• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#361 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

So curiosity got the best of me and I cracked one of them jars open. There was only 6 grams in it but I wasn't expecting there to be much anyway. So after scrubbing them with a toothbrush the impulsive part of my brain says "why don't you just eat them?" Of course I agreed. We'll see if I can feel a little something from these or not
  • jkdeth likes this

#362 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:07 PM

Also check out my 50 lb bag of rye grain that I got for $20. I don't know what the cost of grain is for where you guys live but for me this is a fuckin score!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190322_135951.jpg
  • 20190322_135943.jpg
  • 20190322_135725.jpg

• Sicshroom likes this

#363 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

In this jar the stones have pushed the cake up off from the bottom of the jar. I have 2 jars that are doing this. PS the 6 wet grams of stones I ate the other day was nice! It wasn't quite a trip but it was still nice

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190328_163540.jpg
  • 20190328_163502.jpg

• Sicshroom and Bobotrank like this

#364 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:27 PM

Ok so I got some Atl#7 germinated on agar. It took a long time, like 4 weeks to germinate. Also it was inoculated via syringe which is why it's off to the side like that. I have a question for you all; has anyone ever had success growing stones from a substrate that was inoculated by an agar wedge? The reason I ask is because when I grew stones back in the day I made a liquid culture from Atl#7 ms. Jars inoculated from this lc colonized fine but never produced stones. I also remember reading back then that it's normal and that only jars inoculated by ms would produce stones. Is agar different than this? I would appreciate any input

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190330_161124.jpg
  • 20190330_161115.jpg

#365 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 299 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:45 AM

I can't say that the case for me because when I got my atl#7 I injected into an LC and I did multiple jars of hippy3 tek at the same time. Since starting the LC I've noc'd up more then a few jars. From what I've seen growing and this maybe not what othersfind but when I harvest my stones and build my fruiting tubs new small stones form under and in my casing layer and the fruit bodies seem to grow from the stones. I didn't document these findings with photos but when I get back to using my f.c. as an f.c. I'll take pix

#366 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:55 AM

Starting from agar shouldn't have that effect. You should get stones the vast majority of the time, but just like cubes you will get the occasional substrain that just doesnt perform well, and may not ever form stones in the jar.

Usually, in those cases, if you break that substrate up and case it to fruit it, stones will form in the casing layer very quickly, even if you never get actual fruits. It's an odd phenomenon.

#367 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna put it on some rye tomorrow. I'll definitely let you guys know how it goes

#368 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 819 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 12:23 PM

I'm throwing in the towel on this current grow. I need to make some space for my next one.

The tubs are full of stones. Any suggestions on long term storage?

#369 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 07:11 PM

Somebody was discussing honey, as it’ll keep them moist, and therefore not rock hard. Disclaimer, tho: I still consider myself a noob, so I’m sure there’s a better tek for stone storage.

#370 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:52 PM

Do you guys know if Atl will fruit off of pure straw?

#371 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 299 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:08 AM

Do you guys know if Atl will fruit off of pure straw?

From lack of response I'd say that's a no. How's everyone's grow going? I've got to start a new round of mushrooms, I got a few jars left to put into fruiting, got more edibles then anything else going on.

#372 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:38 PM

Alright guys I've got 5 half pint jars that are aged over 90 days. I'm gonna bust em up, take the stones out (having some fun this weekend,) and spawn the cakes to poo. I don't suspect I'll have any problems with colonization but I've never fruited these before. It would be nice to fruit them out and make some prints, that's my goal. I'm gonna be bugging you guys for help and advice. This is your warning haha. First question, these guys (atl#7) like a shallow substrate, correct?

Edited by el_ronhub_bird, 30 April 2019 - 08:41 PM.

#373 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:03 PM

So this is what I harvested from 4 half pint brf cakes. Unfortunately I didn't add coffee to increase the yield. Oh well. I split these with a friend, 25 grams each and had a wonderful day trip. I spawned the cakes to poo and like I said I hope to make some spore prints from them. Thanks to the topiates that have helped me with this. PS I saved one cake to try to fruit it out through the top of the jar

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190503_180226.jpg
  • 20190503_180139.jpg

Edited by el_ronhub_bird, 05 May 2019 - 03:08 PM.

• DaveyJonez likes this

#374 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 12:57 PM

Tampanensis on agar 8cafe06bdc2bda8e2c73d02a9c5a1fb9.jpg
  • raymycoto likes this

#375 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:28 PM

Tamp on agar.

NIce - I had a plate that pinned. I took off one of the fruits and threw it onto another plate and it grew nicely to cover most of the plate. I did not have time to do anything with that plate yet but it's in the fridge. Need to get to working on that.

• DaveyJonez likes this

#376 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:13 PM

Tamp on agar.

NIce - I had a plate that pinned. I took off one of the fruits and threw it onto another plate and it grew nicely to cover most of the plate. I did not have time to do anything with that plate yet but it's in the fridge. Need to get to working on that.

What exactly is the benefit of cloning one of them?

#377 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:38 PM

Not sure if any. The plate was possibly an isolate (after a couple of transfers) but my main concern was perhaps to make a cleaner plate (for future LC) since I'd been having some problems with bacteria in my LC.

• DaveyJonez likes this

#378 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:47 PM

Not sure if any. The plate was possibly an isolate (after a couple of transfers) but my main concern was perhaps to make a cleaner plate (for future LC) since I'd been having some problems with bacteria in my LC.

So even when you don't see a contam on agar it could still contam? How long until you can say definitively that your plate won't contam?

#379 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,317 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

First test is a round of transfers. If a plate looks clean, make 4 new plates. Using the tiniest amount of myc you can manage to transfer.
  • DaveyJonez likes this

#380 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,317 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:04 PM

Personally I don't think anything is clean before 4 transfers.
  • raymycoto, Bobotrank and DaveyJonez like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!