Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

June POTM needs more votes please !!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,246 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

The contest is over in two days, on the 15th.

So far we only have 10 votes. Please take a moment and check out the nominations, and vote for your favorite on the poll at the top of the page.

Your participation is greatly appreciated !

https://mycotopia.ne...-month-contest/

Edited by Skywatcher, 13 July 2018 - 06:24 PM.

• Juthro, Microbe and wharfrat like this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,319 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:56 PM

Headed that way

#3 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,319 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:57 PM

Link takes you to July

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,246 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

OOOPs,

Fixed it. Thanks Psy !!!!!

#5 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:00 AM

The contest is over in two days, on the 15th.
So far we only have 10 votes. Please take a moment and check out the nominations, and vote for your favorite on the poll at the top of the page.

Your participation is greatly appreciated !

https://mycotopia.ne...-month-contest/

Can a admin set it up to where users can vote via taptalk? I will log into the site via mobile browser again to vote but it would be splended like a cup of tea if i could vote via taptalk.......i dont think i have ever used via 3 times im a paragraph or now its 4 times!
  • Juthro likes this

#6 MeadMaker

MeadMaker

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 110 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:06 PM

I thought, "I voted already."  How time flies.  That was last month!  :biggrin:

Wish we could vote for first, second, third place.

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#7 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,500 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

I thought, "I voted already."  How time flies.  That was last month!  :biggrin:

Wish we could vote for first, second, third place.

LOL, I've been there before....Time flies when we're having fun! 

As far as second place, ect, ect.  I personally don't really see a need for an award, as every pic that gets submitted in this  contest is a winner just for being here.  I'm not against an award, but I think it would cause more work for the mods and is unnecessary.  But I like that you bring up that it's not just about the pic that wins the most votes. 

So I would like to say thank-you to everyone who takes the time, and effort to share their captures with us here.   I get lots of people tell me how much they enjoy seeing glimpses of the world I live in.  Well, that works in reverse too, as I too like to see things I don't get to see everyday outside my window.

• Skywatcher and Microbe like this

#8 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,246 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:36 PM

I can't really set up awards for 2nd and 3rd place, and with the usual multiple ties on nominations, that would result in almost every picture nomination getting some placing mention.

I will add the 2nd and third placing nominations to the congratulatory post if you all like.......

Edited by Skywatcher, 15 July 2018 - 01:42 PM.

• Juthro, Microbe and OldBear like this

#9 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,454 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:47 PM

I just know you're nagging ME!  :tinfoil:

Already voted, things is looking good for the garden pic

+1 for the no-need for second and third place awards. Just being nominated is reward  enough given the cash value of the prize :tongue:

Edited by pharmer, 15 July 2018 - 01:49 PM.

• Skywatcher, Juthro and Microbe like this

#10 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:05 PM

2nd place is the first looser......sounds harsh doesnt it? Im with Juthro and pharmer that every picture that gets nominated is a winner. My buddy needles brought me a lense to try out with my Nikon D2 so im hoping to get in on the action!

Edited by Microbe, 15 July 2018 - 04:06 PM.

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:13 PM

Everyone gets a trophy!

953084492128b7277b71a8e7f0228812.jpg

• Skywatcher, Microbe and Oneyedraven like this

#12 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,246 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:16 PM

I just know you're nagging ME!  :tinfoil:

I wasn't trying to my friend, but tagging you in a quote is more fun than just typing "Bump" to keep the votes coming in, and not quite actually nagging.

Should I divulge that I can't actually see who has voted, or who they voted for?

• Juthro likes this

#13 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,500 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:46 PM

'another subtle BUMP [and some subtle post padding]'

Should I divulge that I can't actually see who has voted, or who they voted for?

No, I wouldn't......   ;P)

EDIT:  That Needles is pretty damn good guy.  What kind of lens did he set you up with Microbe?

Edited by Juthro, 15 July 2018 - 06:48 PM.

• Skywatcher and Microbe like this

#14 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,454 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:08 PM

probably that focus stacking monstrosity.

stayed tuned for Microbes' pic of a ticks' nostril and tonsil- both in focus

Edited by pharmer, 15 July 2018 - 08:09 PM.

