• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#281 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:39 PM

Lol maybe sick of hearing from me but I just found this after looking. I already have a heat version only to run two heating mats so I like the ink bird brand already. Anyways for about 70$ I found a temp and humidity controller plus the sensors. Inkbird ITC 608 T. There is another model with two plugs each of heating and humidity. This one is good to 1800w already so I can see being able to add plug splitters to the single unit and being able to handle temp and humidity since they are no where near 1800w.

Also very exciting to myself I'm seeing uses in the reviews ranging from curing meat and herbs to incubating and hatching eggs. I know the brinsea incubators are very expensive for the amount of eggs they will do. Also auto turning but...this doohickey can do most of the same things especially with and ultrasonic humidifier and fans hooked up. Now I know what to do with that old refrigerator!
  • MycoAnt81 likes this

#282 MycoAnt81

MycoAnt81

Myco Myco Myco Ant

• Free Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:41 PM

Lol maybe sick of hearing from me but I just found this after looking. I already have a heat version only to run two heating mats so I like the ink bird brand already. Anyways for about 70$ I found a temp and humidity controller plus the sensors. Inkbird ITC 608 T. There is another model with two plugs each of heating and humidity. This one is good to 1800w already so I can see being able to add plug splitters to the single unit and being able to handle temp and humidity since they are no where near 1800w.

Also very exciting to myself I'm seeing uses in the reviews ranging from curing meat and herbs to incubating and hatching eggs. I know the brinsea incubators are very expensive for the amount of eggs they will do. Also auto turning but...this doohickey can do most of the same things especially with and ultrasonic humidifier and fans hooked up. Now I know what to do with that old refrigerator!

I can’t wait til our garageretor dies, already plotting on how to turn it into a killer FC, great minds think alike.

#283 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:44 PM

Thank you. I found the kit online but also looked a little farther into it. Previous post. On the big Azon store they also have sets of the singular temp humidity gages. Some are changeable from c to f ect and have setting for different times of the day. Thanks for posting this you really have my mind working on different projects now. Egg incubator, seed and seedling starting and chill times for seeds. Can harden off cuttings some by lowering the humidity over time.
  • MycoAnt81 likes this

#284 MycoAnt81

MycoAnt81

Myco Myco Myco Ant

• Free Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

I have one on each of the lower 3 FC, they work well, very consistent readings, and very inexpensive. I also run a heating system, just to keep the environment consistent for fruiting. Everything I use I bought at the azon or big box superstore. 720d1bb7a2f104258fd33fa649755205.jpg
  • twoguysupnorth likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!