7 replies to this topic

#1 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

Hey ya'll. I just managed to break my rather expensive glass (cough cough) water pipe. Yay! Another one bites the dust. 

While cleaning, one of the specialized brushes used for the purpose became lodged in the ice-pinch section of the neck. While gently working to gently dislodge the brush from the ice pinch - the side of the kitchen sink was "tapped" ever-so-lightly. The glassware disintigrated into pieces.

I need something made of cast-iron, stainless steel, or other indestructible material. 

FUCK GLASS !!! NEVER AGAIN UNLESS IT IS MILITARY SPECIFICATION, BULLET-PROOF!!! Firing range testing and verification required prior to purchase. 

Damn, I'm sick of wasting money on water pipes. Time to buy the "one and done" model. 

Does anyone have any experience with the silicone water pipes? Like the Strong Silicone or the Jet models??

The Strong Silicone pipes are foldable. Meaning that they can be folded and packed with hiking equipment. I'm just not so sure about stains, smells, and cleaning. 

The Jet pipes are cute but pretty expensive. Lots off "replacement" parts - which usually means that you'll be replacing them pretty quick in my experience. 

Just thought I would throw this out there while I scrounge for something that can withstand my apparent super-power of breaking anything glass no matter how gentle and careful I am. 

That, or I can just skip the bong and use $100 dollar bills to roll joints from now on. Given my track record with glassware - this may be the cheaper option in the long run.  

Edited by Myc, 25 June 2018 - 08:39 PM.

• Juthro and MycoAnt81 like this

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,854 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:15 PM

That sucks ass Myc, sorry about your luck.  I'm no help here, and as a mater of fact I only own a brass pipe and a couple of packs of rolling papers cuz I'm the same way.

The last time I bought a glass pipe, I broke it in the parking lot of the head shop as I was getting into my car... 

That was enough for me, I've learned to live inside my limitations.

• Myc and coorsmikey like this

#3 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,226 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:47 PM

both links are the same bro. i have never tried the silicone 

• Myc likes this

#4 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

Invest in a Volcano! They don't break, but then if you drop it.... you're fucked too! Better yet, just smoke joints!

• Myc likes this

#5 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

I fixed that link. Thanks wharfrat. The dab rig still works......obviously. ;)

Stainless steel is available as an option. What I've seen so far is kinda tacky and flimsy looking. 

All I need is a tube, lift-out stem, and pinch hitter bowl. Will keep scrounging......or build it myself. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

• coorsmikey and wharfrat like this

#6 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,226 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:06 PM

those jet bongs are pretty cool sounding, but i could never see myself paying $200 for one

Edited by wharfrat, 25 June 2018 - 09:07 PM.

• Myc and coorsmikey like this

#7 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:27 PM

Well....Still looking and no luck. I just can't find that magical piece which has my name on it. 

Some feedback:

The silicone bongs can be cleaned by freezing them and banging the debris out of the bong body. Pretty neat.

I haven't gone with a silicone rig yet - they're just not very attractive for the money. 

I did find that the JET pipe - at $200 - is not that far off point from the cost of comparable glass pieces. At least it's un-breakable. 

I'll give it a couple of more weeks looking......but this is likely my piece given the options I've seen with glass. 

I've wasted time on just about every glass shop I could find. Plenty of thin, cheap, chinese crap out there. Anything of any substance packs a heavy price tag. Local shoppes and online shoppes seem to be unified in their pricing structure - so there's no price benefit from shopping either way. (The piece I broke was a "local" piece.)

I typed more stuff........but meh.........whatever. JET is looking more and more like my new piece. 

#8 TheObserver

TheObserver

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,257 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:04 AM

I have a silicone bong that I like pretty well. It comes apart at the middle so you can clean it easier. I find it harder to clean silicone than glass and I can't see what I'm cleaning. I actually dropped my silicone bong on the floor and managed to break the bowl that slides in so I will be replacing it soon. They are otherwise indestructible. I love glassware myself. I've broke my share of glass. Last Sherlock I had broke, I glued one of my glass bongs back together because it was a clean break.
  • Myc likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!