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher, Juthro and 2 others like this

#15 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:00 AM

'another subtle BUMP [and some subtle post padding]'

No, I wouldn't...... ;P)

EDIT: That Needles is pretty damn good guy. What kind of lens did he set you up with Microbe?
He is allowing me to test drive it. There is another lense much larger that I will also be purchasing and will be great for my sons sports. I was disappointed that i won't really be able to take photos of stars, the moon, and etc. I found out that the lense I would like is 15k.....yikes!

Anyway here is the lense in mint condition. I dropped it once......dont tell @Needles....im joking. He probably was like well now i have to buy it!

1769fd551c8fe46a9d1dfbd4b36e9f70.jpg
  • Juthro likes this

#16 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,500 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

That Needles is a pretty damn good guy. What kind of lens did he set you up with Microbe?

He is allowing me to test drive it. There is another lense much larger that I will also be purchasing and will be great for my sons sports. I was disappointed that i won't really be able to take photos of stars, the moon, and etc. I found out that the lense I would like is 15k.....yikes!

Nikon professional lenses are the price of a nice car, that's no joke.

I'm no pro, and I'm not trying to make a living with my pics.  So with that said, my performance expectations of a lens are going to be a lot lower then Needles is likely to be.  

But for hobbyist use my DX 55-300MM, f/4.5 - f/5.6 has done everything I could expect from it.   It's the lens that better then 90% of the pictures I share here have been shot with.  It wont do astro-photography like a pro lens, there is no doubt about that.  But you can definitely make it do some.

play.jpg

It runs for just under $400 on amazon  (new).   Most of the time they (Amazon) will also have a D5300, or a D5500(my camera) camera body bundled with one of these lens's in a starter kit for just under $1000.

• Microbe likes this

#17 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,454 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:05 PM

I was wondering what made that lens worth $1400 so I looked it up

constant zoom - look it up

77mm objective lens - lets in lots of light but I'm surprised the max aperature is only 2.8      plenty for astrophotography btw

someday I'll understand the differences and subtleties of those horribly complex geometrics inside a zoom lens

• Juthro and Microbe like this

#18 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,500 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

I'm with Pharmer, the magic and mathematics that happen inside of a zoom lens is beyond me.

I would be proud to have that lens in my camera bag.  I am sure it would allow me to capture a whole range of shots much better than I can with the lenses that I am using now. 

It would have been nice at the air show for instance, to capture pics of static displays on the tarmac.  My 55-300 wouldn't let me fit the entire plane in the picture when I was that close.

The more I read about it, the more I am starting to get jealous.   Almost every review I see for it, the reviewer is in love with that lens.

I think its very cool of Needles to let you test drive it, and I hope you have fun with it.

• Microbe likes this

#19 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

I'm with Pharmer, the magic and mathematics that happen inside of a zoom lens is beyond me.

I would be proud to have that lens in my camera bag. I am sure it would allow me to capture a whole range of shots much better than I can with the lenses that I am using now.

It would have been nice at the air show for instance, to capture pics of static displays on the tarmac. My 55-300 wouldn't let me fit the entire plane in the picture when I was that close.

The more I read about it, the more I am starting to get jealous. Almost every review I see for it, the reviewer is in love with that lens.

I think its very cool of Needles to let you test drive it, and I hope you have fun with it.

There is another lense I'm getting that retails aeoumd 2500.00 but i forget the model. Its a much larger lense and im wanting to say it is 200mm -700mm 1.8: something lmao. We figured that i would be close to 4k retail for under 1k. Needles doesnt own the lenses but instead is brokering the deal. There is also a micro lense i might get as well. I cant wait and now i need to go out and buy a better laptop as the few i have are for browsing and emails and not much storage to run photo editing programs. We were able to gets some amazing shots of my dog shaking the water off her fur and in amazing detail. I could use a recommendation on a flash if any of you have one. This is probably more suited for the photography thread I suppose and im sure needles would have a recommendation also. I cant wait!
  • Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!