• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 584 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:26 AM

Hi, random query, any detectorists out there?
I just dug out an old one from my dad's place to try and sweep my drive for nails/screws/other metallic debris as we keep getting punctures and I think it's happening at home :(

Dad passed away some years ago so I can't get lessons from him sadly.

Could do with some advice on how to set up and use metal detector properly.

Regards,

Cuboid.

• Alder Logs likes this

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,455 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:53 AM

Costco has one for $100 that I just bought to upgrade the crappy cheap one I got from Harbor Freight for finding steel in logs before I put them on my sawmill.   So, I thought I would try it out to see how much money I could find around our disc golf course's camping area.   I found a dime and two pennies.  I will have the thing paid off in no time at this rate.  Of course, I found more bottle caps than anything else, a few nails, and some aluminum tarp grommets. 

The instructions show me that operating this thing is not simple.   I could also use an experienced guide.

Since this place here has been occupied by white folks since the 1890s, there are probably things worth finding, but it has been repeatedly logged over that period, so there is surely a lot of worthless metal crap to dig up for no good reason to find the few things that would be of value.   I found I needed a long garden trowel, so I just picked one of those up.   But, who needs to dig a bunch of worthless holes?  

Edited by Alder Logs, 08 September 2018 - 10:57 AM.

• Cuboid likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!