• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DocTerrapin

DocTerrapin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:40 AM

Greetings all, new to Mycotopia so I'd like to proffer an apology for the inevitable screwing up on the boards protocols/behavior guidelines in advance. I'm here to add to the experience of others, not just my own, so please let me know when I step off the path as I'm eager to find a 'home' here and will build to suit without hesitation. 

I just started MDing with B+ and would like to find a standardized journal protocol that might help me track my progress. Do you use a specific journaling template or layout to do a daily reflection on your experiences while MDing? Would you mind sharing it with me? (I did search for such a thing to no avail, crappy search technique might be the culprit but I am a researcher so I'm just blaming it on being a lazy old fart? Maybe a salad of both...) 

Brief History: My first journey was in 1980 with a hit of white blotter in homeroom at 8:05 in the morning only to find out it was a four-way and I ate the whole thing. That was a helluva day and no, I didn't get expelled. Not sure how I navigated that day without bursting into flames, but it was a joy and a wonder and started a lifetime of exploring my own inner spaces. I saw my first Dead shows and had my second, third and fourth myco driven experiences at the series of shows in Oakland including the New Years eve show where Ken Kesey got on stage and went apeshit in 1981. I even ended up going to school with the  nephew of one the members of the Dead for a few years, so it must be fate, or the roses but either way, I've been on this voyage for a longggg time.

On a personal/professional note, I have been a champion of consciousness alteration ever since and work with severely wounded Vets that benefit grately (misspelling intended) from guided experiences in the quest to alleviate the horrors of PTSD/PTSS. 

Over the last 39 years I've experimented, researched, been a research subject, synthesized and benefited greatly. This is my first foray into MDing and I'm growing my own B+ to be sure of purity, dosage accuracy, self sufficiency and convenience .

Currently I'm doing .2g @ 5on/2off with Lions Mane following Paul Stamets' protocol, planning on going to .3g starting this morning as soon as I finish typing this post. I will occasionally do a museum dose for added insight during a tough project or even a wee bit more payload when at a live show or just loving the great outdoors on a beautiful day when 'grown up' responsibilities are not a hinderance. 

Looking forward to having many 'great days' with MDing, hope to share the trip with you all. 

• coorsmikey likes this

#2 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 278 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:16 AM

Have left a few notes in the M.D. journaling forum. No template that I'm aware of to follow. Lots of interest and support here.. interesting that you have added lions mane PS theory, gave you tested just B+ vs B+ lions mane?
Given the traits of each species I think the PS piggy back with Lions Mane may hold promise for helping to delay cognitive decline.

On the 5/2 regimine what have you found to be the optimal dose and method for consumption? I have been using lemon juice hot water splash of everclear extraction steeped for 30 min plus.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

#3 DocTerrapin

DocTerrapin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 02:04 PM

Have left a few notes in the M.D. journaling forum. No template that I'm aware of to follow. Lots of interest and support here.. interesting that you have added lions mane PS theory, gave you tested just B+ vs B+ lions mane?
Given the traits of each species I think the PS piggy back with Lions Mane may hold promise for helping to delay cognitive decline.

On the 5/2 regimine what have you found to be the optimal dose and method for consumption? I have been using lemon juice hot water splash of everclear extraction steeped for 30 min plus.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I had been taking lions mane for about three months when I started MDing with B+, so I decided not to drop it when starting the new protocol. More based on practicality and the desire to add to my daily arsenal rather than trying to do a process of elimination study on how the MDing worked for my needs on it's own, I guess i might call it an additive approach and didn't really think to eliminate any of my other choices at the moment as the only negative side effect is spending a few more dollars on supps, no negatives really. I take some supps, including fishoil, lions mane, cordiceps, D3 seasonally, ZMA and when I'm in a ketogenic phase of my eating i add sodium and potassium. 

I measure my b+ powder out, onto the tongue and then chase it with blue lemonade just because blue food seems like a good poetic match for P.cubensis to me. :-) 

• Z0Aaz9 and jackb1955 like this

#4 Z0Aaz9

Z0Aaz9

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:24 PM

I am interested to follow your experience and progress with MDing using psilocybin as I too have a similar background. I have had an intervening medical career, and have now a renewed interest in the responsible use and exploration with naturally occurring entheogens, particularly mushrooms.

#5 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:04 PM

DocT - any updates?

#6 Truheart11

Truheart11

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:26 AM

Hi. Noticed this thread as I have been asked to make a tintures for md.
This seemed to have petered out but I could still use a little help on my tintures and measurments.
Any help would be appreciated.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!