27 replies to this topic

#1 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

So I was asked about the recipe I use for making magic gummies.

I found the recipe on google and It’s very simple to adjust

So here is what you need

3 oz. flavored gelatin (do not use sugar-free)
1 envelope (1/4 oz.) unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup cold water
Some kind of mold (I used a silicone ice tray)
9C888E08-B175-41E2-851D-900DFB031B30.jpeg
(I didn’t use this flavor just showing as example)

So you need to decide how much mushroom material you are going to put in each gummy I chose to use .5 g for each and this recipe made about 15 gummies of this size
So for this batch I needed 7.5 g copes.

So here we go...

Spray a paper towel with nonstick cooking spray, then rub it lightly around the cavities in the mold, to coat them with a thin layer of oil.

Then weigh out the dose you plan to put in each gummy and pour the ground material into each cavity. ( ignore the fact that I filled the tray, this recipe is only enough to fill about 15 of the cavities.)

C3B24A77-122C-49D9-B432-08BA9F2666EE.jpeg

In a small bowl, combine both gelatins and the cold water. Whisk them together, then let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to allow the gelatin to soak up the water and soften.
Microwave the bowl for 30 seconds, then whisk well. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. If the sugar has dissolved and the mixture looks clear and well-mixed, then pour it into a measuring cup with a spout. If not, microwave for another 10 to 15 seconds until all of the sugar and gelatin have dissolved into the water.

Now that you gummy mixture is ready pour the mixture into the mold over the top of your ground material, fill the mold to the top in as many of the cavities as you can.
2804313A-45B4-4D6D-B44B-0D9E84581669.jpeg

Once all of the batch is covered take a toothpick and stir each cavity to incorporate the mushrooms into the gummy mix. There will be air bubbles that float to the top as well as the majority of the mushroom material but this depends on how “set” your mix is before you stir it.

Anyway once it’s all mixed up, just pop the tray into the fridge and wait about 20-30 minutes and you should have nice and pretty little magic gummie candies.
04477EFE-D90C-4400-9E19-9133DD9A4C82.jpeg

Disclaimer: IMO these gummies do not taste great but they go down a lot easier than dry mushrooms.

That’s all there is to it guys and gals. So give it a try and let me know what you think.

D9EAA5CC-7FB2-4067-BAA6-1CE06CE6EFB3.jpeg
  • onediadem, Sidestreet, Soliver and 4 others like this

#2 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:56 PM

Why not mix all the ground mush into the gelatin & then pour? 

Just a thought - it would nix weighing all 15 + doses separately ... if it would still pour?  Hmm ...

And - you know me - I wonder if one could use extract in place of some of the water, sorta like jello shots?

Great stuff,

:)

soliver

• RamenShaman likes this

#3 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:55 PM

I too thought about mixing the mushrooms into the jello mix however the you may not end up with an even distributions the only reason I pre weigh each is to ensure that each gummy has exactly .5 g of material each. Making the dosing process very user friendly. But if this is not a concern by all means skip the preweighing step as it is easily the most tedious part of the process

Edited by RamenShaman, 08 July 2018 - 01:56 PM.

• onediadem, Da-1 and bezevo like this

#4 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 967 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:44 PM

i wonder if  stronger flavored spices might mask flavor ..like cinnamon  or star anise ect ? ? hummm....

• Sidestreet likes this

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:06 PM

Grate lime rind into it before the microwave. That is where the strongest flavor comes from.

• Soliver, bezevo, PinkMenace and 1 other like this

#6 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:23 PM

I too thought about mixing the mushrooms into the jello mix however the you may not end up with an even distributions the only reason I pre weigh each is to ensure that each gummy has exactly .5 g of material each. Making the dosing process very user friendly. But if this is not a concern by all means skip the preweighing step as it is easily the most tedious part of the process

I'm a big fan of "hypothetical" dosing ... as in, "hypothetically, this extract represents one gram.  If you wanna eat one exact gram, I've got that AND a clean toilet to contemplate your decision."   

Grate lime rind into it before the microwave. That is where the strongest flavor comes from.

As always, your genius experience astounds me. 

My current go-to is a shot of Bloody Mary mix, with some lime (and of course, extract) ....

I'm too old to taste this shit.

soliver

Edited by Soliver, 08 July 2018 - 10:24 PM.

• onediadem, suckerfree and RamenShaman like this

#7 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:35 PM

The lime would be a good addition in some cherry gummies :)
  • onediadem likes this

#8 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,687 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:35 AM

I like this concept as well as all of the flavor suggestions.  My suggestion would be to extract the mushrooms in a tea and then use it to make the gummies.  I would grind cracker dry mushies (small but not to a powder), soak them in a minimum amount of lime juice for twenty minutes, and then simmer in water for a good half hour.  Then filter the mushroom gunk out, cool, and make the gummies.

That way there are no bits of mushroom.  You would lose some potency that way but you can just increase the amount that you start with to compensate.

