1159 replies to this topic

#1141 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,119 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2022 - 07:35 PM

I was very shocked to discover when we had kids that many mothers eat the placenta and umbilical cord. They even offered to package it up for us. My jaw was on the floor lol. Sorry irrelevant I know but just had to share.

I don’t think we got that offer when we had our kids LOL. Actually I wouldn’t have believed it would be common enough for it to be a thing. It sure seemed strange to me in my dream.
  • Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#1142 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,432 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2022 - 01:20 AM

Right? Before that I never imagined such a thing. It is very good for the mother, or so they said. We declined, but if my wife wanted it I woulda cooked it in butter with Johnnies seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic lol. We opted for the steak and lobster for our last meal as a two person family. The hospital we went to actually provided all of that for us. I sure never expected that either. 

• Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#1143 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,119 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2022 - 07:02 AM

There is a procession of puppies, going out of a box (dog house?) and back into it. They are following each other in a single-file line. There is a large dog, dark gray in color, almost looks like a male lion. It walks up to my coworker (an older gentleman), who is sitting in a chair in front of me. He starts to pet the dog on the head. The dog closes it’s eyes from enjoyment. Another equally large dog comes up to me. I also pet it and it has the same reaction as the other dog.

(This is the first time I ever recall dogs in my dream, usually animals are not in my dreams)

I am riding in a car. My brother is driving, the same coworker from the previous dream is riding in the front passenger seat. I am sitting in the front middle, in between them. My brother seems to be driving in a familiar area. I’m starting to relax, fall asleep. I notice my coworker doesn’t mind, he’s kind of a father-figure in this dream. I worry about the police so I buckled up.

Transition…

I am outside. My brother is there, I think we are young, school age. There are other kids there playing. My brother goes running down the street, then runs back. One or two other kids run back as well.

I start running. This brings back the memory of another dream. As I run, I begin to replicate the older dream. My strides get longer, longer, effortlessly, to the point where I am jumping 10 ft, 20 ft with each step, each longer than the previous. I realize that as each step takes me away from the ground, I don’t have to come back down, basically I am flying at this point, but not too high. I continue flying low until I reach the end of the path.
  • Coopdog, Arathu and Skywatcher like this

#1144 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,119 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2022 - 12:02 PM

I am outside, trying to take photographs of some flowers. I am using my DSLR, so I keep making adjustments to the settings. The pictures keep turning out blurry or bad in some way, each time I make adjustments something else goes wrong. The last photo there was wind and I got a shadow of the flowers like an extra image of them.

The dream transitions to a living room. There is a sofa next to me and in front of me there is a large plant, it’s at least 4 ft tall. On a leaf at the top is a spider, it is yellow and black and it is huge!! At least 10 inches long in the body. I pull up my camera to photograph it, it notices me and quickly backs up to the stalk of the plant. Then before I can do anything, it runs down to the floor and under the sofa. I feel a bit frightened.
  • Skywatcher likes this

#1145 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 852 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 01:04 PM

Lots of crazy vivid dreams lately, struggling to remember anything but fragments. Something that did stick the other day though was something about squeezing hard blockages from skin pores and then the little lumps of stuff that came out would turn into little live larvae and I was killing them. Memorable in its oddness but what really made this stick in my memory was the sudden realisation this is a recurring dream.
  • Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#1146 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,333 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2022 - 07:37 PM

The placenta is sacred in many pre Christian cultures including much of old European culture. It has been suggested that the most ancient of Earth/Cave Bear spirituality apparently held the placenta in such light......eating it or buying it beneath the entry way to the living quarters if I remember correctly.

I had never heard of this until recently......freaking wild stuff, especially to dream about. 

So......on a side dream note, no placenta involved...

I was blown out of bed last night by my wife's motion detection spotlights at about 03:00. (not too sure how that could happen as I can't see the yard from my bed) They had the entire back yard lit up in that eerie LED light. Strange radiating and pulsing glow with raucous noise and mostly undecipherable voices and speech. I looked out the kitchen window and there was a party of dwarves under the large oak tree. Drinking ale and having a grand old time. When I looked out they looked back at me, pointed, apparently made some joke and laughed, and got even more rowdy. Beer mugs clashing and ale flying. It was quite humorous sight......next thing I know I'm getting out of my bed for real, it's actually 3:33 AM, having to take a leak I stumble down the stairs from the bedroom and head into the kitchen......damn....the back yard spotlights are on.....nothing to be seen......

