• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:17 PM

Friend has trial over some boomers she had. Does anyone know of any good info I can supply her lawyer with to possibly help....?

#2 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,588 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:00 PM

Make sure she talks to nobody about her case except her lawyer.  That's the number one gripe I have heard from defense lawyers.  Their clients end up talking to the police, the prosecutors, snitches in jail, Facebook, etc.

She should tell her lawyer the truth.  If the lawyer has the wrong idea about what really went on, the strategy will be all wrong.  She is protected by attorney-client privilege as long as she keeps those conversations to herself as well.  If she can't trust her lawyer with the truth, she should get a new lawyer.

If there is anyone with any kind of [pro-social] status that is willing to say good things about her in court, you should tell the lawyer about it.  It could be very helpful at sentencing.  Teachers, professors, church staff, officials, etc.

I'm sorry your friend is in trouble.  She really needs a friend right now and it looks like you're being one.  You should also consider, if she had more than a personal amount, that they might try to use her to hurt others.  I hope that's not the case!

Edited by Sidestreet, 25 September 2018 - 05:01 PM.

• Skywatcher, MsBehavin420, av8or and 1 other like this

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,781 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:23 PM

That sucks Ms. B.  IMHO SideStreet's advice is solid, and I think he covered everything I would have said.

(Sorry SS, and Skye for the mix up, I was trying to multitask, and the new avatar tricked me.  Many thanks for fixing my post Mikey :)

Edited by Juthro, 26 September 2018 - 12:14 AM.
Fixed Skye to Sidestreet. the new avatar confuses me too

• MsBehavin420 likes this

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,532 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:23 PM

I agree. I don't know why people want to talk, talk, talk. The only thing that should ever come out of your mouth is "I want a lawyer". You don't even have to tell them your name. My uncle was a sheriff, and he taught me that at a young age, regardless of what had or had not been done. Things can be used against you in either case. I hope she only had a small quantity. That always helps.

Please people's of my myco family, if I teach you nothing else, this is the most important thing you need to learn first and foremost. I dont care what they threaten you with, or beat you with. The only thing you ever say is "I WANT A LAWYER" and then the lawyer does the talking for you. That way he/she doesn't have to try to clean up your wordy mouthy mess.

• Coopdog, MsBehavin420, Pipeline and 2 others like this

#5 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:38 AM

We're way past all that.
she (and I) got arrested back in Jan. I had a joint and she had under a gram of mushrooms. They charged me with her mushrooms and have played games the entire time. We weren't offered an acod until 3months after my case was started and had her on a warrant for not showing up to court 15 days earlier, Clearly her ticket said exactly what mine said as did our statements which were thrown out..
I'm not worried bout me here. I face $100 fine and I get my pics and prints back bc it's a Misdemeanor. My gurl on the other hand is not as lucky.
what I'm seeking is professional shit on anti depression and things that the lawyer can use to get this gone..

What's fucked is. It's our first offense.
kids were being given Acod after being caught woth bundles and works and pills driving! Given a 2mo acod so "they don't mess up you college"
What's up with that??

#6 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:40 AM

They sent us to step court... Which is actually a person who walks you down the hall to treatment court (which I'm not eligible for bc I hold a "green card" as my daughter calls my Marihuana medical card)

#7 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:54 AM

I'm a nurse, I have PTSD, Depression, Anxiety and a Rage Disorder. I use both cannabis and mushrooms to control my issues verses being another buyer from the drug pusher big pharma. If there is anything I can add or help with please let me know...I may or may not have good information.....please ask...liberties are at stake and as a combat veteran, I take that personally.

I'm tired of the fucking government telling me what I can / can't put into my body, or how I should / should not think....its none of their business. PERIOD

• onediadem, MsBehavin420, av8or and 3 others like this

#8 Nitegazer

Nitegazer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:58 AM

It would be hard to provide much legal advice, because each jurisdiction is different, and a lot of this will come down to procedure. Sorry to hear your gurl missed her court date; that makes things a bit harder. I hope she'll end up in a treatment program with an opportunity to expunge case.

• onediadem, MsBehavin420, Kraven and 1 other like this

#9 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:09 PM

Oh that part isn't even a problem or a concern (missing her first date) it's just a matter of how they are doing this.

I am interested in what Kraven is talking about.
also thinking things along the line of liberty caps grow in your yard.

My friend is an Idiot and selfish. Had she just eaten them or given it away none of this Would have happened.. Amateur move from a 40 year old..

#10 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:12 PM

Not really seeking legal advice per se.
it's just what can I arm her attorney with to help

#11 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:22 PM

I suffer from those same things. Mine started at an earlier age than normal.. I was the kindergarten kid who drew Sad faces, nail biter, toe nail biter, hair eating, temper tantrums, ocd much? Add/ adhd, anxiety hyperactivity it goes on and on.
I then was on that depot Provera shit after having my daughter 21 years ago. It got me on pills(antidepressants and other) and kicked out of my house and on the street. Which brought me to a homeless shelter and more medication. Which ended me kicked out of the shelter.
I finally got off the drugs.. All of them. And now i smoke weed and have some fungus. My issues aren't resolved but I feel 100% better than I ever did. But to say they're schedule 1. She faces a year in prison for her first offense which she should have been Offered an acod immediately and she wasn't.
Now we hear it's taking this long bc the court we are in is a training court for the Da. It's bullshit. I've played along but I have had enough. 9mo over a Misdemeanor. Is some bullshit
  • Nitegazer likes this

#12 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:24 PM

BTW the other was not illicit drugs. Just meaning more prescription drugs. I totaled 7 different pills each day, twice a day. And that's not including the dosages. At times I was swallowing 24 pills a day. 2 of this 4 of that. Ita a bunch o malarkey

#13 Nitegazer

Nitegazer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:39 PM

I'm pushing all the positive energy I can to your direction Ms. B. Thank you for sharing your story and your struggle. What you have had to go through happens all too often. BUT it's inspirational that you found the strength to toss away the factory meds and rebuild.

Please be careful trying to make any broad arguments about liberty (or liberty caps) at your hearing. Most of the time it won't help. The court wants to see a sorry and compliant defendant-- leave the arguing to the lawyers. 

• Coopdog likes this

#14 Psilocyduck

Psilocyduck

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:00 PM

Sending positive thoughts and energy your way. I once had been thrown in the back of a DEA car and was told to go get drugs for them over me having pills on me and I stuck to the "I want a lawyer" thing, and yes it does work. The entire case was dropped not only because of me keeping my mouth shut, but they made mistakes that they couldn't retract. All will be well with you and your friend :)

• onediadem and MsBehavin420 like this

#15 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:14 PM

I know of someone who did 7 years for weed that never existed.

#16 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:58 AM

Took one for the team. Neither of us are finger pointers....
So we got 2 adjournment in contemplation of dismissal. 1 for 6 MO for controlled substance and 1 for 1 year for the weed.
  • OldBear likes this

#17 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,532 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:56 AM

What?

#18 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:11 AM

What's the confusion?

#19 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:12 AM

The legal. Systems fucked...

#20 Nitegazer

Nitegazer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:06 PM

I think I got it-- let me know if I'm wrong.

If you stay out of the legal system for 6mo, they dismiss the mushroom related charges. If you stay out of the legal system for 1yr, they'll dismiss the weed related charges. There isn't any probation.

If that's the case, that's great news!

• MsBehavin420 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!