• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Gerbear29

Gerbear29

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:08 PM

So I have a general question for everybody. I have three herniated discs in my neck and three in my lower back each 3 have one ruptured disc. I've been on tramadol for 4 years now and it has really messed up my mood/depression. With all that it does we have tried numerous antidepressants for depression along with pain management. They have not worked so far, so not been on any for over a year. I decided to try it another way and that was with mushrooms. At first I did a trip to remember all the feelings that happen on mushys. Then after that started to eat fresh or a quarter gram pill to help with the depression. After about the fourth time taking any amount the pain would kick in like I had no pain killers in my system and the nerves are being targeted specifically and the pain becomes unbearable. I can say I understand maybe because its heightening the senses and the pain nerves have been dulled so long that they come back full force. But I don't quiet accept that I believe there's something more I'm missing as in why does this happen. So I ask you guys do any of you know why this may happen? Also the lowest I've gone was 2/10ths of a gram and still got the pain. I'm really kinda losing it with all the b.s. associated with this pain. And trying to get myself and life back. So any little thing that may help I'm willing to do/ try. So any other advice would be greatly. Lol one more thing I've tried was float tank( sensory deprivation tank) and it actually helped my neck not so much on my lower back though. But only been once so try try again as they say. Lol thanks.
  • wildedibles likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,441 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:06 AM

Sometimes the mushrooms will show us exactly what's wrong with us before they help us heal. Also they tend to help us in the mind, once the mind is right the body follows. Or the the other way around with the snowball effect. When we are suffering physically the mind will follow and creates a chain reaction. Mind gets worse, the body gets worse and the just keeps snowballing. Make sense? Fix one or the other and you can get the other one to follow much easier. Work
on the mind, get it healthy and the body will follow. Mileage may vary, but I think you get my point or you wouldn't be asking.

Edited by coorsmikey, 08 September 2018 - 12:09 AM.

• PJammer24, T0them00N and Pipeline like this

#3 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,340 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:59 AM

I don’t have anything additional to add
Just saying howdy and welcome

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 734 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:40 AM

I have found that it is difficult to predict how entheogens will impact the chemically dependent brain. Tramadol is considered a non-narcotic and is considered a "safe" alternative to opioids but it produces opioid like effects. I don't have extensive experience with tramadol but I know it can become habit forming. The way the brain reacts probably has some similarities to its reaction with opioids.

My experience with chemical dependency and hallucinogenic substances is that the effects are difficult to predict. Sometimes the experience would be fantastic and others not so much. This could be my own reaction due to my shame for being chemically dependent at the time but brain wiring due to that dependency could have also played a role.

From your post, it is clear that you have some legitimate chronic pain issues that may require medication to allow you to experience a certain quality of life. I suffer from a genetic back condition that can cause pain. I treated it with opioids for years but have found that exercise and a healthy lifestyle relieves the pain without the negative effects caused by the pills. I am not suggesting you don't need the medication, only explaining my experience.

You may find that the micro-dosing is helpful and the negative effects you have experienced will be sporadic. You may also find them subsiding after a period of your treatment. Only you can discover this for yourself through experience. The effect and benefit for everyone is unique.

One thing I will say from experience is that once I was no longer taking prescription drugs for pain, my mood improved substantially. Chemical dependency was the source of my sorrow... My mood is an 8-9 out of 10 on most days now and I now believe that I have a unique awesomeness!!

Edited by PJammer24, 08 September 2018 - 07:41 AM.

• Sidestreet, OldBear, Pipeline and 1 other like this

#5 majormillet

majormillet

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:56 AM

Pj that is  wonderful well thought out post.  I too suffer from chronic pain, and like you, weaned myself off opiods with exercise, diet, weed, and meditation.

Best of luck to you gerbear 29.

I will admit, after all these years of abstinence, im a bit scared to trip.

• OldBear likes this

#6 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,346 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

I take tramadol also for the same thing. Sort of odd that I haven't experienced any worsening pain issues. But, I only take one at bedtime so maybe that is why. Have you tried using lidocaine patches? They really help a lot. 

#7 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 734 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

I take tramadol also for the same thing. Sort of odd that I haven't experienced any worsening pain issues. But, I only take one at bedtime so maybe that is why. Have you tried using lidocaine patches? They really help a lot. 

My experience may not be universal and it was not necessarily directly related to increased pain. I was stating that my experiences were less predictable while chemically dependent.

I also think that taking one tramadol in the morning is not chemically dependent behavior. The brain chemistry of someone who relies on a chemical throughout there day is different that one that does not. It has to do with habits and behaviors as much as physical dependence to the drug. Sounds to me that the Tramadol may help you get moving in the morning but you are not dependent on it which would eliminate some of the behavior/habits/and thinking patterns that had been present in my own life.

• coorsmikey likes this

#8 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,114 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:48 PM

I microdose on a regular basis and also take kratom.

If you haven't tried if for pain management and depression, you should give it a shot.  It's super cheap if you buy in bulk (a kilo for around $140) ... I take a heaping 1/2 teaspoon a few times a day, and a kilo lasts a really, really long time.

Shrooms are great for a lot of things - pain management ... not so much, but they WILL help wean you off the tramadol.

Especially if you switch to kratom, which is addictive (I don't care who says what online - it just is) - but at least you're in control and it's available online.

