Raven's microdosing journal

13 replies to this topic

#1 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:37 PM

Just finishing my first flush of GT cubes, so I thought WTF no better time than now to start on the microdosing. I'm currently on a fairly high dose of an SSRI/Anti anxiety med. So in conjunction with the microdosing I'm stepping down my SSRI dose to half -> If all goes well I'll half that etc.

and I have never had medicinal mushrooms prior.

Soo...After first double checking with y'all about the right  starting point and getting my mg/g/fresh/dry specs down.  Took my first micro dose  of .1 mg last night. pulverized a fresh pick  1g in the mini food chopper, covered with lemon juice and let sit for 1/2 hour , strained out the solids added some hot water and honey. drank in one swig.  Glad I started with the 1.g (fresh) - i.e. .1 dry- did fell a bit woozy for a few (for lack of better word) - This time of year for work is hectic and stressful lots of traveling and meeting with different people.  (I know hell of time to switch) any who . So this am I felt like death warmed over getting up.  Foggier than normal for So was wondering if it was those 5HT2a receptors coming on line for the psilocybin?? Well about half way through the day felt a subtle shift in mood, not bad or good but more perspective maybe? It's not like I suddenly felt "happy" or  I didn't  give a F**. It was more of a Zen relax into life greater connectedness sort of thing. Not sure if its a placebo effect lol or would have been a good day otherwise, but 

hey I'm attributing it to the mushrooms for today :). ill try to keep up todate on the progress & pitfalls as I make this journey. Peace 

• Buitensporig likes this

#2 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:52 AM

Yesterday was my first microdose. I noticed that I felt very calm and focused on what I was doing... we will have to see how my 1 on 2 off schedule works for me.

How often are you planning to MD Raven?

#3 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:56 AM

@OED - Do you mind me asking which SSRI you've been on and how long? I'm struggling to get off Sertraline. I'm down to 1/3rd the prescribed dose but when I tried to go without I had withdrawal symptoms. Planning on reducing the dose some more soon ... It's really trying my patience though. I didn't expect it'd take months and months to taper off.
It reducesy confidence in the micro dosing working. I persist anyhow, taking about 0.3 grams every third day (unless I forget/lose track/something gets in the way). I'm fighting a variety of chronic physical and mental health issues with overlapping symptoms so it's difficult to know what to attribute to what but I am gradually making progress on balance. I tried making a journal template in a spreadsheet but got so many categories I wanted to track it was overwhelming. Have you checked out the micro dosing info and resourced at The Third Wave website?

#4 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:51 PM

Cube- I am on 40 mg Viibryd now 20! if you Google the specs on it it has a partial 5ht1 inhibitor. Which I think is part of it's success for me. It was a life saver for me 8 years Ago
But I've found where it mediates the lows it also does the same for the highs so life has kinda been meh.. for a while. Noe working with a great counselor and soon seeing a Psy med Dr. Just for emergency back up (although the microdosing is my little secret) lol yes I've looked into the 3rd wave not a whole lot there unless you pay to subscribe .
Viibryd is awesome but big $$
They do have a$100 mfg coupon tho. Viibryd did allow me to have a new perspective on things. Had an unusually rough childhood. If you're a mad men fan
The Hersey scene fairly well summed up my childhood. Pulled my self up out of that mess, with a little help from other family. Then lost a child, father then my husband in rapid succession. Re married and took on 3 more kids all under 12.
All that put me over the edge and I had a PTSD break.
Viibryd brought me back from all that ... As God/the universe does.
Found my way here. For the rest of the healing I had tapped in to Jordan Peterson pod cast of his psych classes then the 12 rules for life. Game changers for me for sure. He talks much about shamans, ashyusa (sp?) The right aim and the universe aligning once you get your aim right and I'm pretty sure he's done his share of psychedelics...IMO . Hence my arrival on myco. During my break down I had a very distinct vision from a dead uncle who was an accomplished pharmacist and anesthesiologist he told me "physician ..heal thy self"
So here I am... Finally. I hope I didn't bore you..but you kinda need the full pic to appreciate.

