Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Myco Newb with a few invitro questions??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AbnormalMortaL

AbnormalMortaL

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:12 AM

Hey all..I've been following hippies invitro tek to a T. Except instead of brf jars, went with 1lb. Rye bags. Which it said would also work fine. My first question being when the 50/50(hpoo/straw) pre-pasturized substrate bought from a reliable vendor is ready to be mixed with the colonized spawn,is it ready to go, or will it need hydrating before mixing? Second question is: Once you begin to see pins how would one know how long until harvest? I see average times are 7-10 days,but invitro with all the humidity in the bag how can one see clearly to gauge by eye? And when is the best time to harvest, right before they break away from the veil or after? Thanks and sorry about the length. ABNO

#2 Tillidis

Tillidis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 10:34 AM

The purchased pasteurized bag should come properly hydrated, all you will need to do is add your spawn to the larger  bag and allow to colonize.   I don't grow in-vitro,   but the grows I have observed from afar all wait for a good pin set and then open the bag for proper FAE and place in a humidity dome or some such thing, otherwise you'll end up with tiny caps and long, fuzzy stems.      A humidity dome can be as simple as a large plastic bag you put your colonized (and opened) bag inside, or as complicated as a shotgun fruiting chamber or a martha.

Edited by Tillidis, 24 November 2018 - 12:05 PM.

• Myc likes this

#3 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 6,948 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2018 - 12:56 PM

The invitro grow should remain in sealed containment to qualify for invitro.

I'd leave them alone and let them do their thing.

I would open the bag and harvest right as you see the veil breaks. You have to be quick to catch them before they open and overnight is sometimes to long.

Edited by roc, 24 November 2018 - 12:58 PM.

• coorsmikey, PJammer24 and Kraven like this

#4 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:22 PM

Once it's mixed its almost ready,just wait for it to colonize. You may need to add some some holes for for a bit more airflow after full colonization.
  • PJammer24 likes this

#5 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:21 PM

Just mix the grain with the sub, seal it up, and dont touch it until harvest.

I do that, probably with the same exact vendor you're using, and get amazing results.

1st pic is a bag of PESH spawned on 11/4. Pic is from just now, so a bit over 3 weeks from spawn to harvest.

2nd pic is of PF Classic, spawned to 50/50 bag never opened for fanning or misting, just like the first.

Both are MS, filter patch is .05 micron.

Just set and forget in a room that gets light.

I average about 20 to 30g dried per flush, but I am a lucky dude lol.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181129_131432.jpg
  • 20181120_194113.jpg

• roc likes this

#6 AbnormalMortaL

AbnormalMortaL

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:45 PM

I appreciate the advice. I been trying a few different approaches and the only difficult step is when i try to dunk in the bags they float like corks..so could i just flip the block over after a few hour to rehydrate both sides or is sucking it up from the bottom good enough? Had a couole cool harvests though.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181128_182845.jpg
  • 20181103_112300.jpg
  • 20181025_191308.jpg

#7 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 01:05 PM

It's fine if it floats, I have the same problem. I usually put something on top to weigh it down into the water, but as long as most is submerged you're good.

Nice fruit BTW. I dont understand why people knock invitro, especially bags. They're friggin awesome to work with. Easier than PF Tek IMO.
  • AbnormalMortaL likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!