#341 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 257 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:26 AM

It's ps.gal. atl#7 and no not grain it's my variation on hippy3 tek. I grew out quart jars for 3 months harvested stones and cased top and bottom of the crumbled sub. After roughly 2weeks exposed to casing I birthed and put into fruiting chamber 9 days later I had pins and today more like tonight I'll harvest and eat probably half of them

#342 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 257 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:36 AM

Just before harvest and into the dehydrator. I ate one and am having a good day. Taste is not appealing to me

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190304_074650.jpg

• Lakegal7, Cuboid, raymycoto and 3 others like this

#343 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:39 PM

They definitely have a bitter metallic taste, similar to the stones. I do wish you would've tried them fresh. They are one of the species that definitely feels different after drying, though the dried fruits are still better than cubes. (IMO of course)

Very nice job. If they're anything like mine you'll get plenty of flushes out of that. :)
  • PinkMenace likes this

#344 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:44 PM

They definitely have a bitter metallic taste, similar to the stones. I do wish you would've tried them fresh. They are one of the species that definitely feels different after drying, though the dried fruits are still better than cubes. (IMO of course)

Very nice job. If they're anything like mine you'll get plenty of flushes out of that. :)

Your flushes are beautiful. I still have a lot of dialing in to do. I'm sick of the pinhead caps and the wonky growing out in all directions but up.

#345 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

Mine always grow in every direction instead of nice and straight up. Is it not flat enough casing? Something else?

Also, even with more fresh air and light, my fruits are still have tiny tiny caps.

It might be my genetics (the small caps thing).

You're working with an isolate, right?

If my suggestion of more water in the casing or more RH doesnt work, it's most certainly genetic.

And just for everyones info, I have a bunch of jars and bags, all MS, either ready for harvest, or looking like no stones will ever appear. In both cases, that means I'm going to have a lot of colonized grain ( I'm talking at least 2 dozen lbs, and that's just the ones that are 6 months already) that I can/will fruit.

So expect a bunch of stone producer fruits in the following weeks =)

I am not working with an isolate. I have been procrastinating cloning them. Each flush I tell myself I'll clone it, but never do. Maybe I'll pull out some of the dry stuff and clone that - more cleaning and riskier since I don't know if it was a cluster or not, but whatever. 

#346 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:36 PM

Oh, my mistake. At least you're getting something. All you can do is keep trying. All of mine so far have been MS, so hopefully you'll get lucky like me ;)

#347 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:28 PM

I had to empty my Martha bc green showed up everywhere on the plastic, so I had to harvest the Atl#7 I had successfully fruited from the containers, plus one more sub that was 1 quart of rye spawned to 2lbs of poo compost.

The PF jars were made with the standard formula, except I use half water half coffee. There is 1 tall half pint, 1 4oz jar, and a little 2oz container. I put them in seperate piles in the pic. The amount of stones compared to substrate is unbelievable. The one stone in my hand spanned the entirety of the tall jar, and was a full inch thick, like a puck. I have never seen a stone form a complete layer like that. I almost broke the jar trying to get it out without breaking it.

The sub never fruited. It was too thick and I originally let the casing colonize, then never attended to it except to add another layer of verm to wick up some pooling months ago. This is actually the only time I've not at least gotten a couple fruits.

The jars and grain spawn were all started on 9/7 of last year, MS. I have so many jars and bags laying around, I put these straight in the dehydrator, and there is over half a lb dry from just these few jars and a thick sub. I'll get a pic of the dried batch if anyone wants to see it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190307_171356.jpg
  • 20190307_171820.jpg
  • 20190307_172315.jpg
  • 20190307_172356.jpg
  • 20190307_183538.jpg

• Sicshroom and raymycoto like this

#348 ResponsibleAdult

ResponsibleAdult

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

I'd like to add my small contribution, I've gone into more detail in other threads, but basically I kept it as simple as possible.

