave the wood to my friend for helping me get it cleaned up. That could have been a bad dream but never came to be lol. 

Edited by Coopdog, 20 November 2021 - 03:02 PM.

• Skywatcher, Justintime, Cuboid and 2 others like this

#969 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 836 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:52 PM

Salty, your dream would have left me a nervous wreck the rest of the day I think!

Coop, wow, that was really lucky!

Edited by Cuboid, 20 November 2021 - 03:52 PM.

#970 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:01 PM

It certainly has me questioning if I really ever want to get on an airplane. It was so vivid from the turbulence, intensity, the pressure building in my ears/head to the sleeves on my shoulders and the shoes on my feet... the jolt awakening snapped me awake but I still had a couple seconds of disorientation. Just trying to take my mind off it with a couple bong rips and prepping some BRF jars. It's been a couple of months I think since I've had such a vivid dream.

#971 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,072 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2021 - 12:02 PM

What's with all the turbulence lately in everyone's dreams?

• Coopdog and Justintime like this

#972 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 12:30 PM

Changing seasons perhaps? Michigan is in the meat of autumn right now, and for some that brings seasonal depression. There's also a lot going on right now... politically... socially... I can't imagine anyone that is trying to keep up with all of the crap going on is not without some amount of anxiety.

#973 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,081 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2021 - 03:37 PM

I had a dream today.
I found a black spider on the ground and I was trying to affix a small crab claw to it as I thought it was missing a leg.
I kept fumbling with it and I thought it was harmless.
But it somehow fell down my sleeve and I started panicking that it might bite me.

I'm hardly remembering any dreams. Likely because I stay up till two in the morning most nights.

I can't sleep tonight. It's 4:30 in the morning. A man took away my Mother's last joy. I want to break his neck. I have to forgive because I need forgiveness also. It's not easy.

I must have clinical depression because I don't feel anything about what's going on in the world right now.
I don't feel dread or foreboding. I believe the tide will turn. Nuremberg already on the hurry. All complicit. Lock them up. Oz.

I heard my soul family nearby a week or two ago. I could hear them discussing me
I wish they'd actually talk to me. I'm annoyed they don't. I'm not living right atm. I'm sick of it.
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#974 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,081 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2021 - 11:50 AM

Had a dream. That a colourful bird similar to a love bird landed on my hand. I tried to shake it off but it just landed on my hand again and wherever I went in the dream it stayed with me. I looked it up in a dream dictionary and it said incoming pleasant surprise in regards to love.

#975 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,344 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2021 - 05:29 PM

I have never read a single dream book that had much if any relevence in the real world. My opinion we are all individuals, and our brains do not work the same. Freud and Jung were projecting their ideas on everyone else and I am quite surprised they are still treated with the reverence they are today. I used to know a lady that would wake up and look up her dream in a numbers book to see what numbers to play that day, and she would get so excited when that little book would tell her it was going to be a great day to play the numbers. I guess we all have our thing to get joy from, so more power to her. 

Sorry to hear you are not doing well Justintime, I have been there lately too. This was not directed specifically at anyone, just my opinion of most dream books in general. The best one I ever read was a Lakota book on how dreams of spirit animals reflect in your life. I guess that is because I dream often of spirit icons in my own dreams so it had relevence to me. 

• Skywatcher, Justintime and ElPirana like this

#976 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 444 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 04:05 PM

Just woke from a strange dream, parts of it are difficult to recall, but the gist of it that I can recall was that I was periodically going to sleep in my dream, dreaming, and waking up to tell someone I didn't really recognize. This person appeared to be a squat, balding man. This happened multiple times during the dream in this nap I just took where I (in dream) lay down to fall asleep and then have what seems like a dream.

I can't recall the first few "dreams within the dream" but one of the last ones that I recited to the person had to do with getting 3 kittens. It seemed like every time I turned my back to do something and then came back to the kittens, 2 of them would be bigger. They had grown as if a week or so passed. But one remained small and I was worried that it wasn't going to live but as the others grew, it's behavior changed with theirs. It was active, playful, eating.

Now that I think of it, the one that wasn't growing was probably not the one I should have been concerned about but in my dream, it was as though the kittens getting significantly larger in just a few moments of being away from them (to get formula or some toy of some sort) was normal.

Idk, just some weird "dream-ception" ... how does that song go? "Life is but a dream. . ."

