#1 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:29 AM

Hello my friends
I have been doing some research And I am definitely interested in trying microdosing. Do you think that 0.2 g is a reasonable starting point when microdosing copes
  • bezevo likes this

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 770 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:53 PM

Which species do you mean? Googling gives a number of possibilities for what mushroom 'copes' might be. If a type of Psilocybe then the following from Erowid may be of use for relative comparison to Cubensis which we usually use 0.2 to 0.5 gram for a microdose.

The psilometric scale of comparative potency of selected Psilocybe mushrooms

Please note that these do not represent average values for widely sampled populations. Just because a mushroom species has some samples that show high or low concentrations does not mean that all mushrooms of that type have levels matching those in this chart.

SPECIES % PSILOCYBIN % PSILOCIN % BAEOCYSTIN REFERENCE
P. azurenscens 1.78 .38 .35 Stamets and Gartz 1995
P. bohemica 1.34 .11 .02 Gartz and Muller 1989; Gartz (1994)
P. semilanceata .98 .02 .36 Gartz 1994
P. baeocystis .85 .59 .10 Repke et al. 1977; Beug and Bigwood 1982(b)
P. cyanescens .85 .36 .03 Stijve and Kuyper 1985; Repke et al. 1977
P. tampanensis .68 .32 n/a Gartz 1994
P. cubensis .63 .60 .025 Gartz 1994; Stijve and de Meijer 1993
P. weilii .61 .27 .05
P. hoogshagenii .60 .10 n/a Heim and Hofmann 1958
P. stuntzii .36 .12 .02 Beug and Bigwood 1982(b); Repke et al. 1977
P. cyanofibrillosa .21 .04 n/a Stamets et al. 1980
P. liniformans .16 n/d .005 Stijve and Kuyper

Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World, Paul Stamets

Edit: After checking and seeing you grew Pan Cyan: Hawaiian ; on that grow thread the relative strength of them vs. P.Cubensis was discussed and it seemed they were thought to be twice as potent.
So microdosing range of dry Pan Cyan would be 0.1 - 0.25 grams. Whether 0.2 would be an OK starting dose for you personally will depend on a few things. How sensitive you are to psilocybin, when you last had any psilocybin, what environment you will be taking it in.
If you're somewhere safe then no harm trying 0.2, but if you are driving or at work or ... and it turns out to not be a sub-perceptual dose for you then things could get interesting in the wrong way ;)
I'm eternally cautious so wouldn't start that high.

Edited by Cuboid, 23 July 2018 - 02:28 PM.

• RamenShaman likes this

#3 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:54 PM

Thank you for your response idk what I was thinking I am well aware that “cope” is far to broad of a term to give any significant information. So that I you for trying to answer my question then putting in the extra effort to look up what I should have included in the original post.

And I think that your right perhaps .2 is too steep for starting off.
I like the idea of a .1g microdose

Now as to frequency. There are a lot of opinions on this. Ranging from 1 on 2 off to a 5 on 2 off regimen.

If I were to do 1 on 2 off at .1 g that’s roughly 1 g a month which is pretty easy to maintain

Does this sound like a reasonable place to start/expand from

#4 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 770 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

It sounds entirely reasonable to me. I'm no expert though - just another guy bumbling through as best I can :)
Hope we get some more folks responses.

#5 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:12 PM

Im not jumping in right away still kindof weighing my options but the info you have shared is very helpful so thank you
  • Cuboid likes this

#6 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:49 PM

I lied about not jumping in. I took my first micro dose on Tuesday. Nothing noticeable but I did have a bit sharper focus on my work. Next dose is tomorrow so I suppose I’ll log my progress here
  • Da-1, Cuboid and Buitensporig like this

#7 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,055 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:45 AM

so have you kept up with regular , micro dosing and are you keeping daily journal

• Cuboid and Pipeline like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!