#1 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,203 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:02 PM

I'm sorry.

I don't know what I'm doing, why I post here when it's pretty much just spam at this point.  I want to apologize.  I know this isn't the place for most of what I end up talking about.  I just felt the need to vent.

They say don't text while drunk.  In my case it really should be "don't text while darci."

I promise that if there's another one, it will come only after I've discovered sanity.

If you can forgive me...

• riseabovethought, Alder Logs and happy4nic8r like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,813 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:30 PM

No apologies needed Darci. Every one of us needs to scream out sometimes. Your posts are honesty, and it needs to be expressed at times. Please know you have many friends here, and its OK to be you ! Thats the person who we find we can feel with, and share the darkness to help make the light brighter.................... :hug:

• Sidestreet, coorsmikey, riseabovethought and 3 others like this

#3 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,481 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:15 PM

They say don't text while drunk.

Jesus. If I followed this general advice, most of my mycotopia existence, well...wouldn't exist. Probably a good portion of my "irl" life too, for that matter.

• Myc, coorsmikey, riseabovethought and 3 others like this

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,286 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:40 PM

No apologies. 

Edited by onediadem, 20 September 2018 - 09:44 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,593 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:24 PM

Discover is the operable word here.  

I have lived on the lip of insanity,

wanting to know reasons,

knocking on a door.

It opens.

I've been knocking from the inside.

~Rumi

• Skywatcher likes this

#6 T0them00N

T0them00N

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:55 AM

I'm sorry.

I don't know what I'm doing, why I post here when it's pretty much just spam at this point.  I want to apologize.  I know this isn't the place for most of what I end up talking about.  I just felt the need to vent.

They say don't text while drunk.  In my case it really should be "don't text while darci."

I promise that if there's another one, it will come only after I've discovered sanity.

If you can forgive me...

You know darci, you may be surprised. There may be other individuals who are in a similar boat and that don't post their thoughts or feelings for whatever reason. By you sharing others may feel more normal, and realize that they're not the only one. So you may not realize that you're helping others in one way or another. . . Just a different perspective. . . No need for apologies. Maybe a you're welcome is more appropriate.
*Peace and happy vibrations your way*
  • riseabovethought, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#7 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:30 PM

I'm sorry.

If you can forgive me...

So long as it help you keep on venting :)

#8 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,545 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:58 PM

Darci: C'momn, vent away. It's the time and place, and your venting keeps my mind level. Ever since I first came on here I've enjoyed the vents of the people here, they are far and away better than the non-creative whinings of "normal" h.b.'s

• riseabovethought, Skywatcher and Cuboid like this

#9 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,045 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:12 PM

I like your venting too.  Keep it coming sister!   :cool:

#10 Psilocyduck

Psilocyduck

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:14 PM

If we aren't allowed to express ourselves through venting then what would become of us? You did nothing that needs an apology Darci. I did read your posts and as I do for anybody who feels the way you did, I sent good vibes your way. I'm more than sure we all are in fact, and will continue to do so. Don't be sorry, and I'm looking forward to many more posts from you, no matter what they are :)

• Skywatcher and DonShadow like this

#11 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,286 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:19 PM

Please vent away Darci. You are with a safe family tribe here.

#12 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,286 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:32 AM

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

• Myc, Alder Logs, Cuboid and 1 other like this

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,593 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:56 AM

There is one Planet Earth, but there are seven point five billion worlds.

~Mooji

• onediadem and DonShadow like this

#14 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:57 PM

I'm sorry.

If you can forgive me...

Darci,

I haven't been here in quite a long time.

For what it's worth I've always enjoyed your posts. They're always honest and it shows that you fearlessly bear your heart for all to see as you wish to express it.

I believe very strongly that by putting our thoughts and feelings into words, simply knowing that others might read them, acts as a powerful catharsis that can heal us in some ways. Even just getting out what's within us and making it indelibly, be it carving into wood, written in ink, formed into art, or posting it online, can help us make it through tough times.

Please don't apologize for having found a home where you feel comfortable enough to write what you feel must be written at the time. I don't think anyone here would complain about that.

Feel free to write when you feel that you must.

Half the time I feel that anything I write or say is useless, but I do it anyway because if I didn't I couldn't get through the day.

Oh, by the way, happy Autumn!

• onediadem and DonShadow like this

#15 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,203 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:36 PM

I giggled at this.  Was worth it.

ok.jpg

• onediadem, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 3 others like this

#16 PapMyc

PapMyc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:12 PM

Laughter does wonders for the soul !

#17 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,286 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:05 PM

Dang lol.

#18 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,203 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:11 AM

I remember my first semester of calculus as an undergrad.  It wasn't that I wasn't smart enough or incapable of doing well in the class.  I was just overwhelmed at the time and couldn't keep up with managing all the bandwidth consumed by my worries in addition to money in addition to school.  My grade in the class started slipping after I fell behind on homework, and I got a B on my first test.  To me, this was almost the end of the world.  Every semester I was getting a 4.0, and to threaten me with an early B felt like everything was falling apart.

I only had myself to talk to at the time, and it took too long to realize that I could recover from that without it being a disaster.  Eventually, I just said "screw it" and failed that class entirely, with the plan to take it again next semester and replace my grade.  That's exactly what I did, and finished school with a 4.0 until the whole genetics lab fiasco, which is another story.

In short, I didn't explode, the world kept turning and the sun did rise, even though technically I failed a math class in college, one of my favorite subjects.  

I think learning when to let go is sometimes a skill we need.

• onediadem, T0them00N and PapMyc like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!