It was not possible to forget this dream. As vivid a few hours later when I woke up for work as it was the first time.....lucid, lucid, looping time and "reality" Holy shit!

Edited by Arathu, 04 May 2022 - 07:52 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Cuboid and 1 other like this

#1147 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,432 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2022 - 12:23 AM

I woulda just had to grab up a beer and go out there and sit for a few and wish them well lol, but hell that's just me lol

• Arathu and Skywatcher like this

#1148 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,119 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2022 - 07:56 AM

That dream sounds awesome Arathu!

I’ve been remembering dreams quite a bit lately. Last night had one where I was in a battle in a war. There’s a mound of dirt to my left and continuing forward. Way up ahead to the right, on a hill, is someone who’s shooting at us. I am with a few other soldiers.

One guy grabs a bag of guns and runs forward, evidently needing to get this bag to someone up ahead. He gets shot and dies halfway there. Without any thought, I run and grab the bag and continue, then I get shot multiple times from the enemy on the hill. I die there. There’s no emotion in any of this.

I am in a desert. In front of me, maybe 50 yards away is a little garage. I see a couple animal tails sticking up into the air, they look like long lemur tails. The animal with the black tail is attacking the animal with the brown tail. When I get close, the black-tail animal reminds me of a wolverine or something similar.

I go next to the building. Something moves in the sandy ground. A turtle uncovers itself and quickly moves forward. I see the detailed head of another turtle peaking out of the sand. There is a string or rope attached from the first turtle to the second, it is pulling the second turtle out of the ground.

#1149 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,152 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2022 - 06:29 PM

Seems there were some exceptionally rich dream symbols going on in several of you peoples dream worlds the last 48 hours....

Makes them even more enjoyable to read for me.

• Coopdog, Arathu and ElPirana like this

#1150 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,152 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2022 - 10:19 PM

This dream from last night has haunted me all day.........

I am floating in an ocean. I can see no land in any direction but the light is very dim. There are stars in the sky, but I can't seem to orient myself. I can't find any constellations I recognize.

The water is warm and very still. I don't feel I need to swim or tread water. I am just suspended and drifting, and I feel very alone.

I feel a pressure pushing me, like the water is rising from below me and begin to hear a deep echoing sound. As it gets louder, I realize it is a whale song. I look below me and can see an immense whale, drifting much like I am some ways below me.

I am listening to the song continue, and it is haunting, and crushingly sad. It is somehow physically echoing in my chest, and the emotion is tearing me up, and I begin to sob uncontrollably. It wakes me up I am crying so hard.

I don't know where this came from, but I had to get up and walk around to shake it off. I don't remember any other dreams after I went back to sleep, and when I woke this morning this dream was still with me, and has lingered in the background all day.

• Coopdog, Arathu, Cuboid and 1 other like this

#1151 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,432 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2022 - 01:13 PM

That's an amazing dream! Maybe they are reaching out to you in some way. I would make that a meditation focal point and try to connect back to them and see where it leads. Try to keep that whale song in your head. It might have huge meaning and be worth focusing on. I would also try to guide my dreams back to that for a while and make a point of meditating on that when I go to bed. It strikes me as very important and powerful. The tribes here on the Salish sea (San Juan Straight) would be very interested in that. 

• Arathu, Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#1152 RiseUp

RiseUp

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 May 2022 - 07:34 PM

Am I one of those people that don't have dreams when using cannabis? I don't get it.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#1153 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,432 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2022 - 01:43 AM

I still dreamed when I was using pot daily, but my dream cycle really came to life when I got off of the daily use for sure. I think it most certainly has an effect. 

• Arathu, Skywatcher, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#1154 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,432 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2022 - 11:39 AM

Dreamed I went to a Dr's appointment, and she took out a piece of paper from a file, and said, "Why did you not tell me about your past drug experimenting and marijuana use?" She said this in a very pointed and accusatory manner and I told her that it was because it was none of her damn business, because I did not smoke anymore, and demanded to know how she had come across that information in the first place. Before we could speak anymore, the room started filling up with people, some I knew, some I did not. As soon as we were all together, they told us to count off in two's like one, two, one, two, then told all of the two's to follow her into the other room. 