Edit: this man would usually seem to get a wild kick out of the dreams I would tell him. A knee-slapping cackle would erupt from him almost regardless of the content of the dream. He was in some sort of small "hole-in-the-wall" type of shop, but how I would get from "my home" to there or back is a mystery to me at this point.

Edited by Salty117, 05 December 2021 - 04:11 PM.

#977 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,137 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2021 - 12:59 PM

Last night felt like a rotating carousel of dreams. Its hard to try to remember them all. A couple that stick out are waking up late for work, that one seems to happen a decent amount. The other was a fairly vivid dream about a mountain climb that somehow morphed into scaling the equivalent of mount Doom. For some reason there was a group of people that were questioning why me and this woman would dare scale such a death trap. Visions of traversing thin trails no winder than person, watching them crumbling right under our feet after only barely starting the journey. I remember a huge eruption happened and there was cascades of lava and rock tumbling down on us. Somehow there was a rope swing perfectly positioned above the lava pit that was sure to consume me in an attempt to leap to safety. It was one of those 100% sure you were going to die situations. I can remember swinging around on the rope making a few successful dodges, but when the moment came where I made contact with the rain of fire I remember feeling no pain and saying well this can't be real. My guess is I woke up after that.

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 08 December 2021 - 01:02 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#978 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,034 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2021 - 05:44 PM

Really weird remnants of a dream last night. I think it started in a massive hotel resort, and for once I was not wandering lost and trying to find a way out. I was attending some sort of a work meeting with the company I once worked for. I had to lead a seminar, and had no idea what it was about, and was stressing about having nothing prepared. I went through several meetings with supervisors and company executives, and somehow managed to wing my way through, although the expectations placed on me were still high for the seminar.

I then found myself outside in a fair of some sort, with booths and carnival rides, and swap meet set ups scattered in between with people selling the usual garage sale crap. I was with a group of friends in the dream, but I don't actually know or even recognize any of them. In the dream we were wandering through, and looking through the swap meet stuff.

I then got very aware in the dream, becoming conscious that I was in a much younger version of myself, and that this was possibly just a dream. I was aware I was really sloppily dressed, with sweat pants and an old plain white t-shirt and no shoes. Everyone else had nice casual clothes on.

I was digging through a box of clothes, and pulled out a pair of fancy bright red strapped stilettos, and put them on. I then spent the rest of the dream wearing them, and walking around comfortably.

I woke up thinking what the heck was that about. I couldn't walk in a pair of high heels if I wanted to, and would break a foot if I tried.....

Seemed like a past situation "re-do"  on the work meeting, but the rest just baffles me.

• Coopdog, Justintime, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#979 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 993 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2021 - 10:21 AM

I was a Hercules-like character, half god, half human.  I had a big, unbreakable sword.

I was going around killing mythical type creatures.  I remember some were like giant wolves.  As the dream moved on, there seemed to be some kind of an audience and somebody (a leader?) instigating all the fighting.

At the end, there was a creature whose head was like an American buffalo and whose body was human.  The body was brown, the same shade as a normal buffalo, and the body was too small for the head.  He was half-asleep on the floor, moving around a little like he was dreaming.  I walked up and hit him in the head with my sword, it bounced off and I feel it reverberating in my hands.  I figured it was worth a try, now I knew its head was impenetrable. 

As the dream faded, the buffalo-man creature was chasing us.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Salty117 and 1 other like this

#980 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 993 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2021 - 02:58 PM

Last week I had this dream:

I am with my wife in a large building, I think it’s a church but it doesn’t look anything like a church. We’re in a big central room, low ceilings, lots of big, clear windows to the outside. It’s nighttime and dark in the room. The length of the room has a hallway adjacent to it, windows all the way as a wall so you can see right into the hallway.

We’re getting into the bed that’s located opposite from the hallway. Then I see two kids, boys, entering into the hallway.

Dream transitions…

We are outside in daylight, walking up to a low-fenced yard, several people around. We walk up to the very small house with its door wide open. They are inviting us in. It’s quite a mess inside, random things piled on the floor near the walls.

I notice there is a leader, a man, and that this is a cult. We proceed through the one-room house to another open door at the rear, which is over open water. The house is on stilts in the back and on the very wide, very slow moving river are some canoe-like boats docked at the house.

The cult leader takes us down some stairs to get into a boat. He’s going to take us to another location. As all of this is going on, I’m on the lookout for a way to get out of there.
  • Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!