• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:53 PM

This is a repost of the other topic that i couldn't edit the title of and am OCD.

So I just got my first Bridgsii cuttings in the mail.

Having NEVER EXPERIENCED A PSYCHADELIC BEFORE it's really tempting to dose with them but that would not be the economical way to do this.

SO question is: How do I get these things to start growing and how do I keep them alive long enough to reap the rewards? The bottom part that was cut is dried out.

Also is there enough to maybe dose with ONE of them? There are three, one foot long, 9" circumference. They weigh approx 5 lbs. 

I know all the knowledge is available somewhere but there is so much impersonal info I was hoping someone could give me the simple 411. 

Thanks in advance.

#2 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,287 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:30 PM

I would say if they are 3-4 inches thick you could possibly have a psychedelic experience with one cutting. Bridgessii is 2-3% by weight, and you need 500 mg to have a worthwhile experience.

Been a while since I read up on it but I am pretty sure that is an approximation of the mescaline by weight ratio coming in just under Peyote for the heaviest mescaline content. 

Go buy some cactus soil and simply put the cut end in the dirt and leave it alone until it shows fresh green growth at the top and is anchored into the soil. I use Miracle gro Cactus/citrus soil blend and my cacti LOVE it and thrive in it. You don't water it whatsoever until it shows growth and has roots, or it can and usually will get rot and die. It has to be rooted and taking up water before you start watering it. They can take a long damn time to take off in my experience, and this late in the summer it will probably not start growing until next spring unless yours root faster than most of mine. You want to keep it where it gets a little light but not full sunlight until it takes off. 

They grow pretty fast, but the Bridgessii don't put on near as much growth as Pachanoi and Peruvian torch do. Mine put on 4-6 inches every year. I can't stress enough that you don't want to water them until they take off and to go look at some pictures to see what a properly scarred over cut looks like so you know if it has been long enough since it was cut. Most of them I have gotten were well scarred over, but some have come pretty freshly cut. Might want to wait a couple weeks before planting just to be sure if you are not confident they have been cut long enough. 

You will come to find that they come with big spirits, and that they are damn near cognizant beings in my opinion and I find it very hard to take cuttings to ingest from my own lol

Good luck and welcome to the joys of growing Cactus!  I LOVE mine!

Edited by Coopdog, 09 August 2018 - 06:32 PM.

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher and Root like this

#3 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:38 PM

Man Great knowledge Thanks!

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,310 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:08 PM

pics?

• Root likes this

#5 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:06 AM

pics?

20180810 015701

• Sidestreet and Coopdog like this

#6 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,310 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:20 AM

one of those will get the job done

• Coopdog likes this

#7 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

one of those will get the job done

That's great but now I have a dilemma: Do I dose one and plant the other two and leave my wife out of the equation. Or dose two and only have one left. Relevant, I think, is the fact that she has tripped shrooms before (but not cactus) while I have never experienced a psychedelic.

I anticipate that one will disappear next time she goes to her moms. "I don't know what happened to it! I swear! Nice rainbow monkey you got on your shoulder, honey." 

• Coopdog likes this

#8 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:55 AM

20180811 092046

• Sidestreet likes this

#9 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:21 AM

Looks good.  If you're worried about those tipping over before they develop roots, you can get some kebab skewers and stick them down into the soil right next to the columns to help steady them.

I know that they're not really cheap but your first psychedelic experience will be well worth the price.  You can get more cactus.  Why wait?  And why not trip with your wife? It's a wonderful thing to share with a loved one. 

Edited by Sidestreet, 11 August 2018 - 10:24 AM.

• onediadem, coorsmikey, Coopdog and 1 other like this

#10 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:16 PM

Looks good.  If you're worried about those tipping over before they develop roots, you can get some kebab skewers and stick them down into the soil right next to the columns to help steady them.

I know that they're not really cheap but your first psychedelic experience will be well worth the price.  You can get more cactus.  Why wait?  And why not trip with your wife? It's a wonderful thing to share with a loved one. 

Yes I agree. I want to do it with my wife. She is baby sitting me for my first trip. And depending on my trip we will probably do it together. 

It is going to be way more challenging than I expected based on the volume of fluid it created. I can't even drink a pitcher of beer without throwing up. I want to try to reduce it but wanted to ask a couple questions: Does heat not affect the active ingredients? Wouldn't the active ingredient evaporate? Or is the active ingredient a solid?

#11 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:19 PM

20180812 135019
20180812 135057

• Sidestreet likes this

#12 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Well, I think I'm on my way. Drank the liquid contents approx 24 oz then boiled the foamy  remnants. Got another 8 oz out of that when strained its in the freezer cooling. other part is back in the pot with more water.

Feeling something coming on but because I'm new to most altered states I don't have the words to describe. I notice a little tension in my jaws like I want to grit my teeth but I think that is because I have been so drug free so long that my mind doesn't like feeling "abnormal" so I get a little tense.

Slight lack of focus and overall buzz.

Still trying to finish the process.

#13 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:19 PM

I put fruit and sugar in with it which definitely makes it palatable going down but the second it is down and the after taste hits, my mouth is like, "What the fuck? Is that what we just swallowed? We gotta GET RID of THAT!"

I quick oj chaser seems to stop that reaction.

Music sounds frkn great but it's D'Angelo so of course. Prob has nothing to do with the drug.

• Pipeline likes this

#14 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:14 PM

Anxiety a little as I feel something I have never experienced approaching. 

Conscience spotless.

Puff of weed to calm the nerves.

As previously mentioned: D'Angelo Live

#15 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:15 PM

lost the thread before I posted. Slightly back. Considering other half but might be not good.

#16 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:41 PM

Waves. I don't like waves of euphoria or whatever that is CAn you just come on already.

I tried to consume the rest of the liquid but body or mind refuses. Threw up for first time.

Sipped a couple drinks after anyway.

Wifey says I might need to do full amount to break through. What I have felt so far feels like a sever marijuana high with some very realistic fantasizing thankfully my wife and i have that relationship because I think she is hearing some nutty stuff.

#17 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:51 PM

I guess part of the experience is the inexperience and doing shit the wrong way lol.

• Coopdog likes this

#18 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

I'm sure my wife expected it out of me but I don't think she knows what she signed up for. I hope there is some hallucination portions of this trip and not just fucking my wife to death  portions followed by nauseous portions

• Coopdog likes this

#19 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:21 PM

What's that word for when you try to choke down a hideously better liquid when you have already drank a whole pitcher full of the shit and are now having waves of euphoria/nausea and the stuff goes down but then backtracks and the gets forced back down and this happens three time before the shot of coconut rum chases is down once and for all theoretically?

yeah that word.

• Coopdog likes this

#20 Root

Root

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

ok new insight but something I already subconsciously knew: my mother was an alien on the planet and wasnt supposed to have any offspring but did so she masqueraded for long enough to feel like she fulfilled her obligation then abandoned her offspring cause she couldn't pretend anymore. (Side note: she was just a woman who died of cancel like so many other.)

• Coopdog likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!