:)

soliver

• coorsmikey and PJammer24 like this

#9 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,441 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:37 PM

I use to think I was hooked on Kratom. If I missed my routine dose or was late to take it, I felt like shit and had some nausea and other symptoms. Maybe even some anxiety. I would make sure if I was traveling I had enough to get me through Ect Ect. One day I ran out. I thought “OH shit this is gonna be rough.” Guess what...? It was all in my head! I was just fine and no withdrawal symptoms except for the ones described above while it was still in my system. Now I’m able to appreciate the benefits and pain relief from one single teaspoon instead of 3-5 a day. Oh and I actually get stimulated and motivated from an occasional as needed dose now. We are all wired a lil different but my Kratom addiction was definitely in my head.

Edited by coorsmikey, 08 September 2018 - 08:38 PM.

• onediadem, Soliver, PJammer24 and 2 others like this

#10 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,114 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:25 PM

I've tried kicking kratom ... sort of ... a few times. 

And I mean "sort of" in super serious air quotes there.

As in, I got to about 4pm and felt sorta unpleasant and said 'fuck this, I'm taking some kratom.'

I've tried to feel bad about my kratom habit, but it just hasn't stuck.  Compared to the panoply of American Addictions that will ACTUALLY kill ... kratom is sort of a "whatever" for me. 

I kicked caffeine / coffee two years ago with a buddy of mine - just to see if we could ... It was fucking awful.  But we did it.  Until a month later, when we both started again in some odd unspoken agreement. 

Drugs are bad, m'kay?   Unless you can buy them at the grocery store, in which case they're one hundred percent OK ....

Ten years from now, kratom will either be legal AF and sold next to the java, or illegal AF and hunted down with fuzzy puppies.

I stopped letting anyone else tell me what's good or not good for my brain years ago. 

As long as I can still knot a tie and shake hands without twitching? 

No one cares. 

soliver

• Sidestreet and Pipeline like this

#11 PapMyc

PapMyc

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:01 PM

I can't say much about mushrooms as I don't use them. However I have had good results with marijuana and comfort care for individuals at end of life situations. 15-18 percent CBD has helped with pain for most people, usually as edibles. In some patient's it eased some pain and in others it made a profound difference in their daily life. John's Hopkins has been doing studies with actual mushrooms for headaches, PTSD\TBI, depression, and mental\spiritual well being. You might want to check their research out.

#12 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,346 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:54 PM

For curiosities sake, do you plan on growing mushrooms?

#13 PapMyc

PapMyc

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:47 PM

I have been growing edible mushrooms for over ten years. I'm looking into whether P.C. has an application in similar instances as outlined. Thanks for asking.

#14 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,114 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:50 PM

I have been growing edible mushrooms for over ten years. I'm looking into whether P.C. has an application in similar instances as outlined. Thanks for asking.

Cubies are great for lots of applications . . . they'll help with the IDEA of pain, and management thereof.

I had / have two left ribs torsioned (? I made up that word = rib torsion = torsioned?) . . .

Dosed several grams of extract and laid on a blanket in the yard, did lots of stretching.  The pain never goes away, but ... the shrooms do help in putting it all into perspective. 

Then in the morning it still hurts like a bitch, but ... good times?

soliver

• Pipeline likes this

#15 AmanitaResearcher

AmanitaResearcher

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:13 PM

I have heard that some people find relief from using fly agaric tincture as a topical. Topical use doesn't produce a psychoactive effect but might help mitigate the levels of pain you are experiencing.

• OldBear likes this

#16 PapMyc

PapMyc

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

Welcome AmanitaResearcher. I'll try and do some searching on the web for info on topical use of agaric.

#17 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,114 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

[Direct Link]

:P

soliver

• onediadem likes this

#18 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:52 PM

Sometimes, I think there's a significant reduction in overall anxiety that benefits a lot of chronic illness.
  • onediadem, Soliver and PJammer24 like this

#19 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

Sometimes, I think there's a significant reduction in overall anxiety that benefits a lot of chronic illness.

Yep, plenty of research backs this up. I recently read Gabor Mate's book "When the body says no"

[Direct Link]

#20 betyar

betyar

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:04 AM

I started to use Kratom this year .I was curious about the effect ,I read it is good for muscle pain spasms etc so i thought let's try it.I choosed Kratom because i had some sport injuries and my right shoulder is damaged also i have reoccusing backpain.I gave up smoking 4 years ago for health reasons so i stopped smoking weed as well(i occasionly take weed but in the form of cannamilk) but i needed something for pain relief without damaging my lungs.I must say Kratom is great for that also its a great energiser if you got the right dosage.I use a small teaspoon of it in my tea after a hard training day .After months of use i thought it has no side effect on me and i will keep using it daily but i started to realized if i use it too often it makes me demotivated and when the effects starts to wear off i become very irritable so i reduced my intake to a few times a week and i had nearly none of the side-effects but i guess each person reacts differently to it.I would give it a go and also i would suggest to try lemon balm tea for its calming effect.I fought depression with it and it is also a great sleep aid(since i discovered it i started to grow it as well so i have endless supply for myself for no cost)

Sorry if i have made some grammatical mistakes English is not my native language ,I tried to use it to the best of my knowledge.

• Soliver and OldBear like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!