Mexicana fruiting from a 125ml PF tek cake:

IMG_20190306_101746.jpg

A few weeks later:
IMG_20190310_110914.jpg

A neglected (literally lost it for a few weeks) bird seed jar that is bursting with stones:
IMG_20190310_113559.jpg

And a family picture showing mexicana, cearulescens and cubensis growing side by side:
IMG_20190306_101812.jpg

• RutgerHauer likes this

#349 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:57 PM

Has anyone ever gotten an allergic reaction to stones? I have only eaten them once, bought them in a smart shop here in NL. I am allergic to almonds, some nuts and a whole bunch of fruit and vegetables - and I do remember them having a nutty taste. But, I was wondering if the reaction is common with home grown stones as well - or that my reaction might have something to do with how they treat the product for shelve storage times..

When I had touched the stones the residue on my hand got irritating because i touched my face and where I touch things swell up and clear up after a few hours. Also, I felt sick the entire trip, not worth it for me. Have not had the issues with shrooms, dried at least.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 10 March 2019 - 03:58 PM.

#350 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:56 PM

Has anyone ever gotten an allergic reaction to stones? I have only eaten them once, bought them in a smart shop here in NL. I am allergic to almonds, some nuts and a whole bunch of fruit and vegetables - and I do remember them having a nutty taste. But, I was wondering if the reaction is common with home grown stones as well - or that my reaction might have something to do with how they treat the product for shelve storage times..

When I had touched the stones the residue on my hand got irritating because i touched my face and where I touch things swell up and clear up after a few hours. Also, I felt sick the entire trip, not worth it for me. Have not had the issues with shrooms, dried at least.

Some people claim to have reactions from the stones, others dont. There is some debate as to whether there is an irriatant in them. I've never puked from shrooms, but I have once with eating fresh stones.

I hate the taste myself, and just that makes my stomach turn. I greatly prefer tea with stones...its like that's what they were meant for I like it so much.
  • Sicshroom and RutgerHauer like this

#351 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

I wasn't sick like in puking, but my stomach didn't like it a bit, that's for sure. My reaction is why I stayed away from stones, but since I have spores to grow some I'll probably try them again, maybe dry or just in a tea like you say, if only to avoid the body load I experienced.

#352 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:44 PM

Just finished reading through this whole thread. You guys and gals are a bunch of legends. Well done. Great pics, and info. I’ve learned a lot. Sub’d
  • Sicshroom likes this

#353 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 257 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:26 PM

Just finished reading through this whole thread. You guys and gals are a bunch of legends. Well done. Great pics, and info. I’ve learned a lot. Sub’d

Join us and see what you can do

Attached Thumbnails

• giphy.gif

• Bobotrank and DaveyJonez like this

#354 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:22 AM

Thanks. Careful what you wish for.
  • DaveyJonez likes this

#355 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 257 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:36 AM

Thanks. Careful what you wish for.

I wish you success like this my friend

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190320_123220.jpg
  • IMG_20190320_123236.jpg
  • IMG_20190320_123340.jpg
  • IMG_20190320_123410.jpg

• Bobotrank likes this

#356 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 257 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:38 AM

Harvest for today

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190320_123724.jpg

• Bobotrank likes this

#357 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:02 AM

Those are beautiful. Tampanensis?

#358 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 257 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:39 AM

Those are beautiful. Tampanensis?

P.gal. atl #7 and thank you send me a p.m. if you want a print

#359 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 815 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:01 PM

I wasn't sick like in puking, but my stomach didn't like it a bit, that's for sure. My reaction is why I stayed away from stones, but since I have spores to grow some I'll probably try them again, maybe dry or just in a tea like you say, if only to avoid the body load I experienced.

Allergic reactions can escalate in severity. It's up to you, but I'd advise against it - doesn't seem worth the risk. Especially with how your skin was reacting, next time it could be your throat.

Okay Pink mc Downer has said their piece ;-)

Edited by PinkMenace, 21 March 2019 - 04:09 PM.

• Sicshroom likes this

#360 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:01 PM

Here's some Atl on brf

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190322_125735.jpg
  • 20190322_125745.jpg

• Sicshroom likes this