#1 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:42 AM

For each of the past 3 years, a kind soul has been providing me with a few sativa clones, which I plant outdoors in the belief that direct contact with the environment will help the teacher/ally in providing what is needed here & now.  I smoke frequently & regularly, but not in any quantity.  A hit or two at a time a few times a day keeps this old bear happy & well adjusted.  

Needless to say, I grow a lot more than I use, and few things make my heart shine more than watching someone's face light up when they are handed a mason jar full of citrusy buds grown with love.  The most fun is playing "Canna Claus" at the holidays bringing unexpected joy to folks on tight budgets, particularly those supporting themselves & young families as musicians.

For the first two years, my outdoor location was remote & only accessible by wading through a swamp & crossing a field filled with poison ivy.  This year, I've moved things a bit closer & it was a good thing given we've had the wettest summer since records have been kept, with 3X our normal summer rainfall.  Bud rot has been a constant issue.

My first two years were exclusively Super Lemon Haze (SLH), but this year I also got a couple Ganesh / Columbian Gold hybrid plants (which I'm calling Gold Ganesh for sake of convenience) and a single sativa known only as "Ken" in addition to a couple SLH.

One of the Gold Ganesh matured far more quickly than the others & got overripe while I was out of town for a bit.  It's now in the drying phase -- assuming things can dry with 96%RH -- and has a nice citrusy lemon/lime aroma in the raw & an energetic happy buzz when smoked.  None of the buds was very pretty, but I expect that they will be serviceable.

The biggest Gold Ganesh -- at least a third bigger than her sisters when planted -- was named Bernice.  She was harvested one morning in late September after I found her laying down after a hard rain.  It was a bit before her time, but this year's experience with bud rot -- particularly for buds in direct contact with the ground, convinced me not to push it.  Her buds are trimmed & drying prior to a final cure over the next 6 weeks or so

The final 3 -- 2 SLH & Ken -- stayed in the ground until yet another hard rain the night of October 3 left them laying down in the morning.  They are now hanging in the pole barn with a fan providing direct air circulation for drying.  I trimmed the sun leaves yesterday day & used the opportunity to inspect each bud.  These babies will be gorgeous!!

Enough from me.  Time to let the pictures do the talking.

Bernice Gold Ganesh
Bernice - Gold Ganesh on September 19, 2018

Bernice Gold Ganesh Cola Sept 19
Bernice's cola September 19, 2018

Ken On Sept 19
Ken on September 19, 2018

SLH Bud 2 Sept 19
SLH cola September 19, 2018

SLH Sept 28 (1)
SLH September 28, 2018 -- cola tips turning purple  -- trying to draw in pollinators with color? sexual frustration?

Ken & Bernice Sept 19

Ken & Bernice September 19, 2018

SLH Bud Sept 19
Another SLH cola September 19, 2018

Happy As A Bug In A Bud
Happy as a Bug in a Bud

SLH Bud Sept 28
SLH Top Bud September 28, 2018

Ken Cola Sept 28 (1)
Ken Top Bud September 28, 2018

• onediadem, roc, coorsmikey and 5 others like this

#2 oldmushmellow

oldmushmellow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:35 PM

I love sativas. I would like to meet Ken and Bernice. I'm sure they would get along great with my Amnesia and Blueberry.

• OldBear likes this

#3 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:15 AM

I love sativas. I would like to meet Ken and Bernice. I'm sure they would get along great with my Amnesia and Blueberry.

An uplifting get together to be sure. We live in wondrous times my friend!
  • coorsmikey likes this

#4 T0them00N

T0them00N

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:20 AM

Sativa sativa....I enjoy all cannabis but sativas I catch myself digging into more. They seem to get me smiling a little more and a little more creative... I too grow more that I smoke so I try and spread the love... great looking grow !
  • coorsmikey and OldBear like this

#5 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,009 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:49 AM

Well, now I got to wipe the saliva off my screen!  Those are some damn pretty pictures OldBear!

Lemon Haze...Mmmmmm one of my favorites!

• coorsmikey, OldBear and ljacve55 like this

#6 ljacve55

ljacve55

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:05 PM

Nice strains OldB!Outdoor growing is my normal every year activity.I cant imagine a year without guerilla.Here is Gorilla Glue,Somango,Afghany two weeks ago
c207a1b03a377f117dbab8aaae1317e2.jpg8df7e1ead06ede3ce5354cbc07bca460.jpg395c55979d624fed4cfb686fddeef72a.jpg

Poslano sa mog SM-A520F koristeći Tapatalk
  • roc, Dipole, coorsmikey and 1 other like this

#7 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,329 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:18 PM

Is there a bug problem?  I can't do that in SoCal.

Great looking plants.  I'd love to grow those.

Edited by Dipole, 31 October 2018 - 11:18 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#8 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 139 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:15 AM

ljacve55, those are beautiful!   It was a tough year here -- way too cold & wet for my babies, but we struggled through.       Sending vibes for your harvest to be bountiful!  Well done -- the love shines through!
  • roc likes this

#9 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,955 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:13 PM

Most of my buds are hybrid due to indoor grow and I miss my sativa from outside daze past.

Very nice buds!

I'd like to be the bug in that bud!

• OldBear likes this

#10 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:02 PM

ljacve55, those are beautiful!   It was a tough year here -- way too cold & wet for my babies, but we struggled through.       Sending vibes for your harvest to be bountiful!  Well done -- the love shines through!

The rain here has been unbelievable this season... Are you having any mold issues? Powdery Mildew? Rot?

#11 ljacve55

ljacve55

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:27 AM

ljacve55, those are beautiful! It was a tough year here -- way too cold & wet for my babies, but we struggled through. Sending vibes for your harvest to be bountiful! Well done -- the love shines through!

Im from Europe (Croatia) but not on the See side.Im near Zagreb and this year was one of the best we had in a decade.I didnt have mold,powdery mildew,practicly no rot.Maybe fue nuggets but that is it.Im still trimming because im doing all alone.My wife helps but she has no time so im alone in this.She makes some good canna brownies after all is done.

Poslano sa mog SM-A520F koristeći Tapatalk
  • roc and OldBear like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!