• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:04 PM

Hey we are pretty close to the same stage but I cant tell if any of mine are doing anything :(

#22 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:14 PM

Ok. All of this was innoculated on 10-21-18. 2 jars each of agar and BRF of 3 different strains.

First are the 2 jars of contams I got on agar. I believe it to be slime mold, but not sure. I lost one jar of Alacabenzi and one of God Seeker. So they have been discarded.

contams

Next is the Alacabenzi agar jar. The growth is rather slow. But at least there are no contams and nice fluffy myc.

alacabenzi 10 28 18

And the Alacabenzi BRF jars, which are showing much better growth than the agar jars.

alacabenzi BRF 10 28 18

The Golden Halo is growing strong and quickly. It's faster in the BRF, but the agar jars look nice as well. Much better than the Ala.

golden halo 10 28 18

The BRF jars of GH are looking great!!! The red circle is showing the greatest myc growth of all the jars. I believe it to be the dominant strain in the jar, at least as of now.

golden halo BRF 10 28 18

The God Seeker agar jar that has survived is showing no signs of myc that I can see right now, but I'm holding out hope for it. The BRF jars are showing some growth. The jar on the left has a circle where the only myc growth I can see is (at least I'm hoping for it to be myc; it is fairly light and wispy). The other jar is starting to take off though :)

God seeker BRF 10 28 18

I'll make more updates as things progress and updates are needed ;)

#23 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:16 PM

Hey we are pretty close to the same stage but I cant tell if any of mine are doing anything :(

Hopefully that will show you a better idea of how things might go for you Turdly. 3 different strains all at different stages. Some are more stubborn than others :deadhorse:  Just keep on going and give it a bit more time. If not, you can always try again at another point.

• coorsmikey and Sikfreud like this

#24 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:47 AM

Two week update.

The Golden Halo are at 100%, just waiting for knotting/pinning.

golden halo 11 4 18

The God Seekers are about 25% and 50% respectively.

God seeker 11 4 18

The Alacabenzi are almost at 100%. So those will be a few days behind the Golden Halo I believe.

alacabenzi 11 4 18

And I should have posted this earlier, but this is a pic of my shmuv. I couldn't find any clear trash bags, so I made my own with plastic painter's drop "cloth"... It is way too big. Will definitely be looking a bit harder for clear trash bags :tongue:

shmuv

The agar jars have been put in the fridge until I can get some time to do some transfers, so no pics of those today, but they are all ready for it. Can't wait to get to that one, but I've been kinda lazy about it right now as I have the PF jars going nicely.

Edited by r36r0w7h, 04 November 2018 - 09:48 AM.

#25 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

I haven't posted any updates in awhile, but things are looking good. Just waiting on the pin set in all of my jars. And other good news, the one agar jar I thought wouldn't produce anything finally has myc growing in it. Only took 3 weeks, lol. I'll try to get some pics this weekend as I do some agar transfers as well :)

#26 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 06:36 PM

Alright. Should have done this earlier, but here goes...

11-18-18

Noticed the very first pin growing in one of the Golden Halo jars :biggrin:. Although I wasn't able to dunk that night, I dunked it the next night. But during the night, another pin decided to give it a go as well, lol. So 2 pins before the first dunk. And here's a shot of the first pin :cool:

golden halo first Pin 11 18 18

So that was on a Monday I dunked, so Tuesday I got it set up in an one gallon ice cream tub FC. Use what you got, right? lol. It has about an inch of perlite in the bottom all nice and wet. Humidity is up, water along the sides at all times, no need for misting (I don't think?). Fanning twice a day, once when I wake up, once at bedtime. Light is on at night while I sleep. I'm using one of those $6 under-cabinet LED lights. Has two LEDs in it and runs on AA's. I just set it right on top of the tub lid. I also put the other Golden Halo jar in with it to go invitro. Kinda wanna see how that goes :tongue:.

Fast forward a week... Today.

THEY ARE POPPIN'!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: 2 or 3 new pins. One already has a nice brown top to it  :biggrin:. So, here those are...

golden halo pinset2 11 27 18

This one shows 2 of the new pins. One at the top of the cake towards the top of the pic and the other about 1/3 down the cake about 2/3 pic on the right. I believe that that side of the cake has a lot of knotting going on? All those little white dots, correct?

golden halo pinset1 11 27 18

In this pic, the one with the red circle is one of the 2 pins that were there before dunking. The other one fell off, but I saved it and put it in with the cake. Not sure what I expect with it, but whatever, lmao.

Now, I can't wait to see what this cake does in the next week, or however long it takes, lol. I'm so EXCITED! :biggrin: Very first boomers :biggrin:

With that said, Updates may be coming more regularly. Like possibly daily, lol.

• jkdeth likes this

#27 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

Looking good so far! Keep us updated.

#28 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:29 PM

Just wanted to add that when your cakes looked like yours, as in nicely hydrated and not shrinking before you took them out of the jar, a dunk isn't necessary before the first flush.

The pic with the pin in the jar shows no shrinkage, and there is plenty moisture on the jar itself.

