onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,343 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:36 AM

I will update it as I think of stuff. 

First up, printing materials.

I found this today while looking for cellophane floral sheets. These are actually better.. 29.99 for 1000. Can be used with an impulse sealer. 5"x5" and perfect for printing on and making sleeves to hold the prints.

https://www.amazon.com/Crinklee-Clear-Caramel-Chocolate-Wrappers/dp/B0184UGF06/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1534655885&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=floral+cellophane+sheets&psc=1

crm-cellophane-candy-wrappers_media01.jp

• sandman, Sidestreet, Soliver and 9 others like this

#2 Da-1

Da-1

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 403 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:44 AM

Hiya ODD

Brother @Soliver is going to be so happy now you made this thread, heck I`m excited too you really do make things simple and easy for us all and we all love ya for it, :wub:

this should get pinned and I can`t wait for more.

Regards, Da-1

Edited by Da-1, 19 August 2018 - 12:45 AM.

• onediadem and kazzam like this

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,343 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:57 AM

I don't know about pinning it So many others have way better stuff than I do. I appreciate the comment though. The things I do I have been doing for years, so as I come across them I will post them. At least everything will be in one thread.

• Da-1, PinkMenace and RamenShaman like this

#4 Da-1

Da-1

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 403 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2018 - 01:03 AM

I think you being a bit modest ODD

its that same experience that we are looking for to help aid us on our own journeys and the fact you been doing this for so long the little tricks and things you have learned and take for granted we don`t know yet or still learning, I am not saying you know it all but you sure do know a lot more then me and some people here so all the helpful tips and tricks are much appreciated being shared with us and in 1 place  :cool:

many thanks for your time.

Regards, Da-1

• onediadem and Pipeline like this

#5 ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:54 AM

Thanks for sharing ODD :) They look nice for other projects also

• onediadem likes this

#6 Pipeline

Pipeline

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:58 AM

I think you being a bit modest ODD

its that same experience that we are looking for to help aid us on our own journeys and the fact you been doing this for so long the little tricks and things you have learned and take for granted we don`t know yet or still learning, I am not saying you know it all but you sure do know a lot more then me and some people here so all the helpful tips and tricks are much appreciated being shared with us and in 1 place  :cool:

many thanks for your time.

Regards, Da-1

He speaks for me as well,  We do pay attention to your posts and you are here posting most everyday. Thanks for that.

• onediadem, Da-1 and RamenShaman like this

#7 RamenShaman

RamenShaman

राशा अंतरिक्ष नूडल

• Free Member
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:16 PM

Agreed with the above posts.

Thank you for this Mother One.

:)
  • onediadem and Pipeline like this

#8 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,340 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:05 PM

Pulling up the ol rocking chair on this one.
  • onediadem and CzM8 like this

#9 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,343 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:06 PM

I posted this in another thread. They work much better for pasteurizing than pillowcases. Loose mesh ones for straw, tighter mesh ones for coir, ect.

51wnibKvLjL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

71rHUE4FQ-L._SX425_.jpg

• Sidestreet, Juthro, SteampunkScientist and 5 others like this

#10 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,343 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

I have a food saver, and this impulse sealer. If you want to save your prints or seal your bags they are inexpensive enough to get one. 20 bucks. Wal store has them online for 18 but you have to order 35 bucks of stuff to get free shipping.

sp300.new_1.jpg

• SteampunkScientist, PinkMenace, RamenShaman and 1 other like this

#11 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:15 PM

nice idea  on cellos  for prints

• onediadem likes this

#12 SirShroom

SirShroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 58 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Now I feel like I know nothing. Do you print on cellophane instead of foil? How do you sterilise it? Also in a pc?

#13 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,548 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:21 PM

Great thread, One :) 

• onediadem likes this

#14 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,343 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:00 PM

Nothing is 100% sterile, but if you are careful and do most of the work in a glovebox or in front of a flowhood, you are good to go. You only take it out of the box to seal.  I always take prints to agar so I don't worry too much about it. If you are making syringes it is best to make a cage to fit over the jar out of hardware cloth to sit the cap on. And of course, before you fill a bunch of syringes up, make sure you test the spore juice first. (You only skip doing that once lol)

• Da-1, PinkMenace, ChanterelleLA and 2 others like this

#15 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,343 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:19 PM

I use this dehydrator because it is very easy to unhook the heating element and you can buy extra trays separately for it. That bar across the top is screwed into place, and there are two small plug thingys under it, one for the fan, and one for the heat. (Sorry, I am not an electrician and don't know what they are called lol) It only takes about 36 hours to cracker dry your mushrooms. I dry quite a lot and grind them up. Oyster flour is pretty awesome. They are relatively inexpensive and last forever. I have had mine for over twenty years. I originally bought it to make beef jerky. It hasn't seen jerky since I unplugged the element. All in all, it was a good buy considering how long it has run. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Sidestreet, PinkMenace, TrippyHippyPunk and 2 others like this

#16 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,343 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:53 PM

Because I love you guys and gals. Enoki, king trumpet oyster, yellow oyster, phoenix oyster, pearl oyster, and beech. Sorry it took so long. Heat and life happened.

post-102215-0-99475000-1534960225.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• edible syringes.JPG

• coorsmikey, Da-1, Skywatcher and 4 others like this

#17 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,343 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:01 PM

I have more if these go well. It was a lot of work for me, (mentally with everything that has happened in the last couple months to kick my ass) so I figured I would see how these do before I make up more strains.

• coorsmikey, PsyBearknot and PinkMenace like this

#18 Da-1

Da-1

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 403 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:16 PM

WOW ODD

that looks so amazing so many syringes that must of taken you sometime to do, may I ask can you get Morel prints pretty please ?

Regards, Da-1   

#19 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,343 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

LOL sadly no. I live nowhere near where they grow. If you know anyone who does hunt them, you can blend one up in water. Here is a video about it. Check etsy for starters.

[Direct Link]

• Pipeline likes this

#20 Da-1

Da-1

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 403 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

Thanks Ma`am

I would love to find a member who could try print and trade with me, here where I live to there are no Morels in nature and you don`t see them in the stores either, at a store called Woolworths they stock exotic but it only has shimeji, shiitake, enoki and oyster mushrooms and not many for a steep price, I would love to try get into these strains for that reason alone but I love how good shiitake taste they are the meatiest mushrooms I have ever eaten.

I do have a pink oyster print somewhere in a petri but have not  used it, may I ask how king oyster taste?

Thanks for your help ODD it`s much appreciate and keep up the amazing work  :thumbs_up2:

Regards, Da-1   

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!