A black swan moment for me indeed. I don't normally justify the political system by participating in it but I am making an exception here (and a virtually painless one at that). Following is the text of what was sent to me. Find more at www.freeross.org
The United States Supreme Court has rejected Ross' appeal, his only chance for freedom now lies in the hands of President Trump, who with a squiggly line on a piece of paper could set him free. And while I don't agree with the prison system, nor the political system, the people with a monopoly on legalized violence make the rules about how to put people in cages and how to let them out.
Why does this matter to you?
Ross's case sets dangerous precedents which further damage and disable rights that we all have - so it's not about one guy who at 25 made an online marketplace that soon challenged the establishment - it's about how the Judicial system sets precedents in law, which then adversely affect case law for others, and the precedents set include:
- No longer does a chain of custody need to exist for evidence to be validated by the court
- No longer does a person's actions have anything to do with their guilt/not-guilty status (notice that nobody is Innocent in the eyes of the court, you're simply guilty/not-guilty)
- No longer does it matter if federal agents interfere with evidence, steal from the target of their surveillance, or otherwise sully or contaminate evidence; in the eyes of the court it's all proven based upon the government does no wrong.
- No longer does reason apply to the validity of arguments. Example: Ross was arrested for being the Silk Road admin at the time, and yet, after Ross's arrest, the Silk Road administrator continued to log in.
- Plausible denial being non-existent means that "guilty beyond reasonable doubt" is not necessary for "Justice", merely being "doubtfully guilty" is good enough.
this link is the direct link:
THANK YOU :)