• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:40 AM

So, I've made the decision to have a go at growing again. Last time around I couldn't get past the spawn stage. This time around I'm going with the PF tek. I want to see these things grow and journey into my spiritual growth with my own mushies.

Yesterday, I got 6 jars made up and PC'ed along with a quart of water for making syringes. This was all banking on the knowledge that I had a couple of prints from a friend. Come to find out, those prints have disappeared. Most likely thrown away at some point as I've had them over a year now I believe. So, I'm now on the journey to resupply my spores. I'm currently trying to get VIP to facilitate this.

Could anyone tell me how long my jars will be ok after being PC'ed? It wouldn't be a problem to make more if necessary, just wondering.

• onediadem and CatsAndBats like this

#2 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:31 PM

Depends on your lid set up. I've got a little 4oz jar with hydrated sterilized grain (with a perfect lid/seal), that's been sitting on a shelf for a year or two that hasn't shown contamination yet.

#3 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

Depends on your lid set up. I've got a little 4oz jar with hydrated sterilized grain (with a perfect lid/seal), that's been sitting on a shelf for a year or two that hasn't shown contamination yet.

It's all done according to the "Growing for the Masses" PDF that is pinned. Still has the foil hats on it. I'll give it a shot once I get some spores. If they don't work, they don't work I suppose and I'll just try again :biggrin:

• CatsAndBats likes this

#4 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 08:35 PM

Alright. Got my VIP going. Now just need to get some spores. Will post more once I've gotten that far.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#5 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:12 PM

Ok... I won the most recent 48 hour auction from wharfrat. WOOT! 3 strains to pick from. I have 6 jars, so will probably make 2 of each. I may do some agar work on the prints as well just to "play" with it. I have done some agar work before. It's how I noc'ed up my Pcorn spawn on my first go around years ago. But it's something I'm interested in. Probably do some more digging into CatsandBats agar threads for inspiration.

So I hope to have more progress updates in the coming week or so :biggrin:

• CatsAndBats likes this

#6 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 369 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:37 PM

Your Set  GOOD  LUCK!

Edited by bezevo, 30 September 2018 - 02:53 PM.

• r36r0w7h likes this

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:24 PM

Ok... I won the most recent 48 hour auction from wharfrat. WOOT! 3 strains to pick from. I have 6 jars, so will probably make 2 of each. I may do some agar work on the prints as well just to "play" with it. I have done some agar work before. It's how I noc'ed up my Pcorn spawn on my first go around years ago. But it's something I'm interested in. Probably do some more digging into CatsandBats agar threads for inspiration.

Purrhaps get your agar on by germinating to it? :thumbs_up:

• r36r0w7h likes this

#8 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

Purrhaps get your agar on by germinating to it? :thumbs_up:

That was the intent :tongue: Going to play with strain isolation some more and see if I can find some really good genetics.

And the wait continues for spores. Patience is a virtue grasshoppa :meditate:

#9 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:11 PM

They came today!!! Thanks to Wharfrat for fixing a mess up with the mail. Total stand up guy? Lol.

I should get to noc up some PF jars this weekend. Going to make a new batch since the others have been sitting there for about a month, lol. Time flies when you're having fun.

Also going to get some spores germinating on agar at the same time and try to get several strains? of each going.

#10 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,464 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:18 PM

Nice thing about going from print to agar vs syringe, all ya need is a small scrape from the print. You can continue to use the original print for years. But I'm betting you'll have new prints of your own soon anyway.

#11 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:12 PM

Nice thing about going from print to agar vs syringe, all ya need is a small scrape from the print. You can continue to use the original print for years. But I'm betting you'll have new prints of your own soon anyway.

Will definitely be making some prints. Never done that as I've never had a successful grow. Now is the time :cool:

#12 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:22 PM

I've spent all day getting things ready to get to work. Shmuv box things and PF jars are ready to go. Water for spore syringes. Working on the no-pour agar jars now. First 16 are in with 20 more to go after that. I may just throw them in the oven and get them all done so I don't have to wait for the PC to cool down enough and run it 2 more times.

Tomorrow will be the day things take off. :biggrin:

#13 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 06:47 PM

Ok... So I will have to wait for the PC to cool down enough to do 2 more runs in it. Or take the jar bands out and drop the rack in the PC so I can fit all 20 in at once. Oven sterilization won't work. Didn't think about the fact that it is a liquid and will need to get above boiling point in order to sterilize and that can't happen unless there is pressure to get the liquid up that high. Good thing I Googled :tinfoil:

• coorsmikey likes this

#14 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,349 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:44 PM

Thank you for realizing the oven is not your friend when it comes to sterilizing. One more smack on a forehead prevented.

• coorsmikey and r36r0w7h like this

#15 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:18 PM

Thank you for realizing the oven is not your friend when it comes to sterilizing. One more smack on a forehead prevented.

Yeah, I like to do my research as much as possible. Better to figure it out beforehand rather than after. But stupid mistakes make you learn real quick :tongue:

• onediadem and coorsmikey like this

#16 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,349 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:44 PM

Indeed they do. I actually got into a fight with PF over the oven and his abuse of members talking about it lol.

#17 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:26 PM

Got things going yesterday. 2 PF and agar jars of each strain incubating now; Alacabenzi, God Seeker and Golden Halo. Can't wait to see things kick off. Crossing my fingers for success. Will post pics when things develop.

#18 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,349 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:01 PM

All my hopes..

• r36r0w7h likes this

#19 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:58 PM

BRF jars have myc growing :D going nicely I might add.

Agar jars still not showing any myc, although I do have 2 jars with contams. Oh well. Win some, you lose some.

#20 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:19 AM

Here is a pic of one of the BRF jars I took on the 25th, 4 days after innoculation

4days

I'll get more pics soon, hopefully today. I'll show my 2 jars of wonderful slime mold (at least I think that's what I got in those 2 jars). I'll get a shot of all the jars and the strains they are as well to document a bit better as well.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!