15 replies to this topic

#1 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,032 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:05 PM

I know this is a little overdue and late and everyone's already talking about it...but Uruguay was the first country to do it, and now Canada will be the first modern nation to do it, next month or so.  Colorado rivals California for who's the coolest kid in the school, and all I keep thinking is why arent I moving (immediately!) to one of these forward -thinking places?

Oh, and I need a new dry vape.  Any one know which one I should get?  Im thinking about spending some money on one that'll last awhile.  Those pens are cool with the dabs, but Im old school.... trying to give up my dugout and advance into the new age is hard enough for me. 

The volcano is still the most talk about vape but for stealth- there is a couple called the crafty and the mighty - both around 3-4 hundred clams, made by the same company.  Anyhoo, whats everyone been up to with all this massive changin going on?  We better get in on this gold ruch people!  What are we waiting for?  (not including you smart people already benefiting from it)... 

• onediadem and peacefrog like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:29 PM

http://www.stratussh...ail-system.html

I've been using this little rig for some time now. It is very versatile fitting most all glass - male/female - 14mm and up. For you brother, I have a piece of glass I could send you that I no longer use. 

The analog controller is fairly accurate. Just keep it on the lowest setting and it does the job perfectly. 

And to wade in on the "legal" discussion.......

I have a license to grow, possess, and consume cannabis. Never thought I would ever see any such thing in my life. I still marvel that I'm no longer a "criminal" by definition. 

• onediadem, riseabovethought, Juthro and 1 other like this

#3 Nitegazer

Nitegazer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:37 PM

So many sub-topics under legalization to consider... In my USA-centric life, I am most concerned with the federal government entering into the game. Too much money flowing for them to stay out of it, and they lose credibility by remaining stuck in their outdated ways..

I'm concerned that they'll want to standardize things across state lines in the name of commerce and safety. In doing that, they'll be moderate (as compared to states like California), meaning I expect they will want to restrict home growers and shift the market to businesses that they can regulate and tax. They'll put into place a bureaucracy to inspect cannabis products, enforce standards, and tax the crap out of it.

Frankly, I've always been more of a 'decriminalize' fan than a 'legalize' fan. Cannabis, like any other intoxicant, has dangers, but the despotic laws have been socially devastating and need to be eliminated. I think the solution isn't more laws, but fewer.

Instead of the State legitimizing cannabis vis a vis other drugs, the laws should be changed to reflect the inherent risks of every drug. Mushrooms should also be decriminalized (also LSD and DMT). Many others should have their harsh laws reformed. Legalizing just perpetuates the wrong model, IMO.

• Myc, riseabovethought and T0them00N like this

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,551 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:58 PM

It took decades to get where we are in terms of weed. I will be long in the grave before this country will see legalization of our enlightening substances. 

• riseabovethought, Kraven and Pipeline like this

#5 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,595 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 03:21 PM

For the Canadians ... (though its far from perfect)

post-104353-0-88777700-1536092432.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 40797660_10155792728395308_6006252656668966912_n.jpg

Edited by hyphaenation, 04 September 2018 - 03:21 PM.

• riseabovethought and peacefrog like this

#6 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,032 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:49 PM

We are fortunate to see this in our lifetimes.  I guess I just need to encourage it in my daily efforts.  If that means moving, then so be it!

• onediadem likes this

#7 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,476 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:18 PM

I'm fairly certain Michigan is going to vote to legalize recreational use this November too.

https://www.wxyz.com...ion-in-michigan

• riseabovethought and Juthro like this

#8 T0them00N

T0them00N

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:43 AM

I'm fairly certain Michigan is going to vote to legalize recreational use this November too.

https://www.wxyz.com...ion-in-michigan

Fingers crossed

As far as the feds go taxing it... I believe they're a little late to the party (ya right). in all honesty most of the individuals who were growers and have preserved genetic traits ect were outlaws and many are more comfortable being that way. If taxes get to crazy I can see some people going back to their old ways. If you're in a legal state grow some. Even if you don't consume it grow it there are many uses. It's a very rewarding plant I'm sure most here would agree. I guess being pro active and educating people on it doesn't hurt I've personally seen people change spectrums on the subject especially in regards to CBD... this is only one beneficial compound. Hard to argue with.. anyways plant some seeds grow some weed in a sustainable way easy peezy sungrown no till Korean natural farming of course set and forget almost.
  • onediadem, Sidestreet, riseabovethought and 1 other like this

#9 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,032 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:28 PM

http://www.stratussh...ail-system.html

I've been using this little rig for some time now. It is very versatile fitting most all glass - male/female - 14mm and up. For you brother, I have a piece of glass I could send you. 

Dude, that warms my heart, thank you seriously.  I've not really considered a whip/box type thing, but you got me thinking about it now.  I dont know why but Im always looking more at the portable vapes lately, but just using it outside the safe zone makes it more dangerous, so maybe not, I dunno.   I seem to go round and round about it.  Most people say the volcano is bar none the best vape available, but its 600 bones and its fucking huge.  i.e. Aint quickly hiding it from anyone, if need be.  Even with the laws changing, Im somehow unluckily left out, so I envy that kind of freedom Myc.  Again, it just makes me wonder why I am not already moving somewhere cool.  I dont want to die without experiencing that.  Thank you Myc.  I love this place and its so nice to have such a warm welcome checking back in here.  We really have something special here...