Sometimes it's just a waste of a day, and you damage pins along the way. I never dunk before the first flush, unless they're obviously shriveled and shrunken.

Just some food for though for next time, and I am sure some people disagree, but for me the benefits of dunking before the 1st flush dont outweigh the negatives.

#29 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:26 PM

Just wanted to add that when your cakes looked like yours, as in nicely hydrated and not shrinking before you took them out of the jar, a dunk isn't necessary before the first flush.

The pic with the pin in the jar shows no shrinkage, and there is plenty moisture on the jar itself.

Sometimes it's just a waste of a day, and you damage pins along the way. I never dunk before the first flush, unless they're obviously shriveled and shrunken.

Just some food for though for next time, and I am sure some people disagree, but for me the benefits of dunking before the 1st flush dont outweigh the negatives.

Eh, it's just another day. But thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind.

#30 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:10 PM

What ever happened with people stacking cakes?

I remember it being a pretty useful method when space was low.

#31 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:54 PM

What ever happened with people stacking cakes?
I remember it being a pretty useful method when space was low.

I had considered it. Chose not to. I have plenty of space for things

#32 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:58 PM

Took some pics last night of the Golden Halo cake I birthed/dunked last week. Pins are forming quite nicely. Can't wait to see the fruits of their labor :tongue:

golden halo first flush second1

golden halo first flush second2

And the 2 God Seeker cakes are recovering nicely. Hope to see pins on those as well soon.

#33 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:20 AM

Took some more pictures. Yesterday and this morning. Not a lot of difference in the pics I guess, but I'm showing them anyways, lol. I think there is about 15 hours-ish of time between the sets.

Here is a shot of the God Seekers in the FC.

God seeker FC 12 01 18

And yesterday's shots of the Golden Halo in the one gallon ice cream tub FC.

golden halo first flush 12 01 18 2

golden halo first flush 12 01 18 1

And this morning's set.

golden halo first flush 12 02 18 3

golden halo first flush 12 02 18 2

golden halo first flush 12 02 18 1

I really love seeing the Rhizo growing off the side of that cake. Looks kinda crystallyish lol. New word for the week :tongue:

Question. The big mushie on the GH cake... When should I pick it? I don't see a veil on it as I can see the gills under the cap. Don't remember really seeing a veil on it???

I believe I'll wait a bit to see the cap really open up. I know there is debate on when to pick, potency and all that. But I'm just curious to see what you all think, lol. Just to start another debate :tongue: :deadhorse:

But anyways, that's it for the updates now. I have some things to do. Then I think I'll be making an LED setup that I can plug in instead of using the battery setup I am running currently. It's going through 4 AA's every few days, and I really don't feel like throwing that much money at batteries just to do this. Time to brush up on the electronics and get the soldering iron out :biggrin:

#34 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:12 PM

Forgot to add... The jar of Golden Halo I've left to go invitro has gotten a couple of pins on it :biggrin:  So it will continue until harvest time. Can't wait to see those shrooms, hehe.

#35 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:31 PM

Ok. A few days of updates in one go :)

Monday, only got one shot of the GH cake.

golden halo first flush 12 03 18

Tuesday, yesterday, I got a few pics. And I picked my first shroom!!! :biggrin: Along with the one big one, I picked the aborts off as well.

golden halo first flush 12 04 18 2

golden halo first flush 12 04 18 1

golden halo first boom 12 04 18

And shots from today. The cake is blueing quite noticeably. I'm thinking it may need a bit of misting. So I shall do that tonight when I fan the cake. And maybe that will help with the aborting as well. Think I made a mistake not putting verm on the top of that cake. I will put some on top with the second dunk which should allow me to go without the misting of the cake

golden halo first flush 12 05 18 2

golden halo first flush 12 05 18 1

Next update, I'll get a shot of the invitro jar. At last count, there were like 7 pins in it. This truly is an amazing hobby :biggrin:

#36 HooKworm

HooKworm

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 07:03 PM

Nice grow my friend. I love seeing others succeed.
  • r36r0w7h likes this

#37 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:41 PM

The blueing will go away after a dunk and nice rest.

Yeah those rhizos are wicked. Colonized the plastic like its agar.
  • r36r0w7h likes this

#38 r36r0w7h

r36r0w7h

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:05 PM

The blueing will go away after a dunk and nice rest.
Yeah those rhizos are wicked. Colonized the plastic like its agar.

Yeah, that rhizo is freaking wicked. The spread on the lid was crazy as was the growth that stuck out almost half an inch from the cake.

Those 3 mushies were all I got from the first flush. I let it set 5 or 6 days after picking the last 2 and no new growth. So picked the aborts and dunked last night. It's back in its tub for the second flush.

The second set that went in, god seekers, are just now knotting nicely. Taken a while, but I believe that's because of the cakes not being 100% colonized when I dunked. It is definitely the slowest grower. We'll see what kind of flush they get.

The alacabenzi just set a pin on one of the cakes during the day today. Not sure about the knotting on it, but since one is pinning, hoping the other isn't too far behind. I'll try to get some pics of them tomorrow

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!