Hoping for a less problematic process using these bags. I have had a few successful grows, but had a lot of failures getting past the jar stage with PF tek. I live in a very wet area, and I am really not into pressure cookers for sterilization so I have had issues with contams in the past. I had pretty much given up on the idea of growing mushrooms, but this all happened out of the blue and I figured I would try the pre-prepped mediums and see if that goes any better.
While looking for some I found these bags. The process is that you spawn to the rye berries, and when that is mostly colonized you mix that in throughout the 5 lbs of substrate on top, let that colonize and from there you can fruit in the bags, or take them out and put them into a terrarium or spawn to more bulk substrate. Not quite sure which route I am going with and probably do a little of each and see where I end up. The bags were not cheap, so I hope I net something for my efforts at least.
If I were you, I would fruit right in the bags... I often have to remind myself to keep it simple... The bag is going to serve as your terrarium and you already have a bulk substrate in the bag. To each their own, but I think you will have a higher chance for success if you let the corn colonize, mix it with the substrate in the bag without opening it, set it on a shelf, and let it fruit.
When you harvest your first flush, pull off all the fruits (including the small ones which will include aborts), add some water, and let it sit for several hours. After you pour off your water, clip the bag and set it back on the shelf. The mycelium will recover and fruit again.... Repeat...
And that first flush will be clean for printing. Not making a life long hobby but always wise to have print for the future. It sounds like you have had battles with contams cause of the area you live in. Might present a bit of a challenge for printing of that is the case