FYI there is genetic testing that can be done to determine which meds will work best..
  • bezevo and Cuboid like this

#5 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:48 PM

Ok friends it's been 1 week with the MCD. Down to 1/4 dose (10mg ) on the SSRI wean.
Noticed about 1/2 way through the week I needed to up the dose.
I'm not sure if dried lost some magic or if I developed - immunity ( just my theory here with the 'immunity' is the sensors are at Max ... for normal functioning the days off allow uptake that act to re-set the sensors.) So I upped dose to .25 gm. For Thursday, Friday & Sat.
Oddly enough on Friday adult daughter made a comment that I seemed like I was alot happier overall W/O knowing about the MCD . Not sure how to explain fully.... But the 'universe & I seem to be more in harmony' on the MCD. If this makes sense?
  • Buitensporig likes this

#6 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:56 PM

Ok friends it's been 1 week with the MCD. Down to 1/4 dose (10mg ) on the SSRI wean.
Noticed about 1/2 way through the week I needed to up the dose.
I'm not sure if dried lost some magic or if I developed - immunity ( just my theory here with the 'immunity' is the sensors are at Max ... for normal functioning the days off allow uptake that act to re-set the sensors.) So I upped dose to .25 gm. For Thursday, Friday & Sat.
Oddly enough on Friday adult daughter made a comment that I seemed like I was alot happier overall W/O knowing about the MCD . Not sure how to explain fully.... But the 'universe & I seem to be more in harmony' on the MCD. If this makes sense?

Probably a better way to say it is that I have been more in harmony with the universe lol...doubt the MCD affected the universe
  • Cuboid likes this

#7 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:54 PM

@OER "But the 'universe & I seem to be more in harmony' on the MCD. If this makes sense?" - Made sense to me, no need to rephrase IMO.

Glad it's working out for you. I get impatient. I did a non-micro dose a few days ago. In the evening so as I'm laying in bed to go to sleep I have 30mins to an hour of vague but interesting closed eye stuff going on. Had to go bathroom, just for bladder, hot here lots of water being drunk. Lino floor was full of faces - this amused me. Sorry, off topic for MD thread.

More on topic - I ran out of divided SSRI pills about the same time and haven't got around to dividing up any more yet, so effectively I've unplanned stopped taking them. So far so good? I'll keep checking in with myself to see if I need to get back on them but maybe I have spent long enough on the very low dose SSRI now. Fingers crossed.

• Oneyedraven likes this

#8 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:55 PM

Cube-accidentally did that myself last night .. spouse prepped the dose originally for us both, changed mind and not interested later + added some ever clear... Had a rough day so was not mentally prepared for a bad night too lol. Oh well lesson learned.. FYI as part of the MCD switch off of SSRIS (which deplete B vitamins) I have added Super B complex vitamin, GABA, L theanine and and L- tryptophan to the daily regime just to hedge the bets for success. I suggest a book titled 'Heal with amino acids that addresses the reasoning for adding these supplements for anxiety and Depression.

#9 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:03 PM

Cube-accidentally did that myself last night .. spouse prepped the dose originally for us both, changed mind and not interested later + added some ever clear... Had a rough day so was not mentally prepared for a bad night too lol. Oh well lesson learned.. FYI as part of the MCD switch off of SSRIS (which deplete B vitamins) I have added Super B complex vitamin, GABA, L theanine and and L- tryptophan to the daily regime just to hedge the bets for success. I suggest a book titled 'Heal with amino acids that addresses the reasoning for adding these supplements for anxiety and Depression.

Is it "Heal With Amino Acids and Nutrients: Survive Stress, Pain, Anxiety, Depression Without Drugs, What to Use and When" by Billie Jay Sahley (Author), Katherine M. Birkner (Author) ?

There is a spooky synchronicity perhaps,  I read an article the other day about how certain amino acids are likely depleted in the stressed/anxious/burned out nervous system. Been meaning to follow up on it. Thank you kindly for steering me in the direction of this book :) Also, the B deficiency is something I'd noticed via looking at possible contributory factors to fatigue, I take a B complex  and it has helped quite a bit with energy levels. I didn't know it was because of SSRI use though! Damn those big pharma pills!

