4 replies to this topic

#1 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,449 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:03 AM

A black swan moment for me indeed. I don't normally justify the political system by participating in it but I am making an exception here (and a virtually painless one at that). Following is the text of what was sent to me. Find more at www.freeross.org

The United States Supreme Court has rejected Ross' appeal, his only chance for freedom now lies in the hands of President Trump, who with a squiggly line on a piece of paper could set him free. And while I don't agree with the prison system, nor the political system, the people with a monopoly on legalized violence make the rules about how to put people in cages and how to let them out.

Why does this matter to you?

Ross's case sets dangerous precedents which further damage and disable rights that we all have - so it's not about one guy who at 25 made an online marketplace that soon challenged the establishment - it's about how the Judicial system sets precedents in law, which then adversely affect case law for others, and the precedents set include:

1. No longer does a chain of custody need to exist for evidence to be validated by the court
  2. No longer does a person's actions have anything to do with their guilt/not-guilty status (notice that nobody is Innocent in the eyes of the court, you're simply guilty/not-guilty)
  3. No longer does it matter if federal agents interfere with evidence, steal from the target of their surveillance, or otherwise sully or contaminate evidence; in the eyes of the court it's all proven based upon the government does no wrong.
  4. No longer does reason apply to the validity of arguments. Example: Ross was arrested for being the Silk Road admin at the time, and yet, after Ross's arrest, the Silk Road administrator continued to log in.
  5. Plausible denial being non-existent means that "guilty beyond reasonable doubt" is not necessary for "Justice", merely being "doubtfully guilty" is good enough.

this link is the direct link:

https://www.change.o...e-for-a-website

THANK YOU :)

• Myc, Juthro, wharfrat and 2 others like this

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:35 AM

Signed.
  • August West likes this

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,342 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:42 AM

I'm in.

I also rarely participate in the system, but its worth it for this cause.  August is 100% correct on this, it was a complete railroad job by the government.  This guy did nothing that deserves 2 life sentences + 40 years, with no chance of parole.   And not a single violent crime.  Come on man, it don't take a rocket scientist to see that this is a setup.

FREE ROSS!!!

• August West likes this

#4 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,390 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

signed, and shared

• August West likes this

#5 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,619 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:18 AM

After recently making a decision to "check out" and ignore the whole political and legal system for the rest of my life...........

I somehow suckered myself into signing this. 

• coorsmikey and August West like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!