1273 replies to this topic

#1221 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,495 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 September 2022 - 12:29 AM

I could sense that when I fell asleep I would experience something profound.
Other times I had prepared myself in the same way in the disciplines I devised I had avoided sleep because I felt this fear of judgement by those who watch my progress. Would I see hell or heaven?

So I knew this was a test of mettle.
I confronted that fear by laying down ready to immerse myself in whatever may be shown. I relinquished control. Trusted.

I immediately found I was on a plane where white fog covered the floor in a great expanse and a hundred feet or so in front of me I saw the Hindu gods in all of their pastel colours coming towards me from across the way. Their skin tones of Blues, jade green, orange and red.
I finally made it home.

Perfect timing, my Mum called out from the other room "Do you want to put the kettle on?"
I missed getting to see them up close consciously. I'll see them again.
Taking a break from disciplines to formulate writing.
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#1222 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,495 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 September 2022 - 12:50 AM

I was walking down a path on a sunlit day with an elephant. I could only see his trunk holding out a flowering daisy. Ganesha told me that to him, our world exists inside of this little flower.
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#1223 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,506 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2022 - 12:26 PM

Man I had the most astounding dream interaction with Ganesha. It would be a few pages back more than likely but not too far. 

• Justintime likes this

#1224 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,495 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2022 - 01:06 AM

I'm living in a different house in my dream.
I find a door I wasn't aware of so I open it only to find another door right behind it.
I open the door and it leads into another house.
I go in and a couple with a child live there.
I apologize for going into their home.
They say not to worry about it and give me a very large bud.
I go back to my house and smell the bud.
I show it to my Mom who is living with me.

#1225 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,506 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2022 - 01:48 PM

Haven't been in here posting for a while. Dreams have been mostly disjointed and obviously anxiety driven. This morning, I had a long, involved dream that was interesting, to me at least. Another one set in a world that has passed and is now falling down and in decay. This was on the outskirts of a huge city that was all dark now. I was with a handful of miscreants, and we had taken to living on the edge of a big river that used to be poisoned but was now running clear again with the fall of the big factories and the population of the city now gone for the most part. We lived in a warren of tunnels and huge open spaces inside a big rusty ship that had rolled part way over. 

It was hard moving in there because walking in there was all on a slant. I was about 18-20 in this dream, and had given up my shoes as my bare feet had a better purchase on the slanted metal floors and walls that we walked on. We had several horses that we kept in a side door compartment that was just above water level and about 30 feet from where the shore was now, and the great ship curved up and overhead for a couple of hundred feet and was well hidden from others walking up and down the river path by a huge pile of driftwood left there by a flooded river in the past. 

We wandered through this warren of tunnels and rooms scavenging for anything that might be used, and food, which there was a surprising amount of in some places. We occasionally had others trying to live in this big ship as well. A few we had worked out a sort of barter system with, but there were only about 30 people between the 4 small groups. We banded together if strangers came, and had a system of banging on certain metal parts that would reverb through the ship if we encountered anyone and also told what part they were in. We had developed strategies to dispatch the intruders that were well thought out and molded on tricks from medieval times like murder holes in the ceilings and other sorts of traps like that. 

In one part of the dream, we were jumping a hundred feet or so from a doorway down into standing water in one of the dozen or so huge cavernlike open structures. The deep part was pretty small from our jumping point, and two of us made it easily. Then a younger kid, a girl of about 10 or so was going to go. She was frightened of the jump. I told her just step off and push lightly and she would be just fine. She turned to look at me, smiled and leapt... missing the deep part by inches and landing on the edge of the hole with a thunk, badly broken and injured. I jumped immediately and dragged her from the water onto the rusty floor. I used my lucid dreaming powers to heal her many breaks and seal the wounds. She was amazed. 

At another point we were on the land outside, and I was walking along in the graveled road with my feet hurting like all hell from the gravel rubbing them raw and bruised from stepping on stones. Try as I might, I could not work my lucid trick and make them tough as leather for walking on the rough ground. I was perplexed why I could not? 

There is more to this dream and I may be back to record more. I'll let it gel a bit and see what comes back...

