• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Charliethebum

Charliethebum

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:15 AM

An old goat I know told me about an experience he had the other night. Apparently he added just barely enough water to 50 grams of proven san pedro powder (between 1.5 and 2%) to make a stiff dough and proceeded to swallow cactus doughballs over the next hour until all 50g was ingested. The goat told me his name was "I". weird right? His wife was already in bed so I went and laid down with her, closing his eyes for a bit while the cactus worked its magic. What I saw was demons, corpses, dragons, toothy worms, all very vivid and he should have been terrified but I simply accepted it as what the spirits wanted him to see and the terrible visions soon passed.

After laying in bed for a while, I got up and took a nice shower. I finds that he can handle the hottest water under mescaline, strange because he normally enjoys his showers slightly above tepid. Anyhow, I got out of the shower and put on a bathrobe, then I sat at the computer and watched some clutch videos on YouTube. It was just exactly what I needed at that point in time, at least that's what I told me.

After about another hour of watching YouTube videos, (and another 100mg of hcl extracted alkaloids) I decided he needs to get out of the house so out the door he goes for a shot and a beer at the local saloon (after putting on some pants and a shirt!) The bourbon tastes excellent, I doesn't have any trouble socializing with strangers and he is shooting pool like he used to.

It's late and I gotta get to sleep so that's as far as I can go at the moment. If anyone is interested in hearing the rest I'll continue tomorrow. Night everyone

Edited by Charliethebum, 20 September 2018 - 02:20 AM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#2 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,546 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:25 PM

Most certainly "I" am interested! Thanks for sharing!

• Charliethebum likes this

#3 Charliethebum

Charliethebum

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:01 PM

Ok moving on, after about an hour at the bar, I felt compelled to go for a long walk. There's an absolutely magical desert canyon about two miles out of town, sandstone cliffs with petroglyphs and everything, that was simply calling to him. As soon as he got out of town the mescaline started really showing its magic. The mountains along the freeway were absolutely stunning, lit up with brilliant pinks and purples,and the stars were simply indescribable. I can't say he's ever seen them so unbelievably bright and clear, like I was a thousand miles away from any manmade lights. It was uplifting and humbling at the same time. I was well aware the whole time that there are mountain lions where he's heading, and they were most assuredly out hunting at that time of night, and there was certainly a strong feeling of fear because of this. I felt reassured however, as if a benevolent power was letting him know that the fear is part of it. To accept the fear, to embrace it, is to overcome it.

There's a small public use area near the entrance to the canyon where I stopped for a minute to take a break. I pulled out his pack of smokes and saw there was only one left. I decided to quit right then and there and left the pack with a lighter where someone down on their luck hopefully found it, and wrote a note in the dust below it saying "things get better"

After resting for a brief while I started the trek into the canyon which was still calling, only more insistently. It was getting very late at this point and the moon had long since gone past the horizon, but I found I was able to see by the starlight and as long as I kept moving forward, the trail kept opening up. The feeling, or force, or power calling him kept getting stronger as I went, and I knew exactly from where it was beckoning when I got there.

To be continued when time allows...

Edited by Charliethebum, 20 September 2018 - 09:29 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,493 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:42 PM

You have my attention...............

• Coopdog, Oneyedraven and Charliethebum like this

#5 Charliethebum

Charliethebum

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:55 PM

I came upon a wide spot in the trail, a clearing of sorts. It had been several years since I had hiked this trail and I had no recollection of this spot, but I knew immediately I had arrived where I was going. There was a large elm or cottonwood near the center which I quickly knew as the "shaman tree", and a flat rock under the outside of the tree's canopy. The cliffs rose sheer and high on both sides of the canyon at this particular spot, and the occasional high beam from the (still fairly) nearby freeway would light the walls up with the now familiar, yet still incredibly vibrant, purples and pinks from before. The stars were brighter now than even before, when they were the brightest this old goat had ever seen, and mescalito began to speak.

The insights came too fast and too heavy to even remember them all, much less process them. What I could snatch and hold onto from this flood of clarity, this river of pure wisdom, was basically to live as simply as possible, to help those who need it when you can, and to die someone who's kids can be proud of. Forgiveness, compassion, basically every virtue that every major religion is rooted in, was a major part of this lesson as well. I was shown that my career path is an illusion and that stockpiling against the worst possible future is probably a good idea, and that the way of life I and so many others are so damn accustomed to is soon to be a thing of the past. Granted, these are all things I already knew, mescalito simply insisted, and I mean insisted, that this is not a drill, it's fucking happening already,and to prepare I and I's family for it.

Once again I gotta hit the hay I promise I'll update tomorrow

#6 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycophage

• Gold VIP
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:20 PM

Nice work CTB. Looking forward to your next post.

#7 Charliethebum

Charliethebum

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:12 PM

After meditating under the shaman tree for probably an hour, the stream of insight began to slow down and I knew it was time to move on. I felt refreshed, recharged and overall empowered at this point. The first leg of the trail I had felt like prey, uncertain and somewhat fearful. I now felt like the apex predator, self assured and confident in my path. It occurred to I that we're either predator, prey, or parasite and the coice is ours.