Then we proceeded to watch a movie on the benefits of medical marijuana in relation to cancer treatment. Everyone in the room seemed to be quite involved in the discussion and I was wondering how I came to be there at all. After one scene, this well dressed and very jovial black guy said, "If you think that was a lot, you should meet me at my van after this", he said with a smile. I raised my hand and said "Me Me!" He smiled again and said "Yes yes!" and we laughed. 

Then the curtain opened up that divided the room, and I saw that all of the people that were taken in there had been completely hot boxing the room! Everybody was laughing and goofing around with smiles on their faces. We went in and had our turn, and I explained to the doctor that I really didn't smoke anymore, and she just laughed and said, 
"Today you do!"

As we were all walking out I saw that guy with the van I was looking for, and he palmed a couple of small packages to two other guys. I asked if he had just given them some weed too, and he said with a big smile, "Nope! The STATE did!" We walked to his van, one of those cool old conversion vans like back in the 70's and 80's, and that thing was packed with prime nugs of every type and description. Rich purples, vibrant redbuds, all covered in thick trichomes. 

I guess my brain is telling me to smoke something lol!

• Skywatcher, OldBear and ElPirana like this

#1155 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,333 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2022 - 11:39 AM

I still dreamed when I was using pot daily, but my dream cycle really came to life when I got off of the daily use for sure. I think it most certainly has an effect. 

I absolutely agree with this coop....in fact LUCID is much easier too....There is no doubt in my own experience.

A

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#1156 RiseUp

RiseUp

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 03:22 PM

I absolutely agree with this coop....in fact LUCID is much easier too....There is no doubt in my own experience.

A

Well you have me there and i can't disagree.

I was asked a question, I think, from Coopdog on a previous post about LUCID dreaming. What do I need to do to begin?

#1157 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,432 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:37 PM

Start by keeping a dream journal. The object being to improve recall of the dream state. When you start to do this and make it a habit, you mind plays along and helps. In a very short amount of time, your recall should improve a lot. Mine sure did and I was still smoking tons when I started that. Make a habit of rolling over and scribbling down details you can remember as soon as you wake up from the dream. Once you do that, try and go to sleep with the intent of being conscious and in control of some small detail in the dream, I was told to literally look at my hands. 

One day I realized that I did just that. In that same dream, I wandered around the cool little dream apartment we had that was in a basement next to the waterfront. I went outside and it was like controlling my avatar in a video game. I looked around at the boats anchored and went to a grassy area and just sat down, feeling the grass. I pulled a handfull and put the moist soil to my nose and realized I could actually smell it. I dream in technicolor althought I have read that people do not dream in color, but I sure do. 

Once I accomplished it that one time it became more and more doable. I used to have scary and violent dreams, but as I realized I could control them I was able to take charge of the scary stuff, like falling from a high rooftop and just sticking my hands into the wall and grabbing it to stop my fall, or turning around a situation like being attacked by a dog and using love to calm and tame it. I found it super empowering in my day to day life as well, because I truly believe that when we dream it is just as real as here, but we are not limited by the false limitations they have programmed into us since birth. It's an addictive habit, and opens up your dreamscape to anything you can think of. 

Interesting stuff for sure. 

• Skywatcher, Cuboid, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#1158 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 852 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 04:40 PM

@Coopdog is there any danger of getting so into a dream that you sleep for hours extra? Or do the usual sleep cycles continue and you wake about the same time as usual?

• Skywatcher and RiseUp like this

#1159 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,432 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2022 - 05:26 AM

Not that I have seen. The alarm will wake you just like it always does. 

• Skywatcher, Cuboid and RiseUp like this

#1160 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,432 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2022 - 09:42 AM

Had one hell of a long story dream about an invasion from aliens lol. This would make one heck of a movie! We were travelling across a huge open plain as far as the eye could see on some good horses, when I noticed these places in the air that were seemingly heating up, shimmering pinkish, and then I could see rings like ripples in them that seemed to be very powerful and raining down molten metal or plasma when these huge craft started dropping down through them and immediately went on the attack at something on the ground. 

This covered a HUGE area, so there could have been cities down there that I just could not see. I really don't know who my companions were, one a kind and wise old guy who seemed to be from Africa and spoke in a quiet manner. Kind of a Morgan Freeman personality, and one a kid about 16. These craft were not above us but were clear out on the horizon. As we looked so many were coming through the portals that it was hard to imagine how many there were. Enough to create a river of different shaped and variety of them. All seemed to only have one purpose, destruction. 