• Skywatcher, Justintime and ElPirana like this

#1226 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2022 - 10:29 PM

I have always considered my dreams as windows to my subconscious and an unfiltered exposing of my true emotions. I have been doing dream analysis since I was 17. Over the many years, this practice has helped me psychologically and emotionally, and on many, many occasions alerted me to internal problems I was successfully hiding from my conscious mind.

For the past year or more, I feel like I am losing mental connections, and memory is faltering. I keep feeling like my dreams have become a reflection of this. Most of the time, when I can even remember them, they are disjointed, and often seem to repeat the same nonsense or inability to complete actions, leaving me stuck in a kind of dream loop, which becomes confusing and frustrating.

I was once a very active dreamer with great recall of details. I feel like I have lost this.

In waking state I am noticing more and more, memory failure, and occasionally total loss of my train of thought.

I am sharing this because sometimes I need to record some dream bits and pieces before they fade completely, and should say they will seem very broken up and partial. I still rarely have a full dream experience, but it sure isn't very often anymore. 

So, there it is................

Last night- I am trying to make and get food for a large group of people. It's not clear if they are friends, or a group I am expected to serve. I can't seem to get the ingredients, several trips to some weird market on an alley, and the market is out of the shrimp and mushrooms I need to grill on the bar-b-Que. It seems like hours in the dream, and I am very frustrated and getting panicky that I still can't get the food ready. The panicky feeling wakes me up.

Later on that night....

I am in pajamas and a robe, and in an apartment that seems to be mine and my partners. It's on the upstairs floor. The door out to the walkway outside seems to be missing and an older woman is standing there, asking if she can come in. She says she used to live there. I comment that its a nice apartment, and I like that I can see out one window into our other room that is on a 45 angle.

dream breaks

I am working on two aquariums set in a wall of the apartment, side by side. They seem empty of fish and very sparsely decorated. The light isn't working right, so I need to go outside the apartment to get to the other side. I then have to walk down some stairs outside, and enter a garage-like structure where I find the other side of the aquarium. It looks even emptier from that side. I then see on a table in the garage room, another tank that I had set up that is full of fish and plants and large rock decorations. I feel happy and give the fish some food, because I don't remember if they have been fed for days, or weeks.....

Edited by Skywatcher, 15 November 2022 - 09:52 AM.

• Coopdog, Juthro, OldBear and 2 others like this

#1227 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,506 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2022 - 01:42 PM

Big hug for you brother. It is scary getting older. Always share them in here, and it might spark your dream recall better if you make a point to do that. I have posted less in the last year or two as well, because my dreams often have a note of desperation and urgency that is hard to put into words for me, and also a reflection of my waking state for a while now. Not that I am desperate or in urgent need of anything right now in real life, other than getting my life back together again and racing time to do it. 

To keep this post on topic, I had a really strange dream last night of some crazy lady who was very intent on getting with me, whether my wife was around or not. It was very uncomfortable, and finally I called the police, only to have them start asking me accusatory questions, as has happened a few times in my life. Just woke up to that one... lol

• Skywatcher, Justintime, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#1228 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,357 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2022 - 02:47 PM

Something I've found interesting with my dreams, I seem to remember more of them (at least for a short time), and they seem to be more on the unpleasant side of dreaming when I'm not using my CPAP machine. 

I mean it makes since to me that it affects the way I dream, without the CPAP I rarely get into REM sleep, and I seem to get stuck in a place somewhere between not quite awake, and not sleeping soundly.  Also, the dreams tend to range from just bizarre, to unpleasant.

So I guess I'm asking if any others here who use a CPAP have noticed that it affects the way they dream.

Edited by Juthro, 15 November 2022 - 02:48 PM.

• Coopdog, Justintime and RiseUp like this

#1229 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2022 - 06:16 PM

So I guess I'm asking if any others here who use a CPAP have noticed that it affects the way they dream.

I hope you get some responses from someone who also uses these breathing assistants Juthro.

I do not need a CPAP, but know a reasonable amount about them and the condition they are designed for. It makes total sense to me that your dreams are effected by the use or not using it. If you are not getting full oxygen, and lacking air, your bodys instinctive response would be bound I would think, to be more urgent, and turn any dream content more unpleasant, maybe even desperate at times?