I felt the same calling from before, further up the canyon. I know from past excursions that the canyon eventually boxes off and there are petroglyphs on the walls and a natural sandstone sculpture in the center, and I was positive the force compelling me on was coming from that spot. The trail was getting rougher, and I was having to climb small cliffs occassionally to keep going. I felt like a young brave must feel on a vision quest and it was quite an exhilarating experience.

I didn't really have any more insights after leaving the shaman tree, I simply felt one with nature. Unfortunately I came to a cliff about 7 feet tall which I wasn't comfortable trying to negotiate with only the starlight to see by, so I had to turn around at that point because his family can't afford for himto not be able to work.

As I walked down the canyon, the calling grew more and more insistent, to the point that I actually turned back to the spot I had stopped at. I'm glad I did because I had neglected to take in the scenery and it was breathtaking. The canyon was quite narrow at that point and the silhouette of the rocks and desert sage against the brilliantly clear sky is a sight I will not soon forget.

I stood, awestruck, for some time before heading down again. This time the beckoning from behind him had all but died out. I made it down to the highway without incident and lay down on a rock to stargaze for a bit. I had the same feeling of wonder and insignificance I had the first time I looked up at the night sky as a child and realized just how small we really are in the whole scheme of things.

On the walk home his legs began to cramp up with a good mile to go so I called the wife who loaded up the kids and came to pick him up. It was about 4 in the morning at this point and yes, I is a very lucky goat to have such a lovingly understanding lady in his life.

This experience has been a life changer to be sure. It's been several days now and I still hasn't fully processed everything he learned. I still have no idea what the terror visions I saw during the come up were about, I'd love to hear any theories about that.

If anyone reading this is on the fence about trying this amazing substance, I say do it ASAP and don't be afraid to dive in. High dose is where its at and it's very kind.

Well, that's the story of an old goat's spirit journey. Thanks everyone for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!

Edited by Charliethebum, 21 September 2018 - 07:22 PM.

#8 av8or

av8or

Bump Master

• Free Member
  • 77 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:48 AM

Thank you

#9 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,546 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:35 PM

Yes Thank You for that. That was one of the most profound and beautiful trip reports and spiritual journeys I have had the pleasure of reading. I also have fairly often "Visions" of a sort, just a knowing if you will that this way of life is coming to an end as we know it. I have been privately telling my wife this all of our lives, and I feel it is certainly going to happen in my lifetime. When I was younger I felt much more prepared and in shape for it. Now that I am getting old, it is truly frightening to follow my thoughts down the rabbit hole that many current events are pressing onto our reality. I truly believe that the future is very malleable and we can change it if we try, the problem is nobody else believes that, or even if they do they don't want to try to do anything any different than they do every day. Your thoughts on prey, predator, or parasite were a beautiful thing and a true thing and the balance between the three is tipping. 

I try every day to manifest a better reality for all of us, and that is the basis of my spiritual path. You wrote a beautiful piece there, and I would like to see a mod maybe put them together into one cohesive post possibly if that would not be me overstepping my bounds. :) Well played sir well played. 

• Alder Logs and Charliethebum like this

#10 Charliethebum

Charliethebum

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:36 PM

Thank you very much for the kind words. I definitely agree that the future doesn't have to go the way it's going, but it certainly doesn't seem like things in this country are getting better any time soon. I too am getting older and need to get back into shape. I find it curious that there are so many people who prepare dor the worst by stockpiling food water and ammo, while neglecting to prepare their bodies. Ah well I guess it's just a case of hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. Oh, and yes it is important to make whatever difference you can. Small changes for the better are our only real hope to avoid a disastrous future.

Edited by Charliethebum, 22 September 2018 - 05:39 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,024 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:57 PM

We are not these bodies, though we have them and can influence their condition.  There is no future and never has been, though even being in this now, there seems to be indications of directions which are not going to necessarily be our call.    For some reason, and I am not in any 12 step program, but the Serenity Prayer  keeps coming into my mind.    We can all see that things have to change, and though they always have and do, this moment seems quite pregnant with unimaginable possibility.   I think it would be ill advised to proclaim anything about this world we look upon in this time.  As a friend on another forum likes to say, "Let 'r buck!"

#12 Charliethebum

Charliethebum

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:21 AM

That's some great insight, thank you. There's a Hopi proverb that comes to mind as well- something like "don't let tomorrow consume too much of today"
  • Alder Logs likes this

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,024 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:43 AM

The Hopi prophesy of the Great Purification has been hovering in mind quite a bit for me lately.   That bit about cobwebs in the sky...

• Skywatcher and Charliethebum like this

#14 Charliethebum

Charliethebum

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:29 PM

I hadn't heard of the purification prophecy, but a quick google search and...the cobwebs are just a precursor.
https://www.manataka.org/page2040.html

Edited by Charliethebum, 23 September 2018 - 10:31 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!