• Myc and Juthro like this

#10 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 773 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:22 AM

I'm in Michigan and RECREATIONAL CANNABIS IS PROP.1 ON THE BALLOT THIS NOV 6th!!! IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

Iv'e read in some local weed culture mags about some group(s) trying to get mushrooms legal in clinics for end of life anxiety and other stuff. I will be voting!

• Myc, TheObserver, riseabovethought and 1 other like this

#11 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:58 PM

MICHIGAN IS THE 10th STATE TO LEGALIZE RECREATIONAL CANNABIS FOR ADULTS 21 AND OVER!!!  WE DID IT!.

Now the part that sucks, the small-time growers that suppliy the dispensaries are fucked out of jobs, a lot of them did this for a living.

The MMFLA(michigan marihuanafacilities licensing act) says that only weed grown at state-licensed grow facilities can be sold commercially(dispensaries), which includes medical cannabis.

Patients can still have a registered caregiver grow for them, they have to be registered as that person's CG and they can charge what they want, but ALL weed sold by dispensaries WILL  come from huge, centralized state licensed grow facilities AND, be subject to regulations concerning thc %(I have to read more about this).

I sincerely hope all these big-time entrepreneurs that tipped the scales towards legalization in the minds of the state lawmakers have more than profits in mind with this. 

The state would NOT be doing this if there weren't BIG $$$ involved and if other rec states weren't showing huge revenue gains from it. These investors have been waiting, they could do it right if they care, though I have a gross feeling it's gonna be like all other commercial goods and will end up being a one size fits all, packaged thing where there will be 3 weed strengths, high, med & low there will be a green, a purple, a sativa and an indica, and that'll be the selection. 

• riseabovethought and Juthro like this

#12 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,551 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:43 PM

LOL, they may want that, but dispensaries will still buy from local growers under the radar. There will not be enough regulator/inspectors to stop it from happening, and there will not be enough weed to supply them doing it the way they want. Foolishness is what it is, and corporate greed behind it, promoted by politicians getting their hands greased.

Don't you just love my cynicism? Stoners have always found a way and have worked around the law. It is laughable to me.

• riseabovethought likes this

#13 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:51 PM

LOL, they may want that, but dispensaries will still buy from local growers under the radar. There will not be enough regulator/inspectors to stop it from happening, and there will not be enough weed to supply them doing it the way they want. Foolishness is what it is, and corporate greed behind it, promoted by politicians getting their hands greased.

Don't you just love my cynicism? Stoners have always found a way and have worked around the law. It is laughable to me.

No, there will be all sorts of inspections according to the dispensary owner I know. She said they can't have even a gram more or less than their book keeping, and they assume the state will send in undercover guys to watch(not necessarily entapment) and it all has to be tested for mold, metals, chemicals, cannabinoids/terpenes, ect. 

Very few dispensaries applied for the license for growing there own weed to sell and this past spring(18) the rules were enacted, they actually wrote the MMFLA to account for legalized recreational because the petition had passed to get the prop on ballot and they figured it would pass, it polled at 60+% for years.

Most dispensaries had clones for sale and some had a grow room until this past spring when the rules went into effect and they had to stop selling em, aside from a upscale places, as the application fee was more for a grow fac, they need a MMFLA license, and the clones would have to come from a licensed grow fac. and be accounted for in books. It's rediculous! 

There is only ONE licensed grow facility in Michigan as of now, VB Chesaning  has 4 class C licenses for 6,000 plants.

License Types:

Grower Class A - 600 Plants, B - 1,000 Plants, C - 1,500 Plants

Edited by Billcoz, 14 November 2018 - 11:54 PM.

• riseabovethought likes this

#14 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:00 AM

Well what will happen is a hell of a lot of people will buy it on the street, even though it will drastically recuce quality control. Trust me, we had THE SHITTIEST weed in Mich before 2008, and it took till 2012 for us to get dispensaries.

We used to have three types of weed, "Chrons", Regs", and "Mexican tire weed", the last one was trucked up from Mex. If we drove to Detroit we could get "BC Buds" or "Blueberry"(any bluish tinted green weed, not always BB strain).

#15 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:39 AM

in the 37 years I have been part of the underground and now the industry, we have come a long way....I dont see it ever being rescheduled....which is funny because the fed don't do enforcement each state does, and then moves the cases to federal court depending on whats up with that particular case. The FDA approved a THC / CBD seizure medicine last week in all 50 states, yet THC is schedule one so wtf is up with that....I'm in a legal state...but far from legal it seems sometimes.

• Myc, riseabovethought, OldBear and 1 other like this

#16 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 773 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 12:09 AM

Kraven, it's legal if they get a huge piece, they had to pad the law with all sorts of incentives to attract investors and controls to make sure only the wealthiest investors get contracts and licenses along with the high license fees and 18% total tax..

That's why most the dispensaries in the state that sold clones/live plants but had to stop, because when the licensing act went into effect they had to pay up or get outa the clone biz.

They took all this into account when writing it, they wanna attract people like Shaq's wife(or x), who is an investor in "cannabiz".

It won't ever be legal for unlimited sale peer to peer, or totally freed, like weed growing EVERYWHERE, the way it oughta be.

• Kraven likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!