• Coopdog and Juthro like this

#1230 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,357 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2022 - 08:43 PM

Thanks Sky, that makes some since.  I hadn't thought about it in those terms, but you may be onto something there. 

The smiggen I remember from last night was me walking through town trying to get to my car where my wife was waiting for me.  Town just kept getting less, and less familiar, and night was falling.  There was kind of an anxious and desperate vibe to the whole thing.

It was at that point I woke up to find my mask had slipped down on my chin, and wasn't holding pressure.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and RiseUp like this

#1231 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,506 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2022 - 01:48 PM

I don't use one, but I certainly should be using one. Just never went through the process of getting more involved medically than I absolutely have to. I am interested to see other people's response that use a CPAP machine. That half awake half asleep thing you mentioned sounds so very familiar. 

• Juthro likes this

#1232 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2022 - 06:14 PM

Confidently I would say it increased dreaming frequency, or at least memory of such in general for me. Hard to say if it specifically increased negative dreams versus good. One thing I think about is it the fact that the negative ones tend to leave more of a lasting impression and therefor more of a memory. I would say all of my reoccurring dreams are anxiety based, I cant think of any good re occurring ones at the moment.

Memory seems to be an important factor as well when it comes to the CPAP and dreaming. That area is a little more difficult to describe. I only seem to notice it when I don't use it now.  I tend to blame bad days when my brain doesn't seem to be working on skipping the machine last night.

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 16 November 2022 - 06:17 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Juthro and 2 others like this

#1233 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,495 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2022 - 09:38 PM

Had a dream I lived in a different city. Maybe another country.
My Mom asked me to go out to buy garbage bin bags.
I left the house and levitated three ft off the ground in cross leg sitting position and travelled across town like this speeding up and slowing down at times. Never got to buy bags.

Edited by Justintime, 17 November 2022 - 09:39 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#1234 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2022 - 10:45 PM

I'm sure there is some symbolism here, I just haven't figured it out yet. I also wish I could remember more of the dream to add context, but this stuck in my head.........

I am in a assembly room full of chair rows, and people are both seated and wandering. I am talking to some people, and try to point at a part of the wood decorative framing around a door. It is very ornate, and my fingertip scratches the wood finish. Puzzled, I examine my fingertip and there is a pointy needle sticking out of the tip. I start to pull at it with the other hand, and a long, double pointed stainless needle, about like a sewing needle with no eye, and two pointed ends. I pull it all the way out. Baffled, I take it over where my partner is sitting and show him. I said something like I wonder how long this has been in me...........

That's all I can remember.

Edited by Skywatcher, 28 November 2022 - 09:52 PM.

• Coopdog, Justintime and ElPirana like this

#1235 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,206 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2022 - 09:40 AM

I can't remember the last time I posted a dream in here.  My sleep patterns went through a big change, seems like just out of the blue.  Every night I was sleeping horribly, waking up multiple times (not normal for me.)  I would wake up super early.  It has taken quite a while, but it seems that I've somehow transitioned from being a night person to a morning person.  My whole life I've had a hard time waking in the morning, setting multiple alarms just to make sure I get up.  Now, I get up on the first alarm no problem, every day at 4:30am.  Sometimes I'll wake up at 4:29 and just shut off the alarm before it beeps.  On the weekends, I'll often find myself waking naturally at exactly 4:30am, it's the strangest thing for me! 

During the transition, I couldn't remember any dreams, almost like I felt I wasn't dreaming at all.  Things are finally settling these past weeks and I'm starting to recall my dreams more, little by little.

Last night I dreamed of coming across a parking lot full of ice and so I decided to go ice skating on it.  It was awesome, felt really good.  I did several tricks, had no problems at all.  My brother was there with me (not skating) and later three other people joined us and we skated all over.

Then another dream I was with my old bosses and co-worker, and with a couple of my new co-workers at a different job.  We were going to go out to this restaurant for a Christmas dinner.  Most of the dream had to deal with planning it out with them.

