• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:59 AM

So I found an inexpensive source of MHR powder but I wanted to yall a couple questions first.
This tek was recomeded to me for a first time.

https://wiki.dmt-nex...e/Lazyman's_tek

It mentions 400g roots but mentions bark is quicker. Obviously 400g is 400g. I found a seller at alibaba that is selling the powder by the kg. If you just want a kg, it's 30$. But if you wanna buy 100kg it's $15/kg.

But the thing that confuses me is that there are different "qualities".

There's the 10/1 ratio: 10kg bark makes 1kg powder

A 20/1

And a 50/1

All are fairly affordable compared to domestic or European sources. My question is: a) how tf does that work and b) would even the 10/1 work ok?

#2 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,476 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:36 AM

Like you said, 400g is 400g.  How can 10 kg make 1 kg?  I think I'm misunderstanding something.

• coorsmikey and Commienerd like this

#3 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:32 AM

I would be very careful here - this sounds scammy to me.  You may remember that "Salvia" can be concentrated quite easily and is sold in these "10x", "20x" concentrations, but the same is NOT true of MHRB (or other RB's) with regard to active spice compounds.  This sounds like someone trying to make people think they are getting a "Higher concentration" - But that is solely dependent on the biological aspect of the species of tree, how and where it was grown, and many other factors. Check the reviews of the site you are buying from, and the person selling - and always maintain the "buyer beware" for a number of reasons, not the least of which this may be a "honey pot". 

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 11 July 2018 - 08:32 AM.

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,928 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:54 AM

Those price are extremely inexpensive so would have me skittish also.
  • Pan1 likes this

#5 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:41 AM

I'm sure how the root bark is processed and when asked, they said it wasn't. So I don't know. And I found out the shipping is $50, so $80. I think I might buy from a more straight forward seller, or go back to domestic and European sellers...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#6 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

Ok, so yeah, it's some sort of extract... So probably not...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#7 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 775 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:34 PM

Even if that is legitimately mhrb and not a scam I have to think that it was harvested from a clear cut with a bulldozer. One of those sites advertised 50000 kilos a month available which is just depressing. It probably contains ground up barbaloots and loraxs too.
I’d also steer clear of the lazy man tek. Lazy plus lye, solvent, and psychedelic compounds that are going to end up in your brain is a bad combination.
For anything over 100g, I recommend an A/B.
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#8 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

A/B is the only viable way to extract and purify spice - and it should be done with the best lab tools you can get your hands on (Ebay is your friend).  Check out these links on building stuff your your own lab - lots of good ideas that will save you $$$, however for the best A/B I would highly recommend you get yourself a REAL separatory funnel.  A decent Buchner funnel will also help and you can make one of those.

https://mycotopia.ne...f-a-lab-thread/

https://mycotopia.ne...ings-diy-thread

#9 Commienerd

Commienerd

Padawan

• Free Member
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:31 PM

Good points, all. I guess if Im in for a dime, Im in for a dollar. The lazy way is how a good friend of mine does it. No issues. But I do want to do the A/B method. Theres the money issue and the room issue. 

Edited by Commienerd, 11 July 2018 - 04:31 PM.

#10 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:10 AM

on the other site, I have used CYBs max ion tek with good results. it's easy and straight forward. The salt is used help push the dmt from the solution to the np solvent. It is basicly a kind of A/B without boiling in the acid which i have also done along with the rest of the process.

#11 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

If done correctly and with powdered bark, the lazymans tek is absolutely fine to use, in fact I use it all the time on acrb with high yields, but I agree that that is based on many factors with the tree yield wise.
  • deemesis likes this

#12 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

Get a separatory funnel. You'll thank me. I got a nice 500ml one on eBay for 30 bucks. It's about 200 new! Ground glass joints and the works. Get a good stand and clamps too. Here's a lab Tek I started awhile back with tons of contributions, and we encourage any new lab techniques you have!

https://mycotopia.ne...f-a-lab-thread/

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 26 January 2019 - 07:05 PM.

• Mushinist likes this

#13 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:46 PM

Nice thread Steam!
And yep I use my separatory funnel all the time. I also just got my Buchner funnel that I'll be using for a bufo extraction, can't wait!
  • SteampunkScientist, Musher365 and deemesis like this

#14 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 775 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:43 PM

You’d better add a “stainless steel potato masher” to that lab kit if you’re going to be following the Lazyman tek.

#15 Jawn

Jawn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:52 PM

There is no reason to do a STB extraction, unless you desperately need spice in the next few hours. A/B will consistently give you substantially higher and cleaner yields. Spend the time and effort and it'll be worth it. https://mycotopia.ne...-by-side/page-3.

#16 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:10 PM

Exactly.
STBs are fine for extracting relatively small quantities of root bark in an evening but far anything more than a hundred grams or so, an A/B is actually easier and much safer since one isn’t dealing with huge quantities of lye in a big bucket of sludgy solution.

#17 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:49 AM

If your bark is powdered, then straight to base is absolutely the easiest way to go. Always practice proper safety and common sense . You will have to base with lye either way.

This was done on 400g of powdered acrb using the lazyman tek in a 2000ml Pyrex bottle, right at the 2% yield mark. Only difference is I didn't have to wait around for the bark to break down, nor did I have to cook stinky acidic solution in my kitchen several times.

If your bark is shredded, or chunky, then go ahead and do an a/b.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170208_051308.jpg
  • 20170208_051618.jpg

Edited by Mushinist, 18 February 2019 - 02:51 AM.

• deemesis likes this

#18 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

You must have a tiny little stainless steel potato masher to fit down the neck of that Pyrex bottle.

#19 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:16 PM

If your bark is powdered, then straight to base is absolutely the easiest way to go. Always practice proper safety and common sense . You will have to base with lye either way.
This was done on 400g of POWDERED acrb using the lazyman tek in a 2000ml Pyrex bottle, right at the 2% yield mark. Only difference is I didn't have to wait around for the bark to break down, nor did I have to cook stinky acidic solution in my kitchen several times.
If your bark is shredded, or chunky, then go ahead and do an a/b.

I guess I forgot to put it in all caps, you don't need one for powdered. Just base, put naps in, roll, do your pulls, freeze. Doesn't get any easier other than just buying DMT.

I'm curious as to what the OP went with since they haven't replied since!?

#20 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:39 PM

Jesus Christ dude I’m fucking with you. To each his own okay?
I just prefer A/B’s for larger quantities of bark, powdered or otherwise, and don’t think that the Lazyman tek is a particularly good example of an STB.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!