We kept riding on, watching this in awe and horror, and hoping they would not come our way as there was no place to hide in sight. We kept travelling into the night and came into the small town that was part of what had been destroyed. Almost everything was completely turned into rubble, but some structures only had minor damage. There didn't seem to be any people around at first, and we were looking for a place we could get out of sight and hide. We came across a big ranch house tucked into a hillside that seemed to escape the worst of it all and went in there through a huge hole that had been blasted in one end of it. 

It began to rain, and we were glad for the shelter. We even took the horses inside, as there did not appear to be any living people anywhere. Much to our surprise we came across 4-5 people in the lower floor which was partly underground. They were very frightened and said they had seen it all, everything destroyed from the front porch of the house, and had gone inside and hidden downstairs when one began to come in their direction and were terrified when the house had been hit. 

We all stayed close that night down in the bottom of the house, near a back door where we could easily get out if the structure got hit anymore so as to keep from being buried in the debris. Through that door, we saw that there were now other craft that seemed to be doing battle with the destroyers. We watched the battle unfold and watched for hours, none of us really sleeping. To my surprise the power was still on and there was even hot water, and I rinsed my face and hands in the good hot water, wondering if it would be the last time I ever had that luxury. 

At some point the boy that was with us turned on a light, and was immediately accosted by all the rest, not knowing if that might attract unwanted attention. He was angry at our response and went and stormed out into the night, leaving his horse. I seemed to not even really know him and said I was not going after him, my companion, silently agreed and stood there looking out through the open door for him for a while. The next morning as we were preparing to leave, we discovered he had snuck back in and was with the horses. I was kind of glad to see him there still, because there sure were not many people anywhere to be seen. 

We said our goodbye's and struck out again. The older man from the ranch house told us there was another city a few miles away, and we started out for that. At this point the horses were no longer there, not sure if my brain just forgot to bring them but they were not with us and we were on foot. All day we didn't see any of the ships that did all this, but we had found another settlement of houses widely spread out and even though they were seemingly intact, there was nobody anywhere. 

Every house we came to, we went and knocked and said hello, and if possible went into and looked around, hoping to find more people in hiding, and we did come across a few here and there, but most had just completely vanished. Towards evening we noticed that again on the horizon there were the pink plasma portals and once again the ships came streaming out of them. We were now in the area where they were, and we watched as one materialized almost right overhead, bright hot sparks falling from it. We took off for the nearest place. 

It was a huge log home, and was made from some big structural wood. We ran inside, glad for the shelter, but at the same time knowing it would be targeted probably sooner than later. As we were coming up to the house and trying to get in, my companion pointed out at the yard, where you could see doors in a small hill. "That root cellar might be a better idea", he said and we made tracks for it. There was a lock in the hasp but luckily it was not locked. We ducked down into the hidey hole just as the air around us began to vibrate in a way that made us really move. Then the big cabin just exploded as the doors shut between us. I silently prayed that they would not be buried under the big logs and keep us trapped. We were utterly terrified to hear all of the destruction and not see what was going on. 

As happened the night before, by daybreak it was all over. We tried the doors and they opened just fine, and we came out of the hole in the ground and surveyed the area. It was utterly destroyed, but once again a few structures seemed undamaged. The thought crossed my mind and I said so, that maybe they had been unoccupied in the first place, so the aliens had just passed them by looking for life to extinguish. A very unsettling thought indeed. 

We continued on, and this seemed to go on for days, several times with us just barely getting out alive. The power was still on in a lot of places, but we realized that the lights being on indeed did attract them, so we went without lights. We found an occasional refugee here and there, but they were very rare. They all seemed terrified to move along with us and preferred to stay where they were. I didn't blame them. 

One morning we were awakened by surprisingly enough some Sheriff's deputies, demanding to know what we were doing in the home we had come to. I tried explaining what we had been through, but they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about, as if it had never happened. I was in the middle of trying to tell them approximately where some of the other people were, when suddenly I broke down sobbing, wondering if it had all been in my imagination, as the Deputy was certainly looking at me like a crazy man. 

I woke up then with tears in my eyes, quite amazed at the story I had just lived through. There were so many more details, but would take a lot of space to write. My brain surely takes me for a ride sometimes. That was so incredibly vivid. 

• Skywatcher, Cuboid and ElPirana like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!