Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Forage Action... Round 2... It's good to be home!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,466 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:28 PM

Hit some different spots this time around... Only 2 small chanterelles but some other cool finds!!

Home sweet home!! Why did I leave for nearly a decade?? I dunno either... Delayed teenage angst I guess!!

Love...

Why did I leave?
I think it was a suspect decision also...
Again, why did I leave?

Coral Mushroom
Coral Mushroom!!

Lone Puff Daddy
Lone Puff Daddy...

One of 2 lil chanterelles
Chantrelle

Chicken
chicken

Chicken Lil is growing up
My Lil chicken is growing up!

Old head Chickface
Old head chicken...

Puffball Party
Puffer cluster

Edited by PJammer24, 23 September 2018 - 05:33 PM.

• onediadem, Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,466 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:32 PM

Sweet LiL Lady...  (destroying angel)

Sweet!!

LL Cool Cluster (I don't know what either of these clusters are)
Cozy Cluster
Trips...

Unpalatable but cool bolete

cute lil Bolete - Not palatable...

Edited by PJammer24, 23 September 2018 - 07:19 PM.

• onediadem, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#3 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,688 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:18 AM

That last one looks like a Bolete of some type, Those grow here and you are right they are not good to eat. My bro in law used to scrape the yellow spongey underbelly out and cook it and it tasted a little better. Coral, and Chicken and Chantrelles seem rightly id'd. Not sure on the destroying angel, some others look similar even with white spore prints. 

Edited by Coopdog, 24 September 2018 - 02:20 AM.

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,466 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:30 PM

I am pretty confident in the ones I Id'd... The destroying angel I am fairly confident in also. There are look a likes, Agaricus campestris (meadow mushrooms) for example, but based on habitat and inspection I am relatively confident it is an Angel...

That bolete isn't palatable but there are tons of different boletes and many of them are good - choice edible mushrooms. I am pretty sure this one is Boletus miniato-pallescens based on its features and also due to it being found in a hardwood forest that has a lot of oaks... It looks a lot like the Bouillon Bolete, Boletus pallidoroseus which is considered a desirable edible... I also saw a bunch of Boletus discolor which are not considered good edibles but there is a debate that this could be bad information but I am not willing to see for myself...

The photos that are clusters of mushrooms are the ones that I am not sure of...

I haven't seen any honey mushrooms which I think is surprising... I have only been out twice since I got home and there is a lot of ground still to cover both at the farm and in the nearby sanctuary which are completely different types of forest.

#5 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,466 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:24 AM

The "coral" mushroom is actually a false coral, Tremellodendron schweinitzii... I was looking at the photo last night and realized that it didn't look like it had been pulled off wood. My pretty little partner in crime who found it says she found it on the forest floor. After further research, I have learned that another defining characteristic of the true coral mushroom, besides being found on wood, is small indentations at its tips which I didn't know.

artomyces_pyxidatus_02_thumb.jpg

This mushroom would not have been harmful to eat but it may have been bitter and a little tough...

Edited by PJammer24, 25 September 2018 - 09:25 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!