Edited by Sidestreet, 09 July 2018 - 05:36 AM.

• onediadem, sandman, Soliver and 2 others like this

#9 sandman

sandman

BACTERIA!

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:44 AM

I have done this as sidestreet says, by making a strong tea extract and filtering the mush out. Then using said tea water as my gelatin water. Also add some crushed up vitamin c pills (ascorbic acid) as a antioxidant (makes it last longer without getting weaker and also preservative and also sour taste you want)

It works fucking great. The taste and smell is kinda odd but it's still awesome.

• onediadem, Soliver and RamenShaman like this

#10 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

Hmmm I will have to try it that way the mushroom bits do kind of ruin the best part about the gummy.
  • sandman likes this

#11 ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:40 PM

Looks yummy Raman :) sure beats the old ginger tea and shrooms, kinda yuck the tea is

#12 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:01 AM

I missed this till now. Nice write up.

Have you looked into soy lethicine as an additive?

Soy lethicine is an emulsifier so it will help hold things in a more even suspension and it aids in the digestion and absorbption of the food in the gut. This would be a good additive to add if you go an extract or tea route with out dosing each gummies with said amount of extract

It does not increase the potancy but In MJ edibles it increases the efficiency of the dose because the THC molecule is rather large and difficult for the gut to absorb. It cuts the dose I would eat from a pan of brownies making 4 servings of a strong dose into 8 -12 servings of a strong dose.

I have not experimented with it in the mushroom application but it is a staple in my edibles and frustrate me that dispensary edibles don’t use this too. Store bought edibles are a waste of money for me cause I end up eating 3 -4 of their 10mg doses and have had very inconsistent results.
Mi know CatsAndBats has played around with it as a additive to mushroom edibles and spoke of positive results. M
It’s pretty cheep and can be found in most health food stores and “natural” type grocery even though most of the kids working in them have never heard of it.

Locally there are some acres up the way the airplane lands that are green is where it can be found.

Or amazon
  • wharfrat and RamenShaman like this

#13 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,207 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:31 PM

I'd like to echo our fine furry friend and declare that soy lecithin greatly improves uptake of desired alkaloids. I add it to all edibles including mushroom confections.

It's basically a surfactant that one can consume and it improves the mucus that one's stomach produces, therefore aiding uptake of all nutrients and alkaloids.

It's also used in confections to reduce sugar crystallization. :thumbs_up:

• onediadem and RamenShaman like this

#14 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

Hey thanks guys that’s great info. I have not tried to make the tea or extract version of these gummies but I ate 3 of them(1.5g equivalent) and it was a decent ride. I will have to try this soy additive. Anyone have a suggestion as to how much I should add? I have never used it.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#15 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,207 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:51 PM

Hey thanks guys that’s great info. I have not tried to make the tea or extract version of these gummies but I ate 3 of them(1.5g equivalent) and it was a decent ride. I will have to try this soy additive. Anyone have a suggestion as to how much I should add? I have never used it.

A small pinch of granules per gummy should suffice. :thumbs_up:

• RamenShaman likes this

#16 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:57 PM

Cool thanks Psybearknot and CatsAndBats. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for this.

So far even though this method isn’t perfect (yet) it’s by far the easiest way for me to eat mushrooms.

That taste is so bad. I used to do it fine but now I gag lol

#17 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

There is something to be said about a simple and solid ecipe without getting more complicated

Edited by PsyBearknot, 26 July 2018 - 04:24 PM.

• Soliver, PinkMenace and TrippyHippyPunk like this

#18 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:53 PM

Would soy lecithin have any benefit in an extract?

May be a dumb question, but I'm full of those.  Just curious.

That said, I'm gonna score some for some gummies - I just can't resist a good recipe.

soliver

• RamenShaman likes this

#19 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:13 PM

In an MJ extract running a pound of butter all that is needed is a tablespoon of the liquid or a couple teaspoons of granules
So Cats suggestion of couple sprinkles per gummy is right there

Granules way easier to use I could not find local

Yes can add to your extract. Keep in mind emulsification and use that when to apply to your extract or tea or gummy.

My experience with it is MJ and the reason for the examples I give but it will help guide you in how you use it in this application

It can stand cooking I would add half to my oil or butter extraction and half to the end product. I promoted this process and some one used margarine instradnand it siezed up to the plant material and ruined the batch.
  • Soliver likes this

#20 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

I have done this as sidestreet says, by making a strong tea extract and filtering the mush out. Then using said tea water as my gelatin water. Also add some crushed up vitamin c pills (ascorbic acid) as a antioxidant (makes it last longer without getting weaker and also preservative and also sour taste you want)

It works fucking great. The taste and smell is kinda odd but it's still awesome.

why strain.. There's always some more fun when we include it all!
I make a tea. Steep with my broken fungi and a tea bag or two. I find apple cinnamon is pleasant

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!