• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AmanitaResearcher

AmanitaResearcher

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

I am currently conducting a study on the therapeutic use of the Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria) mushroom and am searching for potential participants who have prior experience using this mushroom for therapeutic purposes. I am conducting short online surveys to gather information about the growing interest in the use of this mushroom as a “medicinal” mushroom with the aim of better understanding this trend and to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to support any of its reported therapeutic applications.

If you are interested in participating in this study, you can access the survey here: https://cwu.co1.qual...bat4KF0eQsVo7xX

Or if you have any questions you can PM me or contact the Principal Investigator here: [email protected]

Thank you.

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,446 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:43 PM

I didn't consult with my peers prior to approving this post. 

Seems like this is a reasonably well constructed study. I'll be interested to hear the synopsis once the results are in. 

• AmanitaResearcher likes this

#3 AmanitaResearcher

AmanitaResearcher

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

Thank you. The study has Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval through Central Washington University (CWU). Surveys are also anonymous. It will probably be a year or so before there are any final results, but hopefully they will prove interesting.

• Myc and wildedibles like this

#4 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,011 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:18 PM

We have sevral threads on AM here .... see if I can find you a couple to read....

#5 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,011 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:02 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...ia-experiments/

This is one of the best info on peoples accounts of using this mushroom a combination of all of us Amanita freaks :) and some myths etc have a read its good

#6 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:25 AM

This is where my own research began, on myself.  In my experience, it was over-rated, but I never went so far as to eat em and then drink my pee, or feed em to my reindeer and drink their pee like Santa used to, or so the legend goes.  I've always sorta wondered how much more intensified that type of experience might be with the whole pee aspect factored in, but then I discovered cubes, and I had to move forward from this initial step in psychedelia to the next.  I imagine pans might be the next step and cactus and Aya tied for third, and I often think of an old stone slab with 4 plants on it- amanita being the first and poppy being the 4th.  I do think there is some natural progression in psychedelic academia and amanita is step one.

#7 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:30 AM

I’ve often wondered if amanita is the entry way for many just due to its legal status

A teacher - yes. It always gave me a lesson to teach others but I never remembered it when I came down
Therioutic - no for the few amounts of time I have eaten them.
  • riseabovethought likes this

#8 PapMyc

PapMyc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

These accounts are of of ingestion where I'm looking at it from a topical use for pain\discomfort. I have been collecting for the past two weeks and have several jars of different species of Amanitas prepared several ways. I'm going to try these preparations for the arthritis in my hands and see how things go.
  • riseabovethought and AmanitaResearcher like this

#9 AmanitaResearcher

AmanitaResearcher

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:15 PM

https://www.podomati...T10_30_34-07_00

Edited by AmanitaResearcher, 05 October 2018 - 12:19 PM.

#10 AmanitaResearcher

AmanitaResearcher

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:22 PM

For whatever reason I could not share text and a web link in the same post. In any case, the link in the post above is to a talk on Fly Agaric as Medicine from last spring's Exploring Psychedelics conference in Ashland, Oregon. The talk starts around minute 6:45.

Edited by AmanitaResearcher, 05 October 2018 - 12:24 PM.

• riseabovethought and PapMyc like this

#11 AmanitaResearcher

AmanitaResearcher

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

Hi PapMyc,

Did you have any luck with topical use? Would be curious what your results were.

#12 PapMyc

PapMyc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:26 PM

Hi AR,
I've had mixed results. I made two different batches of juice, one simmered at 200* and one just decomposed in a cool closet. Both recipes were from the web. Right hand and left with only one type.

Most days it helped. I used it when my hands ached but I should have used in on a daily basis to see if the pain stayed tolerable all the time. I started a full time regiment last week to see how that goes.

I used A. wellsii as that is the most abundant in our area.

#13 PapMyc

PapMyc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:39 AM

Hey all, During the last month I used the juice on a daily basis and there was no cumulative effect using it. I did not use It on the weekend to see if It helped. It did help too minimize the pain but only after reapplying each day. All in all it worked as well as my MJ balm which will still be my go to help.
  • Lakegal7 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!