EDIT: Holy shit! That book is really expense in UK via Amazon.

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, there are various editions it seems, some are sensible price :)

Edited by Cuboid, 02 August 2018 - 06:09 PM.

• Oneyedraven likes this

#10 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

Been a rough week - more stress than usual compounded by a bout of food poisoning ...no way I even think about the smell of micro dose for a couple of days .. muddled thru and am now able to pick a time Frame for planning my first larger dose 

kept thinking of this clip from airplane ( insert - SSRIs) instead of ... smoking, drinking etc. 

All is well that ends well I guess.. survived super stress week without SSRI's it can be done :) 

[Direct Link]

• bezevo likes this

#11 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:42 PM

A quick update for the journal, dh and I took 4 g doses over labor day weekend.(trip report soon must have lost some magic along the libe, not much to report) then I lost the crop that was in the queue to replace the labor day harvest. Figured out what went wrong with the lost batch.. I smothered them by keeping the PC masking tape on) Anyway because if the crop loss I'm micro doseless right now .. felt the difference immediately .. back on a low dose ssri until next
harvest.. I keep hoping mother nature will
Bring some up in the cake graveyard..
I miss my MD

(me ... Just happier and calmer and objective)

#12 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2018 - 05:22 PM

any micro dosing up dates ?

#13 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:02 PM

any micro dosing up dates ?

Bezevo thank you for inquiring and promoting a response  :biggrin: .  Things have been eerily quiet here mix that with a post made recently noting the lack of real anonymity on the internet combined with a shit ton of work related stress had the MD journal on the back burner. 

Anyway heres the latest...

Production finally got back on track and had enough to make MD capsules took the advice read here @topia and invested in a handy dandy capsule filler... its kinda fun

filled the caps with appx .26 gm of PC and just a touch of ginger ( another topia tip) for any stomach issues.  Happy to report the capsules are working great w no side effects. 

I have been trying to do a 5 on 2 off ( 2 off on weekends generally)

I do find that while I'm on the 2 off I do begin to miss the feeling of centeredness I fell when MD.  

I had previously been on an antidepressant and was concerned the darkness would return.. 

Given the pharmacology of the PC  I went into the MDing optimistic my Serotonin would remain stable. 

The darkness has not returned  :biggrin: and some of the other effects have noticed are: Less reactivity to others negativity- Generally able to be more objective emotionally,

greater capacity for empathy... this one may be a stretch for some to understand but it seems like I am more able to control the outcome of situations and have an increased

capacity in shaping my own destiny. While the work stress is high i find it easier ( a bit) not to sucked into the negativity "vortex".

I am continuing  to see a therapist, but it seems occasionally the therapist is even surprised by the depth of  (some) of the insights I share.

Much healing has taken place as result of the combo of therapy and the MDing.  

The only down side I have encountered has been planning for a bigger dose/experience a regime change is in order to clear  the  receptors 

which takes some additional forethought & planning.  

Its not often we get the sense that we are doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons.. this is one of those for me. 

Have recently applied for a new position with my employer where the timing and fit are perfect.. coincidence...??

Hope they think the same (lol) 

Although its NOT about MDing I have found the video below ( and her work in-particular) to be beneficial as I embrace the "new me" 

hope you all enjoy. 

[Direct Link]

Edited by coorsmikey, 30 November 2018 - 07:37 PM.
Fixed Youtube link

#14 HooKworm

HooKworm

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:15 AM

Interesting. My wife battles severe depression and anxiety. She has been weening herself down off of fluoxetine for the last two weeks in prep for a 2g first time dose of psillies. She is looking into md afterward in place of the toxin. She has a lot of childhood trauma she is dealing with constantly. This is refreshing to see someone else taking the same leap and it succeeding. Therapy + md I think is a good combo for some. Obviously this is not for everyone. Congratulations to you on starting a journey to take your life back my friend. You are a brave soul.

Reply to this topic

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!