9 replies to this topic

#1 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,498 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:05 PM

Has anyone else stumbled across the Shrink Rap podcast?

I'm thinking I might have a look at the book: How to Change Your Mind, M. Pollan. It's rather recent (2018).

Edited by scott_1971_h, 27 September 2018 - 05:18 PM.

#2 otto9M9otto

otto9M9otto

Mycophiliac

• Validating
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:50 PM

Something you might want to know about Carl Jung

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,141 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:05 AM

Something you might want to know about Carl Jung

Thanks for that.   I could not help but see parallels between Jung and say, Castaneda, each as stars of cults of their own creation.

#4 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,398 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:23 AM

jung-1.jpg

#5 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

Is it possible for radical ideology, philosophy and theology to not catalyze the emergence of culture? Wasn't Freud a cult leader too? Einstein? Darwin? Mr. Rogers? If mainstream culture is diseased, should we attack every antibody that has a whiff of impurity? If the cultural disease is the incapacity for independent, critical thinking, many healthy babies will be thrown out with the tainted bathwater.

• CatsAndBats and Moonless like this

#6 Moonless

Moonless

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:11 PM

I found the Jungian perspective podcast in January of this year and have since listened to a few of their episodes. I've always wondered about Jungs sexuality hahaha! like did he let his wife sleep around as he did?

The article posted I like. I always wonder about Jungs life and I think its good to see the man for how he was in whichever problematic ways he held. The subject: problematic, is quite tricky one ehh. I've conversed with many college students about the "great" men of the past and their theories, and have discovered it's a common effect to abandon all study and relevance of theories if the man was "problematic". And this is not to say that the men of the past were not problematic! Indeed those whom we have seen as shining stars in their philosophy often were pretty shitty ehh? But I like to be a little understanding of flaws and history. First nobody is without their problems or kinks or whatever it may be, and next to judge the past on the basis of the cultural norms for which we see as normal and just, is like judging water diving with dog show judges, it is quite out of the zone of comprehension.

Anyways, I like Jung's Books. His collected works has helped me understand some things about trippin. I think it is great for white men to have some cultural basis for what is going on on shrooms and such.

I remember this quote: "If your religious and called to serve, no church or institution has called you rather the voice of god which calls to you." It reminds me how the church is different from the believe and also all said beliefes manifestations shall be different too. I apply it here because I sure appreciate Jung's book but I don't necessarily think that Jung as a person could hold up now a days. (because he is of the past, and that is gone.) Jung belonged where he belonged in time, and would be a different person if born today ya know? Just like u and me ya know?

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,141 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:49 AM

People's life stories are stories, and that's all they are.  Our judgments come from us, taking ourselves for stories. It's stories judging stories.   I think transcendence is us, getting past our stories of who we are, and again getting real, like we all started out.

• DonShadow likes this

#8 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,441 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:47 PM

...each as stars of cults of their own creation.

Aren't we all? Some cult leaders are just more "succeseful".

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,141 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:58 PM

So, when a cult leader is not trying to be one, and finds success in that arena, is he/she to blame?  I wish the greatest success to Gason.

[Direct Link]

#10 Moonless

Moonless

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:47 AM

So, when a cult leader is not trying to be one, and finds success in that arena, is he/she to blame?  I wish the greatest success to Gason.

[Direct Link]

I suppose he/she is not to blame, and me and you should take their work individually. Not to have it be preached to us by others interpretation. Yet wont we always be tied to judgement? Have it within us? Isn't judgement part of our condition to some extent? And if transcendence is us getting real, is there no space for judgement in that, or perhaps another manifestation of the sort will come along by?

I think that best not throw judgement out the window, rather be more in-tune with ones-self and to judge on the basis of true self.

This is what it says on the back of my vaporizer and I think it is an serendipitous good phrase:

"LOVE IS That Which Enables Choice

LOVE IS Always Stronger Than Fear

ALWAYS Choose on the Basis of Love"

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!