These dreams didn't seem all that important or anything, it's just nice to start recalling them enough to write something down. 

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Justintime and 1 other like this

#1236 RiseUp

RiseUp

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 December 2022 - 07:07 PM

I was watching nuns walk into my grandparents closet from back when I was small boy. The nuns were in line and walking into the closet 1 by 1 calmly and slowly. The closet wasn't that big, so I don't know where the nuns were going.

Short and have no clue what that's about.

• Skywatcher, Justintime and ElPirana like this

#1237 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,495 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 December 2022 - 10:21 AM

I'm working in a food store. Putting produce boxes on the floor where they can be unloaded onto shelves.
I begin a conversation with two women seemingly from India.
I notice a red haired woman up the aisle and go talk with her.
A red haired woman is often in my dreams and I see her as a sort of guide.
She's Irish and has blue eyes. We're just chatting.

Dream changes.

I'm driving in a red 4WD with a tray back covered with a canopy on a red dirt road with scrub surrounding.
I come upon a clearing with a few small sheds that have need piles of things people give up for free.

I am about twenty metres from the objects but I see a bronze Viking shield covered in hammered design of Viking Gods.
I see it as an object of power and run towards it. A man comes around the corner and is trying to figure out what I'm running for. Laugh. He gets there before me but can't figure out what I'm going for. I get there and reach from behind him and take up the shield. He grabs hold of it and says he was going to pick it up.
I don't let go and two men appear who are in charge of the things.
They give it to me and I spot even more Viking objects. One being a staff with a metal rams head on the top with curling horns.
They help me carry the things back to my truck and place them carefully in the back.
One of the men drive down the road with me to make sure the greedy man doesn't give me trouble on the road. He drives North and I'm taking the south of the road.
End

I'm hanging out with some young people. There's a party we're going to on a bus.
My hair is always number one buzzed but in this dream it's just long enough to tie up. I spend a long time trying to get it all together to tie up but have trouble doing this. Woke up.

#1238 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 December 2022 - 10:38 PM

Last night....

I had forgotten this until I saw new posts in the dream thread....

I am at a party of sorts, in a house I have been to before in other dreams. The house is on a long narrow dirt road, with no neighbors nearby. I don't really know anyone there, but am helping put out snack foods and wandering around. I run into someone who is very happy to see me, and I think I recognize him, but can't recall who he is. He says he's my cousin, and his wife and he ask me over to their house as the party is ending.

I loose track for a section, and can't remember how we got there, but start continuing the dream after we are all at their apartment.

It's very weird, no windows, and somewhat split level with a lower area in the living room. It seems very late, but neither of them is sleepy and they decide to take me to some club. In the dream I recognize his face from somewhere, and even now have a pretty clear picture of it, but this is nobody I know or even think i have seen before. I tell them we will need to pick up my car, but that this may take awhile because I only know the area i was parked in, and don't know the street names.

They don't care, and take me down to a basement parking structure to get in the car. Now the dream gets very weird. The structure seems very far underground, and I find myself riding in the back seat. The car is really futuristic,  very flat and low to the ground. All the windows are dark except the front window screen. We are racing along at very high speed, through a series of tan colored stone catacomb like structures with massive arches at side connection tunnels. This is all underground, and he is racing along so fast it starts to blur sometimes. I feel frightened and disoriented as I see the window screen is more like a video screen with no clear depth perception.

I wake up here.

I get back to sleep quickly, but the rest of the dream is just wandering through streets at night in an unfamiliar neighborhood, trying to find my car.

• Coopdog, Justintime and ElPirana like this

#1239 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,495 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 December 2022 - 10:53 PM

Dreamed I was outside moving a chair on a deck.
Red back spider is on the chair. I try to brush it off but it jumps onto my arm.
I shake it off but it jumps onto my arm again. This repeats maybe three more times.
  • Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#1240 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,506 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 December 2022 - 02:37 AM

Several things in the last page or so I want to address. However, I am out of energy tonight and got to get up at the break of dawn again tomorrow morning. Sky, that is a lot of imagery there, and I also have some to relate. Too tired to keep up with it tonight though. More tomorrow. 

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!